[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Plus, get free items upon your first post-update log-in. Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

Ideas for improving existing BGs

1192021222325»

Comments

• ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @ToxicDemise your point would be a good one if the player base would be big enought so q times don't become a hell for every content.

Right now TERA has a lot of content that people runs throught instance matching and battleground matting, making the jackpot avaliable for all BGs everyday will only split the pvp population in an unhealthy way for q times.

Even games as LoL with active player base of millions ended up deleting content arguing that they needed to maintain a healhy q times for the most played BGs and making events for people to q to certain BGs at certain days. What do you think may could happen in Tera with only thousands of active players and maybe less than half run BGs? The q times will be horrendous.

About your second point, I agree, rewards are somewhat lacking at BGs in overall, it would be good if a least they would left the BC and KSC to get previous VM mats and PvP jewellery, but now for PvPers this became somewhat a hidrance to gear up for guild vs guild content.

Well that's only half way true because we know what battlegrounds everyone would go to, and that's Corsairs and Fraywinds. We can't help the fact that these two battlegrounds are more appeasing then the rest. Perhaps Bluehole should introduce more PVP content to break up that preference. If we want to bring players back and bring more interest in PVP we should let people have the freedom to choose. Out of every other MMO I've played I've never seen a system set up in this way where you're given no other choice but one. Running the same battleground all day long is boring as hell! We are driving players away by forcing them to play in battlegrounds they don't like!

If we fix what drove away PVP players to begin with perhaps some of these players will return and the queue times won't be such an issue. Don't forget the Jackpot system is fairly new and has only been out for a few months.. This system I am suggesting was the same system in place before they HAD to introduce the Jackpot system which to me was a last ditch effort in saving the PVP. If it worked in the past why wouldn't it work now? Why would we compensate the current low population by forcing players to play in battlegrounds they don't want to. (No one is really forced to do anything but as a PVP player who wants to PVP and there is only once choice in front of me with no other option. Well what am I to do?) I know SEVERAL players who avoid battlegrounds most commonly for example Champion Skyring when it's the daily. The only way to save PVP is by reversing the ridiculous changes made originally and removing the Jackpot schedule and instead allowing the Jackpot in every battleground. If removing equalization gear from Fraywinds will help then so be it! It's not like there isn't any other equalization gear battleground options anyway... If Enmasse has no ability to make this change then at least they should consider removing the Jackpot Schedule! They were on the right track by increasing the Jackpot daily times to 24 hours, but they should go the extra mile by removing the schedule altogether and letting us decide where to play for ourselves.
  • @ToxicDemise
    The current population number of tera cannot handle every bg being a daily option. If people are not pushed to one (possibly 2) BG's you will have a hard time finding a game.

Right now there is only 1-2 concurrent matches on given jackpot days.

I queue with my girlfriend who is a healer. Even then we have a hard time finding a match unless its peak hours at night.
  • One thing to keep in mind if you queue with a party (regardless of size) the game seems to try to match you against a raid that includes another party, which can often increase queue times. I believe it eventually gives up after enough time passes.

Incidentally, this is partly why you might seem to go up against the same groups of players.

Anyway, yeah, multi-battleground queue would probably make it harder to queue for anything. Unless we get some changes that really liven up the game and the battlegrounds, it'd just kill things even more.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    I'd like to get some player opinions together on ways to improve the existing Battlegrounds in TERA. Mainly looking for medium and small tweaks to the maps and mechanics. Things we can suggest to Bluehole that wouldn't require major a overhaul, but would be great quality of life changes to keep BGs interesting. Think about what your idea would look like if you saw it written as a patch note.

For example, here are some things I've seen from players in the past:
    • Allow players to queue for multiple BGs at once.
    • Bring back unequalized FWC.
    • Improve vote kicking. Require fewer votes and less time before a player can be kicked.
    • Implement a post-game honor system for players with great attitudes.
    • Increase the HP/Defense of gates in CS.
    • Greatly increase the damage done by bombs in CS.
    • Increase the HP of the Anchorstone in CS.
    • Increase the difficulty of BAMs in FWC.
    • Adjust the point ratio in FWC to make pyres more important.

Regarding loot - if you have an idea for a new loot system to make BGs more rewarding, you can tell us about it, but the focus here is more on mechanics than rewards. Please put some thought into your idea and don't just suggest "better loot." We could hand out diamond dragons to every BG winner and it wouldn't do anything to improve the BG itself.

Please keep the conversation constructive! Sarcasm and caustic remarks will be removed from this thread so that the discussion can stay on course.

I believe I made several suggestions in the past so I'll drop what comes to mind below.

Have both CS and FWC playable from 30-64 (I say 64 due to 65 being where the top tier gear is at which removes dyads and Vm gear from the equation).

Strengthen the gates in CS IS A MUST! We have too many busted classes (valk / gunner ) that make the gates look like they were made from cardboard.

Removal of Bombs from CS al together. It was better without them. We have classes that are AoE effective i.e. Brawler / Gunner / Valkyrie / Sorc / Archer / Zerk (If you pull off cyclone ofc).

