[TERA Console] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 8:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

[TERA PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 9:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Ideas for improving existing BGs

11920212224

Comments

  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vunak wrote: »
    Especially as a community liaison like Tonka was and knowing what the community wants but not having that feedback given and forwarded being listened to or used at all.

    No thank you, he is good outside from here, a person who came to a game and add 40% of damage reducciton and aditional buffs to an expecific class on a BG just because some complains for people that don't want to be focused on them don't make it a good community liason but a cryer liaison.

    He was one of the factor why the PvP started to die in the game as he never touched certain players that were griefing against new players over the years he was on Tera because those players were his friends.

    No thank you, Tonka is good being far away from Tera.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Vunak wrote: »
    Especially as a community liaison like Tonka was and knowing what the community wants but not having that feedback given and forwarded being listened to or used at all.

    No thank you, he is good outside from here, a person who came to a game and add 40% of damage reducciton and aditional buffs to an expecific class on a BG just because some complains for people that don't want to be focused on them don't make it a good community liason but a cryer liaison.

    He was one of the factor why the PvP started to die in the game as he never touched certain players that were griefing against new players over the years he was on Tera because those players were his friends.

    No thank you, Tonka is good being far away from Tera.

    Do you actually read what your write before you post it because I am seriously starting to wonder.

    Tonka didn't have any control over what was added to or removed from the game, that is just completely asinine to think otherwise. He was a community manager. The only thing he did was interact with us in-game, on the forums, through streams and create community events (Canyon Clash and Skyring Slam being two of those events). Has there been any actual community events from our last two community managers that even had a clue about PvP? If Spacecats tried to commentate a PvP match it would be disastrous since he doesn't actually understand much about the classes/abilities or inner workings of PvP or the game in general. Where as Tonka actually did a fairly decent job at it and got people interested in PvP during those events.

    Spacecats isn't a bad community manager he is a definite upgrade from our last, but he also hasn't done anything for the PvP community since he as been here, where as Tonka actually did. I mean that one lady Danicia or whatever her name was thought Baraka was a class so you can't get much worse than that.

  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    No thank you, he is good outside from here, a person who came to a game and add 40% of damage reducciton and aditional buffs to an expecific class on a BG just because some complains for people that don't want to be focused on them don't make it a good community liason but a cryer liaison.

    He was one of the factor why the PvP started to die in the game as he never touched certain players that were griefing against new players over the years he was on Tera because those players were his friends.

    No thank you, Tonka is good being far away from Tera.

    wow i didn't know Tonka worked for BHS?? able to make sweeping class changes like that, wow..... who knew a Community Manager had such power... amazing

    you're totally right the only person on the entirety of EME's staff throughout the history of this game to give a sincere damn about PVP to the point of putting in so much effort to hold PVP focused events; canyon clash, skyring slam, like vunak said, is the reason why PVP started to die. it's actually so much better off now we have no PVP focused events, and a community manager who wouldn't know the first thing about PVP or how to even properly hold any sort of related events. This So Much Better.

    I can't handle anymore people talking who don't know what they're talking about. This is too much.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Vunak wrote: »
    Especially as a community liaison like Tonka was and knowing what the community wants but not having that feedback given and forwarded being listened to or used at all.

    No thank you, he is good outside from here, a person who came to a game and add 40% of damage reducciton and aditional buffs to an expecific class on a BG just because some complains for people that don't want to be focused on them don't make it a good community liason but a cryer liaison.

    He was one of the factor why the PvP started to die in the game as he never touched certain players that were griefing against new players over the years he was on Tera because those players were his friends.

    No thank you, Tonka is good being far away from Tera.

    I'm starting to question you now...at this point..I don't even think you know what you're saying tbh.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Ardire wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    No thank you, he is good outside from here, a person who came to a game and add 40% of damage reducciton and aditional buffs to an expecific class on a BG just because some complains for people that don't want to be focused on them don't make it a good community liason but a cryer liaison.

    He was one of the factor why the PvP started to die in the game as he never touched certain players that were griefing against new players over the years he was on Tera because those players were his friends.

