[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Ideas for improving existing BGs

Comments

• i think power hour improve too, i think about oblit essences in phour jackpots
  • A bit of a far fetched suggestion but make CU solely for BAMS and Gold (No ranking) and Re implementation of the crusade system for guild ranking as it will compliment the power hour battlegrounds system quite nicely
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    jrtseven wrote: »
    snipe.

I agree with everything you said here, EXCEPT bringing back leader boards.

Leaderboards in this small of a community is nothing short of pure toxicity. DO NOT separate the majority of the population which is... casual players from the rest. It will lead to a VERY negative vibe in TERA.

Another game which will stay unnamed, brought in leaderboards... it destroyed my friends list and clan. Completely divided an entire group and a good majority of the community. The casual players get blamed for losses and kicked from games before they even begin.

There are many concerns within the battlegrounds itself in tera which would make leaderboards very exploitable as is:
    - match making where you get teams that are completely unbalanced class wise.
    - premades vs solo q players not even close to each others individual skill ranking.

We have a leaderboard at the end of each game. An overall leaderboard with the current population number and mindset of the players would make the silent majority of players who are casuals feel even more alienated and have even less motivation to queue for it.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats I don't know the point, I mean it's obvious you guys (well, whoever is in charge, probably someone at BHS) are biased and probably don't care what people post since you guys have your mind set on what to do already anyway and these "feedback" threads get ignored. On the off chance someone actually does agree with a thing or two you already planned to do, you'll point and say "see? we listen to feedback!!!". But I won't speak about rewards, since you said it's not the topic for it (though it would be a great analogy).

For example, any particular reason that "unequalized FWC" is mentioned in your post as a thing, but "equalizing Team 3s" is not when you have threads like these around:

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/15800/equalise-team-3s
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/16523/tera-as-an-e-sport-revive-pvp

Oh it probably doesn't fit the (short-sighted) agenda of the big boss so you don't even acknowledge such feedback, much less even try to push it.

But I know you'll say, well, some people dislike the equalized gear's stats and they want to choose their own stats, that's why such feedback is not considered. I can understand that, so how about doing it like GW2 or @Shinkouryuu said? Here I'll quote the relevant part of his post:
    In my opinion the best thing you can do to bring back Battlegrounds is to provide every player with a "Temporary Set" that they can customize and use ONLY in Battlegrounds.

Example: Every single player can access to this "Temporary Set" window from their own character profile, lets say all the set will be Ambush +15, they can choose their own rolls on the gear, put an Etching Tier 4 from their choice, choose the desired Dyad Niveots on their gear (At no cost) Plus the other stuff as the Jewelry, innerwear, circlet and brooch.
    They can save this as a "Preset" and it will be avaialble to use on Battlegrounds ONLY, this way everyone and i mean everyone will be able to play Battlegrounds since they will be on the exact same level as everyone else (Gear wise) now all that is left is Skill and Class balance (that you can't address)

Most people would love this change since it will mean that you don't have to grind at all in order to actually enjoy that part of the game, you just go online and straight to Battlegrounds.
    So what excuse do you have now for not even acknowledging such feedback?

Look man. If you were truly honest about real player feedback you'd take sensible feedback; this isn't a wild idea, it's a proven idea done in many very popular PvP games. I don't know what else do you (BHS?) actually want then? Do you want active PvP or what? (at least for Skyring)

Look at GW2, much more successful in PvP than TERA will ever be because of that one thing, even though its combat is worse for most people. It even has legit esports. BnS, likewise, and so are other PvP games like Overwatch. Now even World of Warcraft. I mean seriously? This sort of thing is the first step, second would be to care about PvP and foster a real community. Tell your bosses to stop being so damn stubborn.

It doesn't matter since it will fall on deaf ears; it's not even acknowledged. Because at the end of the day they don't care of feedback or active PvP or whatever other things are said for good publicity, just fast milking players until there's no one in queue. Short-sighted plan.

And it won't be acknowledged, I guarantee it, but do prove me wrong.

There's literally no excuse anymore with what Shinkouryuu suggested.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Watch the only change they add is buffing CS bombs and adding random FUN BAM events in FWC to SPICE IT UP
  • Put a new interface for fwc and CS battlegrounds when clicking the battleground matching and removed the estimated time.

if my understanding on how the matchmaking system works is correct. this is basically the same but we can see how long we need to wait and we can invite people to join in.

fx7c08.png

The names are hidden, only the class and server are visible.
    ignore the class balancing,this image is just an example, I just matched the premades and the number of healers.

