[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Ideas for improving existing BGs

Comments

• ElinUsagi wrote: »
    FaytEsteem wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Koikoi wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    I know tons of people who would return if FW wasn't equalized.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.

The last part of your post contradicts your whole post.

If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.

False, the "EQ" gear they shove down our throats favors certain classes over others (and don't even get me started on how horrible EQ gear is for tanks/healers). This has been talked to death in the forums, I don't need to expand it.

Unequalized gear favors other class also but the main diference is that unequalized gear favors PvE players more than pvpers.

If you're talking about pvp bg's then unequalized gear would favor PvP players more than PvE players.

Did you know that there are pvpers that dont want to grind or do PvE content to grind gear?

There are many people that are looking for a PvP balanced scenario that uneq gear wont bring, rather it destroy balance in that becuase you have to grind to have the best gear and rise your chances to success, instead eq gear will make you and the other contenders the same and then only the more skilled players will win (if not cheating of course).

Did you know that there are pvpers who want to grind for their gear and do un equalized battlegounds?

Equalized gear isn't all that great since for 1 its a pain for healers and 2 it ruins the hard work most pvpers put into getting their gear that they want to use in pvp. Equalized gear won't make you the sam
  • @ElinUsagi

Did you know that there are pvpers who want to grind for their gear and do un equalized battlegounds?

Equalized gear isn't all that great since for 1 its a pain for healers and 2 it ruins the hard work most pvpers put into getting their gear that they want to use in pvp. Equalized gear won't make you the sam

• Did you know that there are pvpers who want to grind for their gear and do un equalized battlegounds?

• VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    delete duplicate post
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    Borsuc wrote: »
    @Vunak: I didn't mean that E-sports "make" a good PvP game. Rather, if it does have E-sports, it means its PvP is done right (even if some of us think it's garbage, people have different opinions so that's natural). It's a measurement, but it's not the only one. You gauge the game's interest in PvP and a proper PvP setup if it has esports. Of course if it doesn't have esports, it does not mean that the PvP in the game is terrible or bad. But it doesn't mean it's good either; so it's a simple gauge. It could be good without esports, but I doubt that any game with esports has bad PvP (objectively bad), so the other way around doesn't apply. You won't likely see hours long queues and such for those games, unlike in TERA. (again it doesn't mean a game lacking esports will necessarily have hours long queues, but there's no guarantee)

As for, Skyring Slam, it would be perfect for an esport setting, it has everything it needs for that setup -- including good viewability/watchability. Personally, much more fun to watch TERA Skyring PvP than GW2, so I'm a bit triggered due to BHS's decisions.

Oh I agree. TERA has the ability to become a great game to watch and dedicate to E-Sports. Its just unfortunate that TERAs PvP for whatever reason was abandoned. The old Skyring and Canyon Clashes are an example of that they were very watchable and enjoyable. If they had facilitated an environment for E-Sports in TERA to flourish it likely would have.

I don't necessarily think that the PvP systems and PvP in general of TERA had anything to do with its "failure" in regards to being a popular PvP MMO similar to BnS. Rather a lack of every other system in TERA being generic or very badly implemented. Had TERA kept the combat system it has now and created an interesting starting experience with more than simple dungeons at endgame to do. Actually done a lot for optimization to allow for a smooth experience early on, it is very likely TERA would be a very different and a decently popular MMO today.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    @Vunak

Then why not ask for an equalizad gear that can be customized (rerollable stats) outside the BG so when you join you had your EQ gear with the set you need to perform at optimal level?

What I am arguing and it seems many people don't get is about diference in base stats when you are uneq that in many cases if you are in mid tier gear you will be against other people (or matched with) that their gear gives them more than 18% better base stats plus 2 extra lines on weapon+armor. In a PvP battleground that kind of diference in stats is quite the advantage for any skilled player.

Rerollable stats aren't the answer, full customization would be. Also I did mention it, you just must not of read my full post above.
    Vunak wrote: »
    • Either add stun reduction to the equalized gear and add some attack speed or allow customizeable stats on equalized gear in the player profile, or remove equalized and bring the gear back in terms of power like it was before +15 was a thing. The fraywind - Conjunct - VM1/bloodrave power gap was perfect

aeee98 wrote: »
    Actually a better answer is to let NA actually design the EQ gear. No rerollables, no need for customisation, just the proper rolls all classes should have to perform optimally. Then you don't need a complaint about EQ vs Un-EQ.