    No thank you, Tonka is good being far away from Tera.

    wow i didn't know Tonka worked for BHS?? able to make sweeping class changes like that, wow..... who knew a Community Manager had such power... amazing

    you're totally right the only person on the entirety of EME's staff throughout the history of this game to give a sincere damn about PVP to the point of putting in so much effort to hold PVP focused events; canyon clash, skyring slam, like vunak said, is the reason why PVP started to die. it's actually so much better off now we have no PVP focused events, and a community manager who wouldn't know the first thing about PVP or how to even properly hold any sort of related events. This So Much Better.

    I can't handle anymore people talking who don't know what they're talking about. This is too much.

    Oh! Tonka did that good at the point that weeks before he left Tera PvP content was already someting with not much of a difference in q times than today, maybe if he won't have entitle elitism and protected griefers then Tera would be doing great before he quit his job but no, Tera already was in a poorly state in PvP matters.

    Would be something if he would banned people exploiting or cheating or at least the griefers but nothing of all that he did, just make events with "the same people around him" mostly their friends in-game.

    So many years protecting those people now have left us with many players thinking that cheating is something normal to do in the game and now player experience in PvE and PvP content is distorted and really poor compared with other games because of that.
  • Honestly I think Grid should be un eq as well
    I feel the bombs are more than enough for those who don't have gear
    Plus healers could actually enjoy it instead of healing for nothing getting erased LOL
  • Jdog wrote: »
    Honestly I think Grid should be un eq as well
    I feel the bombs are more than enough for those who don't have gear
    Plus healers could actually enjoy it instead of healing for nothing getting erased LOL

    Funny you say that, but when people get low amounts of healers on their team in gridiron they cry because it's unfair.

    ''one mystic, they have 3 priests RIP'' - when gridiron first came out I heard that all day.
  • MiskuChan wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »
    Honestly I think Grid should be un eq as well
    I feel the bombs are more than enough for those who don't have gear
    Plus healers could actually enjoy it instead of healing for nothing getting erased LOL

    Funny you say that, but when people get low amounts of healers on their team in gridiron they cry because it's unfair.

    ''one mystic, they have 3 priests RIP'' - when gridiron first came out I heard that all day.

    Yeah and when it first came out it wasn't EQ but yeah healers could actually do great
    Yet still not great enough, By that I mean they weren't OP as dps could still carry the game
    I know I was always in the top 5 for the first 3 months of it's release lol
  • The moment CS was made 65 only and kumas 20-64 and a 65 only is the day the queues slowed down. So bring it back to anyone 20+ can queue for them or make a 65 only queue but leave option for 20+.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    typo
    sorry wrong thread.
  • edited September 2017
    When it comes to end game, PvP arena is extremely important in order to keep population. Hope EME allow multi-queue and a way to farm all the highest tier gears only thru PvP arenas cuz there are such players anyway.
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    Pyres on fwc, multiple queues and fwc non eq should be priority atm, for cs i dont know how is the situation since i left during a long time.
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Honestly,

    I've been saying this for some time.. ever since this schedule was introduced actually! What you guys should do is allow us to choose where we want to play!! Why not wipe the Jackpot schedule completely.. Save yourselves and the players from debating over what battleground for each day. Save yourselves the time having to create a schedule in the first place. Why NOT have daily Jackpot everyday for every battleground?!?! That way people can choose where they want to play rather than be forced to play in ONE specific battleground each day, because lets face it no one queue's for anything but the daily battleground. As a healer when Champion Skyring is on the schedule is just pisses me off, because the likely chance of winning a solo Champion Skyring is slim, and having to make a 3 man pre-made is nothing less than annoying. Especially for someone like me who enjoys playing and queuing by myself rather than relying on others. Not to mention it gets really boring when you're playing in the same battleground all day. I would love to be able to switch it up and go wherever I like.