If you have a 5 man party and the 1st matchmaking has already 38 players, your team will be put on another matchmaking. im sure thats the same as what we have now.

• RapunzzelRapunzzel ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    > @Spacecats said:
    > Eclipse555 wrote: »
    >
    > Implement a post-game honor system for players with great attitudes.
    > - Not sure what this would accomplish
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It was a suggestion made to combat nasty behavior in BGs. There are a lot of toxic players that flame people every time they lose, and a lot of the time it goes unreported to customer support. Some kind of positive reinforcement could help the situation.

Lol; do you know there are open world pvp out from BGs, Hate, salt and drama too???

For example; there are players like me who are famous for being PKs, being evil and such.
    This system will just punish my kind of people, people will abuse and not let us play.
    My Gf and I sometimes just get kicked from bgs just because people dont like us, or we have killed them in open world pvp.

I think instead of just punish players who are like me or the other kind of players who are toxic af in the bgs. You should give a guide or someting that teach every newbie what to do in every bg.
    People get mad when they see their team being dumb and mindless cuz they tell then what to do but they dont understand.

Also; removing the rng boxes would be great.... ita so damn sad, to play for 15 / 20 minutea to win a rejuvenation potion even much worse 4x feedstock.

Upgrade the equalized gear or, maybe give all the players a conflate set or alike :)
    We dont need VMs in Bgs, But an average good gear so we can pvp.
    Conflate was the most balanced set for pvp. Just use the same but change the name idk.
    Obvisly you will not be able to chose your rolls cuz it will tale longers than ever. So how about some Avg rolls like, flat dmg, behind dmg, atack speed, skill cd. These ones are a must!!!!
    Also for chest dmg flat defense, frontal dmg defense, pvp roll defense, konckdown dmg defense, hp 8%.
    No top skill line obviusly lmao.
    Also obviusly jewelry need stun reduction, and crit resist for earrings.
    Rings crit, power and endurance.
    Neclakce can be a mix.
    There are classes that stun you and you are just dead cuz long stuns.
    Or classes that takes advantage of the massuve amount of crit factor, such as reapers, archers and sorcs.
    While gunners and brawlers just are being weak cuz of that.

Also the idea of Que for multyple BGs sounds great!!!

I know you guys give power hours; or power days, but how about to give rewards in all BGs, so people sont get bored of just playing one bg all day, and while the others are dead.

Also would be nice to get VMs materials.
    Its just unfair that PVPrs HAVE to run DGs in order to get VM mats.
    I mean i hate DGs, it makes me so anxious and I bet so many players out there suffera the same.

Cheers my bois :)
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Remove the stupid HP potion, 5 tier 12 fs, and 3 omin ore from victory box and replace them with better rewards pls.

its not reward, its punishment. it discourages players to play and enjoy BG.

Better rewards = motivation, its just simple as that.

I appreciate your post but this isn't about motivating people to play BGs because of better rewards. The goal here is to get ideas from players who play a lot of BGs and collect ideas on how to improve the experience.

Aren't the rewards part of the experience though. It feels pretty bad pulling off a close fwc game to get 1 ominous ore.

As other feedback...

They are, I just want to keep the discussion focused on how BGs play and how they've changed (or could be changed) over time. Rewards are honestly a bit of an afterthought unless you're talking about changing how they're distributed during the course of a match.

Just to throw out a couple crazy ideas...

What if CS gave slightly larger rewards to players who completed small objectives during a match like:
    • Got the most kills.
    • Got the most assists.
    • Did the most damage to a gate.
    • Did the most damage to the anchorstone.
    • Capped an enemy-controlled pyre.
    • Was in a ship with 3 other people.
    • Killed three people with a siege weapon.
    • Guarded a ladder for more then three minutes.

Let alone for the "most assists", what if I queue as healer? I probably can't complete most of those tasks.
    You could make the objectives a little more class-specific, since Tera is one of the few games where healers' dps isn't relevant at all.
    Different objectives depending on the class would be cool, and okay, in Tera that hasn't been implemented in solo pve (IoD, ACE, Arena... I main priest, like... you know xD) why should they implement it in pvp? But uh, pve implementation would require a whole lot of work, pvp rewards like those you suggested, not much, just some script added there and there I guess? It's doable, but make it class-specific.