Regarding Bams in fraywind canyon along with Pyres. I'm going to suggest removing Pyres. Pyres are irrelevant mainly since in all honesty it's simply a point farm for pyres. Make it kill based and lean more towards influencing PvP battle (Bams offer a chance to boost the losing side if they're quick enough).

Multiple queues are a great idea........buuut there is something you must do to boost the chances of a fairer setting. Remove the ability to make pre mades. In every battleground. True it isn't full proof and people can "sync" queue for better chances. But premades cause grief. Don't get me wrong it's great to play with friends......but when you go up against the same premade that dwarfs your team it really makes you think "Why bother at all?"

Rewards:

1) Have weekends where Diamonds are implemented into your power hours. High reward true. But I've seen CS matches in the past go on for 30 minutes because both sides wanted that sweet 10K (I've said weekends for better viability since most people work during the week. It gives a chance for all to get involved).

2) Power hours.......a great idea and boosts your Bellicarium Credits / Killing Spree Credits. Keep these ongoing but flip between battlegrounds every 4 or so hours. It will rotate where the players will go too. Everyone gets to play and everyone gets a battleground they all enjoy. The times 3 / 5 boosts also had people fighting for hours on end to win the jackpots.

My last piece to add. It would be nice if we had something like the crusades......a leaderboard to truly show off where you stand on the competitive scene. But it should be more rewarding for a win......i.e. +60 pts if you win. - 10 if you lose. In the past you lost more the higher up you were. Losing made you feel like it wasn't worth continuing especially if you had consecutive losses. Lean more towards an idea that keeps you competing for the top.

That's all I've got for you at the moment. If you @Spacecats or any of the team wish to discuss this in greater depth my inbox as previously stated in the older forum page. Is always open.
  • FelhammerFelhammer ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Reeepi wrote: »
    Off the top of my head:

GRID
    1- Same as CS, eq gear needs to go

• ^ I disagree.....CS eq gear kept people in the game. You make it geared and it means completely overhauling the battleground. Or would you prefer it that gates get 100-0'd in under a minute?
  • As for healers. They need their own point system. Encourage them to play more by introducing a point system for every heal they hand out. 10 pts per player healed.....- 5 for every death. Idk just throwing out ideass.
  • Felhammer wrote: »
    ^ I disagree.....CS eq gear kept people in the game. You make it geared and it means completely overhauling the battleground. Or would you prefer it that gates get 100-0'd in under a minute?

agreed.no one in mid tier or lower gear would play pvp at all if it wasnt equalized. theres no reason to. no more skill just gear why bother playing when you stand no chance?
    edited September 2017
    Felhammer wrote: »
    As for healers. They need their own point system. Encourage them to play more by introducing a point system for every heal they hand out. 10 pts per player healed.....- 5 for every death. Idk just throwing out ideass.

I agree with this 100% .. Everything in this game caters to damage classes. Even Spacecats post on the proposed extra rewards for achieving tasks in a battleground mostly catered to dps classes. Out of his list I would have been able to maybe achieve 1-3 of the tasks as a healer. If they are going to change it where you gain more rewards by completing certain tasks they need to customize it so that every class has different tasks.
    edited September 2017
    Koikoi wrote: »
    @ToxicDemise
    The current population number of tera cannot handle every bg being a daily option. If people are not pushed to one (possibly 2) BG's you will have a hard time finding a game.

Right now there is only 1-2 concurrent matches on given jackpot days.

I queue with my girlfriend who is a healer. Even then we have a hard time finding a match unless its peak hours at night.

I agree that is the case now currently! What I am saying though is that this wasn't the case before they essentially killed PVP and scared off a good portion of the PVP player base. Some of which that have left game completely but a lot that drifted away from PVP and now play PVE mostly. They can't say "Hey! Let's keep it how it is and force players to play on a schedule everyday a different battleground that they have to play all day long". Obviously the PVP population hasn't grown and it hasn't really been appealing enough to drive players to PVP. Why is that? What gives at this point? We continue down the same path that it has been for the last few months? Or we make some changes?

The fact is in the past there was no problem allowing players to choose where they want to play and it can be this way again if they made some serious changes. Bluehole needs to get on the ball with giving us some new PVP content. Enmasse should start with giving us the freedom to choose where we want to play regardless of what the current PVP population is. They need to increase the rewards as that alone will drive players in. Remove tier 11 feedstock, health potions, and junk rewards from the Jackpot reward, and winning boxes. They need to make sure all battleground winning boxes reward 2 receipts and one material like Corsairs does. It doesn't make sense that one battleground offers this but the rest don't. Hell they should increase the losing reward to two receipts instead of one. Spacecats mentioned not bringing up rewards but he along with every other GM needs to realize that loot/rewards is what drives the player base to do anything in this game from PVE, PVP, Events, etc.. If this is what it takes to bring in players then WHY is this not being done? What does Enmasse have to lose with giving better rewards? It's not like you can go and buy VM mats off the Tera store. If you're cheap on rewarding players appropriately for the time they spend what you get in the end is unsatisfied players not willing to waste their time and show up. I know it's a huge let down when you receive 1 health potion from a winning box?!? for 20-25 minutes the reward is a 55 gold health potion. I would much rather have BC/KS credits again if this is what we will be getting from a winning reward box.