    The other concern I have would be the rewards.. I don't know if this was intentional or not but why is Corsairs winning box rewarding one material and two receipts while every other battleground wining box rewards one material only? Why is there a lack of 2 receipts from these battleground winning boxes? The rewards in general are already seriously lacking and should be improved since we are relying on RNG once again.. These boxes most of the time reward out of date (tier 11) feedstock. Aside from the winning boxes why is Tier 11 feedstock a Jackpot reward? We need to remove tier 11 feedstock as a Jackpot reward. We need to add those two receipts into the other battleground winning boxes aside from Cosairs. We should also give losers 2 receipts instead of 1, and make their time worth while. No offense but the fact that you said you weren't concerned about the rewards is CONCERNING to me, because rewards is the most important factor in this. If you didn't have loot rewards you wouldn't have anyone in these battlegrounds at all. The loot should be at the top of the list of improving so it's satisfactory to all players, and enough to convince players to WANT to PVP again. If you're giving people 10-15 tier 11 feedstock for 20-30 minutes do you HONESTLY believe that is appropriate compensation for their time? If you think it is then I am seriously concerned for the future of PVP in Tera.

    Lastly, I personally could care less about the equalization gear in Fraywinds..Some people don't like it and for me it doesn't bother me either way.. In my opinion the only thing that will improve and drive players to want to PVP is improving the rewards and getting rid of that damn schedule. Perhaps even changing the equalization gear in Fraywinds if that's what it will take to drive players in then so be it. Do what needs to be done to save the PVP population from dwindling down further than it already has.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    @ToxicDemise your point would be a good one if the player base would be big enought so q times don't become a hell for every content.

    Right now TERA has a lot of content that people runs throught instance matching and battleground matting, making the jackpot avaliable for all BGs everyday will only split the pvp population in an unhealthy way for q times.

    Even games as LoL with active player base of millions ended up deleting content arguing that they needed to maintain a healhy q times for the most played BGs and making events for people to q to certain BGs at certain days. What do you think may could happen in Tera with only thousands of active players and maybe less than half run BGs? The q times will be horrendous.

    About your second point, I agree, rewards are somewhat lacking at BGs in overall, it would be good if a least they would left the BC and KSC to get previous VM mats and PvP jewellery, but now for PvPers this became somewhat a hidrance to gear up for guild vs guild content.
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    NO OFFENSE spacecats.. this all seems good and all but what about the HEALERS? Or are we just expected to keep everyone alive so they have a better chance at overall damage output for better rewards?!?!? Meanwhile we sit in the dark and skip out of most of the rewards you mentioned...The only two that I could possible get as a healer is "in a ship with 3 other people" and "Got the most assists"?

    Killing three people with a siege weapon is very unlikely considering how fast it is for DPS to kill a siege. Majority of the time a healer WILL not be sitting in a siege as there is only a few of us and we are expected to heal the raid. Guarding a ladder for more than three minutes I would need a DPS along side me if I were to get that type of reward (unless it's Corsairs inners). Why would I waste my time guarding any other ladder when I should be healing the raid? As for most kills, most damage to a gate, and most damage to an anchorstone well they are all out the window for us healers.. Capping an enemy controlled pyre well the chances of that are slim since you know I should be busy healing instead. Do you see where I am going with this? If you're going to introduce a system like this you need to make a separate list that would appease healers, tanks, and dps. The island quests were already a slap in the face for us healers don't make it worse by continuing down the path of ignoring healer game play and only appeasing dps players.

    "They are, I just want to keep the discussion focused on how BGs play and how they've changed (or could be changed) over time. Rewards are honestly a bit of an afterthought unless you're talking about changing how they're distributed during the course of a match.

    Just to throw out a couple crazy ideas...

    What if CS gave slightly larger rewards to players who completed small objectives during a match like:
    Got the most kills.
    Got the most assists.
    Did the most damage to a gate.
    Did the most damage to the anchorstone.
    Capped an enemy-controlled pyre.
    Was in a ship with 3 other people.
    Killed three people with a siege weapon.
    Guarded a ladder for more then three minutes.

    What if FWC had random elements thrown in like:
    Boss BAMs that circle the map and create a moving hazard.
    Randomized gate/fence openings that provide alternate access to the water.
    Large 15-second buffs that overpower a team right after capping a pyre.
    A single-use AOE rez ability for healer classes to turn the tide of a battle.
    Additional raid leader abilities (like map scan).

    (Some of these would drastically change the way FWC plays out, but each individual thing wouldn't really need an overhaul of the battleground. FWC would still be FWC. You cap pyres, you kill BAMs and players, you get points to win.)"
Sign In or Register to comment.