And you're right overall, we should focus on mechanic and not just rewards, but from my pov, rewards distribution and "rewardiness" is a mechanic too - bellicarium/killingspree credit system was way better than this current victory box thing, you just had to add more stuff to the shop and with more reasonable prices, stuff that is actually useful and not pages and pages of low lvl gears that any1 can get from a 5 mins dungeon at low lvl.
    Back then you could win a match in FWC and get like, what, 7k bc? Can't exactly remember. And that felt a lot rewarding, in particular in power hrs when the credits were 2x - you could buy a bonanza box with those, and that made PvP the most rewarding source of materials after IoD.
    Like, even Kumas Royale, despite how ugly that bg is x) felt rewarding, bc you got full 6k credits only for getting over 100k dmg to the mama, and that encouraged players to actually queue and attack the enemy boss instead of just slacking off.

It's not asking for "better loot", or alas not just that, given that that is a problem too.
    It's about how much you feel encouraged to actually queue the selected bg/bgs and "get good" at it instead of just sitting there pretending to watch ladders while afk. Kay, people complained about bc/ks prices of items being too high. That's true too, but that wasn't a problem of price, more of a problem of the items you put there. Like, back from last patch, you had a handkerchief for 100kish bc credits, right? Maybe a bit more.
    You can't really put em at 10k since that thing dropped only from top tier dungeon in game, if you did so, the reward proportion between pve/pvp would've been ruined to advantage pvp too much. But what if you did put Lachelith Treasure Chest too in the shop for, let's say, the price of a bonanza box if not something more, and so add another rng element to balance? Right, most of the players say they don't like rng, but with Treasure Chests in the bellicarium/ks shop I guess they wouldn't have complained - it's way different from a victory box you have a high chance of getting nothing from, bc in the case you decided of spending your creds buying chests, you had the freedom of doing it on your own will, like with bonanza boxes. You can either get 100 t10, currently useless, or 25 SES o_o
    That way, ppl could still decide if keep on farming and get the mat they need for 100k, or bet their like and buy a box for 10-20kish credits.

Like, Idk if I could explain efficiently what I wanted to say - not a matter of how much or how expensive, but of what and why xD
    I liked the bc/ks reward system more, you just needed to fix the items in the shop a bit.
  • StarbuzzStarbuzz ✭✭✭
    Shinkouryuu wrote exactly what a perfect world PvP experience would be in terms of gearing.

My suggestion is for EME to host a twitch stream highlighting these BGs and do a tutorial. It's something @Spacecats can easily do without asking BHS for confirmation etc. Ask the community to help setting it up even. I'm sure many will volunteer and thanks for acknowledging PvP.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    Mistruss wrote: »
    Class balance in Battle Grounds has always been a larger issue, but it has become even more evident with the introduction of Valkyrie.

They're currently the most mobile, have the most crowd control, deal the most damage, and have the most survivable for a DPS class. What makes it all the more upsetting is that they're the easiest class to PvP with.

Just saying .. valk is neither the most mobile dps class nor do they have the best survivability , its just that their damage is strong enough to kill people in one combo which makes them look OP.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    Palomina wrote: »
    Class balance in Battle Grounds has always been a larger issue, but it has become even more evident with the introduction of Valkyrie.

They're currently the most mobile, have the most crowd control, deal the most damage, and have the most survivable for a DPS class. What makes it all the more upsetting is that they're the easiest class to PvP with.

Just saying .. valk is neither the most mobile dps class nor do they have the best survivability , its just that their damage is strong enough to kill people in one combo which makes them look OP.

??
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Bring back battleground credits.
  • off topic to BGs but Make a tournament for PvP every month with top 3 prizes worthy prizes. Top 3 will get laurel(Champion, Diamond and Gold) themed mask or back slot or something like trophy so they can brag about it LOL. 1 tourney each for Asia, NA, Oceania, EU etc.(Example only) with their respective time slot, then 1 tourney for all. its better than BG. make the community better and enjoyable.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    xoBarb wrote: »
    Palomina wrote: »

??

Valk has 2 iframes while warrior and ninja have 4-5 iframes.

For mobility, warriors have rising fury/charge/3 dodges/leaping strike/combative strike, slayers have charge/2 dodges/leaping strike/dash/HT/kick, valks have charge/2 dodges/windslash/spinning death.

So, how is valk the class with the most surviability and most mobility?