The idea is simple, PvPers don't want to essentially "farm dungeons just to get gear". Most PvPers wouldn't even mind if the EQ gear is properly handled, which isn't. The reason why people are wanting UnEQ is because BHS is too dumb in their PvP design sense. Like seriously. A healer shouldn't be two shotted by a FotM class without any effort (even in a coordinated party things like this happen in EQ scenario and this is what kills healer interest in the game).

In short, PvP should be an activity anyone can take part, so it SHOULD reward PvE related items as well, even if you are a pure PvPer. The Box rewards are okay if not for the NA market to be so nice to players, and as such should just be modified (it is a box with a loot table, seriously that isn't that hard to recode).

Then what about CU? CU is literally guild battle royale. If NA doesn't want to properly follow this simple concept and actually not abuse it, there is nothing else I can do lol.

Allowing the NA player base to design the gear would be a clusterfluck. People wouldn't be able to agree on what stats are properly weighted for each class, not to mention there are multiple ways to build a class. Some people prefer Power, some prefer crit, some attack speed, some full endurance etc. Allowing customization would likely be easier in the end with also allowing for more flexibility later on when things may change with how the gear is being changed. Its a permanent solution rather than a temporary fix that may only apply to this build of TERA.

I honestly think the best solution is to give everyone in PvP top of the line gear. Allow them to customize that +15, or whatever the new gear is going to be after the revamp, how they want in PvP only. Bring back leaderboards and make rating worth something by allowing players that hit 1500+ or perhaps 1700+ to buy those pieces for use outside of BGs as well. It gives players an incentive to do PvP and gives players an incentive to actually do well in PvP to get that gear. It wouldn't adversely hurt PvE as those players could gear through their preferred method while giving PvP players an alternative.

It would be similar to how Bloodrave was handled but different since everything would still be equalized with top of the line gear, but only in those BGs unless a player or a team is good enough to reach those higher ratings to also use it outside of BGs.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    duplicate post delete...
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Koikoi wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    I know tons of people who would return if FW wasn't equalized.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.

The last part of your post contradicts your whole post.

If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.

False, the "EQ" gear they shove down our throats favors certain classes over others (and don't even get me started on how horrible EQ gear is for tanks/healers). This has been talked to death in the forums, I don't need to expand it.

Unequalized gear favors other class also but the main diference is that unequalized gear favors PvE players more than pvpers.

If you're talking about pvp bg's then unequalized gear would favor PvP players more than PvE players.

Did you know that there are pvpers that dont want to grind or do PvE content to grind gear?

There are many people that are looking for a PvP balanced scenario that uneq gear wont bring, rather it destroy balance in that becuase you have to grind to have the best gear and rise your chances to success, instead eq gear will make you and the other contenders the same and then only the more skilled players will win (if not cheating of course).

• @ElinUsagi

• VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    @Vunak

Then why not ask for an equalizad gear that can be customized (rerollable stats) outside the BG so when you join you had your EQ gear with the set you need to perform at optimal level?

What I am arguing and it seems many people don't get is about diference in base stats when you are uneq that in many cases if you are in mid tier gear you will be against other people (or matched with) that their gear gives them more than 18% better base stats plus 2 extra lines on weapon+armor. In a PvP battleground that kind of diference in stats is quite the advantage for any skilled player.

Rerollable stats aren't the answer, full customization would be. Also I did mention it, you just must not of read my full post above.
    Vunak wrote: »
    • Either add stun reduction to the equalized gear and add some attack speed or allow customizeable stats on equalized gear in the player profile, or remove equalized and bring the gear back in terms of power like it was before +15 was a thing. The fraywind - Conjunct - VM1/bloodrave power gap was perfect

aeee98 wrote: »
    Actually a better answer is to let NA actually design the EQ gear. No rerollables, no need for customisation, just the proper rolls all classes should have to perform optimally. Then you don't need a complaint about EQ vs Un-EQ.

