[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Ideas for improving existing BGs

Comments

• VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @Vunak

Then why not ask for an equalizad gear that can be customized (rerollable stats) outside the BG so when you join you had your EQ gear with the set you need to perform at optimal level?

What I am arguing and it seems many people don't get is about diference in base stats when you are uneq that in many cases if you are in mid tier gear you will be against other people (or matched with) that their gear gives them more than 18% better base stats plus 2 extra lines on weapon+armor. In a PvP battleground that kind of diference in stats is quite the advantage for any skilled player.

Rerollable stats aren't the answer, full customization would be. Also I did mention it, you just must not of read my full post above.
    Vunak wrote: »
    • Either add stun reduction to the equalized gear and add some attack speed or allow customizeable stats on equalized gear in the player profile, or remove equalized and bring the gear back in terms of power like it was before +15 was a thing. The fraywind - Conjunct - VM1/bloodrave power gap was perfect

aeee98 wrote: »
    Actually a better answer is to let NA actually design the EQ gear. No rerollables, no need for customisation, just the proper rolls all classes should have to perform optimally. Then you don't need a complaint about EQ vs Un-EQ.

The idea is simple, PvPers don't want to essentially "farm dungeons just to get gear". Most PvPers wouldn't even mind if the EQ gear is properly handled, which isn't. The reason why people are wanting UnEQ is because BHS is too dumb in their PvP design sense. Like seriously. A healer shouldn't be two shotted by a FotM class without any effort (even in a coordinated party things like this happen in EQ scenario and this is what kills healer interest in the game).

In short, PvP should be an activity anyone can take part, so it SHOULD reward PvE related items as well, even if you are a pure PvPer. The Box rewards are okay if not for the NA market to be so nice to players, and as such should just be modified (it is a box with a loot table, seriously that isn't that hard to recode).

Then what about CU? CU is literally guild battle royale. If NA doesn't want to properly follow this simple concept and actually not abuse it, there is nothing else I can do lol.

Allowing the NA player base to design the gear would be a clusterfluck. People wouldn't be able to agree on what stats are properly weighted for each class, not to mention there are multiple ways to build a class. Some people prefer Power, some prefer crit, some attack speed, some full endurance etc. Allowing customization would likely be easier in the end with also allowing for more flexibility later on when things may change with how the gear is being changed. Its a permanent solution rather than a temporary fix that may only apply to this build of TERA.

I honestly think the best solution is to give everyone in PvP top of the line gear. Allow them to customize that +15, or whatever the new gear is going to be after the revamp, how they want in PvP only. Bring back leaderboards and make rating worth something by allowing players that hit 1500+ or perhaps 1700+ to buy those pieces for use outside of BGs as well. It gives players an incentive to do PvP and gives players an incentive to actually do well in PvP to get that gear. It wouldn't adversely hurt PvE as those players could gear through their preferred method while giving PvP players an alternative.

It would be similar to how Bloodrave was handled but different since everything would still be equalized with top of the line gear, but only in those BGs unless a player or a team is good enough to reach those higher ratings to also use it outside of BGs.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    duplicate post...
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vunak wrote: »
    Rerollable stats aren't the answer, full customization would be. Also I did mention it, you just must not of read my full post above.

If you mean full customization as the rerollable stats and the kind of jewellery (power/crit) then yes, pretty much what you say is needed in a BG.

If they give each class the same gear (same gear per class) but they allow us to choose between power/crit jewellery and also to chose they rolls and also set the rolls for the gear and belt then of course that would allow a better PvP experience.

Make an EQ gear for each class with only static base stats and let the players customize the extra stats with the prefered choice.
  • Sag33dSag33d ✭✭
    - Allow players to queue for multiple BGs at once.
    How will this work with the player requirements? If I queue for Grid and CS I would expect Grid to pop far more often since you only need 30.

-Bring back unequalized FWC.
    Please just change the equalized equipment or allow us to customize it. I don't want to grind forever to be able to lose a FWC because a few people on the team don't have wings. I know there's a new gear system coming but I'm not convinced that it will be any less grindy. This is a Korean MMO after all.

-Improve vote kicking. Require fewer votes and less time before a player can be kicked.
    No.

-Implement a post-game honor system for players with great attitudes.
    What does this mean exactly?

-Increase the HP/Defense of gates in CS.
    Sure, why not.

-Greatly increase the damage done by bombs in CS.
    God no, please. Bombs are already the worst part of Gridiron and they don't even render properly.

-Increase the HP of the Anchorstone in CS.
    Meh.

-Increase the difficulty of BAMs in FWC.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Adjust the point ratio in FWC to make pyres more important.
    Cool.