The idea is simple, PvPers don't want to essentially "farm dungeons just to get gear". Most PvPers wouldn't even mind if the EQ gear is properly handled, which isn't. The reason why people are wanting UnEQ is because BHS is too dumb in their PvP design sense. Like seriously. A healer shouldn't be two shotted by a FotM class without any effort (even in a coordinated party things like this happen in EQ scenario and this is what kills healer interest in the game).

In short, PvP should be an activity anyone can take part, so it SHOULD reward PvE related items as well, even if you are a pure PvPer. The Box rewards are okay if not for the NA market to be so nice to players, and as such should just be modified (it is a box with a loot table, seriously that isn't that hard to recode).

Then what about CU? CU is literally guild battle royale. If NA doesn't want to properly follow this simple concept and actually not abuse it, there is nothing else I can do lol.

Allowing the NA player base to design the gear would be a clusterfluck. People wouldn't be able to agree on what stats are properly weighted for each class, not to mention there are multiple ways to build a class. Some people prefer Power, some prefer crit, some attack speed, some full endurance etc. Allowing customization would likely be easier in the end with also allowing for more flexibility later on when things may change with how the gear is being changed. Its a permanent solution rather than a temporary fix that may only apply to this build of TERA.

I honestly think the best solution is to give everyone in PvP top of the line gear. Allow them to customize that +15, or whatever the new gear is going to be after the revamp, how they want in PvP only. Bring back leaderboards and make rating worth something by allowing players that hit 1500+ or perhaps 1700+ to buy those pieces for use outside of BGs as well. It gives players an incentive to do PvP and gives players an incentive to actually do well in PvP to get that gear. It wouldn't adversely hurt PvE as those players could gear through their preferred method while giving PvP players an alternative.

It would be similar to how Bloodrave was handled but different since everything would still be equalized with top of the line gear, but only in those BGs unless a player or a team is good enough to reach those higher ratings to also use it outside of BGs.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Duplicate Post... delete

• Did you know that there are pvpers who want to grind for their gear and do un equalized battlegounds?

• CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you know that EME has literally no control over that, only BHS does? And BHS has plans to bring back unequalized FWC with the next huge update?
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    EME can pass those complaints along to BHS. And maybe the complaining was a factor in that decision.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    Borsuc wrote: »
    You seem to have this misconception that "normal gear" means how classes should be, when every stat you can "pick and choose" is by itself designed by BHS, just like how classes are. I don't see how that is much of an argument to be honest.

For example, what you gave about CDR. CDR is the biggest source of imbalance in the game. Some people want an equalized Skyring precisely to get rid of CDR and not for any other reason. Just because you find CDR "balanced" or "how it should be" does not make it so. Remember, during VM1 CDR did not even exist as a stat (pick and choose doesn't matter since it's still designed by BHS) and the game was far more balanced. Ground Pound not being a guaranteed thing and then people (used to) whine brawlers were too OP. The irony. Ever thought it's normal gear stats that make the game imbalanced more than eq? Healers are too strong in uneq because they don't have to mix defensive with offensive stats since they can take everything for defense and CDR. In eq it's punishing and you actually need your team to survive just like how your team needs you (i.e. need peels), more unforgiving.

Slayers are another example. People complain how bad they are, yet in eq gear they tend to do bursts enough to solo healers which makes them ok overall. "uneq gear is more balanced" yeah.

You can't really compare the VM1 days to the game now, also the game was only far more balanced then than now because it didn't have all the new classes. Nor the stat priorities then and now. Both unequalized and equalized both cause imbalances. Unequalized or customize-able stats just causes less. Like I said, some classes get completely shafted by unequalized gear, while others (mainly the new classes) it doesn't matter for them. That is why there is a thing called scaling, certain classes scale better with higher stats than others which brings the gap closer together of already high performing classes to those that need certain stats to perform well. You can't really argue stun reduction on earrings either that just needs to happen. There's also a reason Unequalized FWC was much more popular than equalized FWC. Even when they had both available at the same time way back when. Unequalized popped much more frequently, which is why equalized eventually got removed. Now we are back to equalized and PvP is more dead than it has ever been in TERA.