The first priority should be to make EQ gear better, preferably through customization. And please, no OP bombs in CS.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing is that you guys should make it so pvpers have a way of getting a deathwrack belt. Atm you can only get it through vshm
  • A Simple suggestion i have and it is. Corsairs Stronghold lvl 30 up can que with lvl 65 again .Maybe a P.V.P Preset for skills bar and lvl 65 crystals zrks glyphs for lower Levels sounds fun to me and great improvement on older CS.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pumpedd wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    I'd like to get some player opinions together on ways to improve the existing Battlegrounds in TERA. Mainly looking for medium and small tweaks to the maps and mechanics. Things we can suggest to Bluehole that wouldn't require major a overhaul, but would be great quality of life changes to keep BGs interesting. Think about what your idea would look like if you saw it written as a patch note.

For example, here are some things I've seen from players in the past:
    • Allow players to queue for multiple BGs at once.
    • Bring back unequalized FWC.
    • Improve vote kicking. Require fewer votes and less time before a player can be kicked.
    • Implement a post-game honor system for players with great attitudes.
    • Increase the HP/Defense of gates in CS.
    • Greatly increase the damage done by bombs in CS.
    • Increase the HP of the Anchorstone in CS.
    • Increase the difficulty of BAMs in FWC.
    • Adjust the point ratio in FWC to make pyres more important.

Regarding loot - if you have an idea for a new loot system to make BGs more rewarding, you can tell us about it, but the focus here is more on mechanics than rewards. Please put some thought into your idea and don't just suggest "better loot." We could hand out diamond dragons to every BG winner and it wouldn't do anything to improve the BG itself.

Please keep the conversation constructive! Sarcasm and caustic remarks will be removed from this thread so that the discussion can stay on course.

FYI people are spam kicking in bgs so you guys would need to have a no tolerance policy on random kicking

etc sending in a video of said person getting kicked and seeing who initiated it.

Yes, with the current vote count, the random "I don't like this guy, kick" or troll kicks don't happen so often. If lowering the quantity, it will be quite the problem. The current count allows common sense to prevail over accidental accepts on troll kicks or also accidental declines on legit kicks.
    Whoever I still stand firm against the in-progress rule being removed. The vote count should stay the same, the 120s after battle timer has to go. You can't do anything with bots, complete trolls and AFKs in most BGs because of this rule.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Look how fast this sunk. Never-forgotten. I'm guessing @Spacecats list wasn't very impressive for most PvPers but he'd like to think it was or something. (seriously it's like half of it nobody ever asked for!).

At least don't ignore it without a follow-up just like that, it's annoying it's like you don't care and just want people to waste their time posting their ideas for no reason.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Come on EME, I mean at least an acknowledgement that you even read this thread anymore? Is that too much to ask?
  • The only thing tera needs to be great again is a 50 man hack'n slash dungeon

20 tanks
    20 dps
    10 healers

beetween global servers

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Borsuc said:
    > Come on EME, I mean at least an acknowledgement that you even read this thread anymore? Is that too much to ask?

They let the thread die off, just like everything else in this game.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    FaytEsteem wrote: »
    Koikoi wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    I know tons of people who would return if FW wasn't equalized.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.

The last part of your post contradicts your whole post.

If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.

False, the "EQ" gear they shove down our throats favors certain classes over others (and don't even get me started on how horrible EQ gear is for tanks/healers). This has been talked to death in the forums, I don't need to expand it.

Unequalized gear favors other class also but the main diference is that unequalized gear favors PvE players more than pvpers.

If you're talking about pvp bg's then unequalized gear would favor PvP players more than PvE players.

Did you know that there are pvpers that dont want to grind or do PvE content to grind gear?

There are many people that are looking for a PvP balanced scenario that uneq gear wont bring, rather it destroy balance in that becuase you have to grind to have the best gear and rise your chances to success, instead eq gear will make you and the other contenders the same and then only the more skilled players will win (if not cheating of course).

Did you know that there are pvpers who want to grind for their gear and do un equalized battlegounds?

Equalized gear isn't all that great since for 1 its a pain for healers and 2 it ruins the hard work most pvpers put into getting their gear that they want to use in pvp. Equalized gear won't make you the same as other contenders. I wonder if you've done fwc, cs, or grid at all since you said that.
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.

If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.

False, the "EQ" gear they shove down our throats favors certain classes over others (and don't even get me started on how horrible EQ gear is for tanks/healers). This has been talked to death in the forums, I don't need to expand it.

Unequalized gear favors other class also but the main diference is that unequalized gear favors PvE players more than pvpers.

If you're talking about pvp bg's then unequalized gear would favor PvP players more than PvE players.

Did you know that there are pvpers that dont want to grind or do PvE content to grind gear?

There are many people that are looking for a PvP balanced scenario that uneq gear wont bring, rather it destroy balance in that becuase you have to grind to have the best gear and rise your chances to success, instead eq gear will make you and the other contenders the same and then only the more skilled players will win (if not cheating of course).

Did you know that there are pvpers who want to grind for their gear and do un equalized battlegounds?

Equalized gear isn't all that great since for 1 its a pain for healers and 2 it ruins the hard work most pvpers put into getting their gear that they want to use in pvp. Equalized gear won't make you the sam

Equalized gear isn't all that great since for 1 its a pain for healers and 2 it ruins the hard work most pvpers put into getting their gear that they want to use in pvp. Equalized gear won't make you the sam