[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Ideas for improving existing BGs

Comments

• CS
    - I would suggest REDUCING gate HP/Defense. The recent buffs make gates take way too long now. Games can take up to 20-25 minutes if both teams burn gates which is a bit too long compared to the other battlegrounds.

- Not sure how this could be done, but make it so players can't use third party tools to teleport through gates. I've lost too many games due to this and something needs to be done about it.

FWC
    - Make pyres more important obviously. Currently, if a team is lacking in PvP skill they don't have many options for winning aside from Naga, so they just give up after that.

- Make the BAMs do more damage/have more mechanics. Currently its just a DPS race between the two teams, the BAMs don't actually do much themselves during the fight beside knockdown a few people. Giving BAMs the potential to actually kill people would make things pretty interesting.

- Instead of having the SAME two BAMs every game, make it choose random BAMs from the wide variety of monsters Tera has.

Grid
    - Bring the old crystals back like invisibility/HP regen, etc.

- Bombs are a great and fun mechanic. Just Make the bomb effects on a player load better or add a better signal. Too many times I get bombed by a gray blob that hasn't loaded yet which I could have dodged if they were loaded. Sometimes the player model loads but the orange bomb circle doesn't. This needs to be improved.

In General
    - Make EVERY VM mat available through jackpots. The july jackpots did not include banners so I have been needing to run VH to get my banners while I have everything else in excess. This is time I would much rather spend doing PvP. Please make every VM material available through jackpots and increase their rates. I think everyone can agree on this point.
  • Offline players in BGs should be autokicked once certain time has passed and reque automatically. They allways ruin some matches.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought offline players already get autokicked?
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do, they get kicked after being offline for about 2-3 minutes or so.
  • how about removing nocts effects so we can have more fps, and removing valkyries? that seems like a great idea tbh
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    They do, they get kicked after being offline for about 2-3 minutes or so.

I think the kick is auto-accepted but it won't get auto-kicked if no one does the voting. Happens a lot in Iron and Kumas that a player stays offline the entire match and only at the very last minutes gets kicked out. Or it's automatic but certainly more than 2 or 3 minutes
  • Bring back unequalized FWC; I do not like the idea! Players with PVE sets that are more likely to win in a PVP, is ridiculous. They created set to kill monsters, so they will kill monsters. Or better the system to get a set PVP, which will have strength against sets PVE +15. But creating a PVP set just to play FWC is even stranger. I say it again; bad idea.
  • MountMount
    edited July 2017
    i just have one think for make people want play the BG

make a triumph keybadge to untradeble
    cause some people didnt want get into BG when them can buy all of materials

decrese matrials acc triumph from 10 to 5
    make a triumph keybadge untradeble
    it gonna make people try hard on BG
    or them gonna pay more for buy complete acc

sorry my english not too good

• Leaderboards. Leaderboards. Leaderboards.

I'm against unequalized fwc. When I play Tera, all I do are BGs. That is it. I don't gear or anything. And I know there are others like that as well. Anyways, people talk about pve crystal players coming in and ruining the game of fwc... But honestly, I qued into fwc maybe 5 times during an unequalized period and had someone searching for people in uneq. gear EVERY stinking time. I hate it. I hate it because I can still manage to get 9 kills in uneq. gear, as I did, and still get shiz and kick threatenings in the next game. Which is why I ended up only played fwc like 5 times until I just flat out stopped. Keep it equalized.

CS doesn't need any more buffed anything. At all. Players who start out on defense already have an advantage to those who start out on offense, assuming the defenders have a responsible leader.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    I appreciate your post but this isn't about motivating people to play BGs because of better rewards. The goal here is to get ideas from players who play a lot of BGs and collect ideas on how to improve the experience.

There's something where everyone asking about rewards is coming from though. I used to play a lot of these bgs, FWC, CS and old Kumas. When the credit system was still in place, even when at times requiring multiple runs, there was at least something useful for one of my characters in the stores. When additional rewards came at random, they didn't seem to encourage the kind of mentality that now makes people queue only for the ones that are enjoying Jackpot at the given day.

Personally my experience would greatly be improved if I could get into these instances. When it takes even a healer for an hour in CS queue on Jackpot day, during weekend, US evening, there's got to be more wrong with it than just people being bored of the experience they give. Especially when the game in its current state is pretty repetitive on all aspects yet somehow looking at masses in certain spots, other activities continue to seem appealing and worth doing. The current rewards for running bg's, especially with the huge given RNG factor of getting paired with just-bad players in co-op ones, simply aren't worth it when you match them against group instas, solo ones or even plain vg BAMs and compare effort:time:profit. Whether anyone wants or not, this discourages people from even trying them.

As for mechanics, I do think RNG changes in certain things like the ship routes someone suggested could make them more interesting, but could risk rendering them useless due to being unreliable in reaching a desired goal. While on CS, I'd also say that revert the second round time limit to how it was before - the new one just makes no sense, favors first attacker and makes not attacking if you're the first draw at it a technique to win. Make tanks and bombs matter again, make the community believe that backcritting a gate is a thing again, and just maybe slightly reduce the amount of kd skills there are available. I get that it's a great mechanic, but when some skills have 100% or almost 100% kd proc, hit multiple targets and there's so many of them, it quickly becomes an annoyance for everyone instead of the kind of advantage that one should think before using.

Secondly, since population is seemingly shrinking, I'd reopen all equalized battlegrounds to all eligible levels given that something can be done about equalizing also crystals. When the game's already streamlined to the point you reach 65 in under a week with no skill, it's wishful thinking to set level req of 65 and hope it means your team is skilled and knows how to play their class. Then there's class balancing, but from KT patch notes it seems like those are already somewhat on the way PvP-centrically.

Lastly I think what people could want is more options for bgs where your own gear actually matters. In the past it was quite dulling to go for PvP gear on PvE servers where opportunities were sparse as they are, and then have some of those PvP opportunities be the kind that force you to not even use the gear you have. It's essentially the same even when gear works in both environments now.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Spacecats said:
    > CuteElinCat wrote: »
    >
    > Remove the stupid HP potion, 5 tier 12 fs, and 3 omin ore from victory box and replace them with better rewards pls.
    >
    > its not reward, its punishment. it discourages players to play and enjoy BG.
    >
    > Better rewards = motivation, its just simple as that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I appreciate your post but this isn't about motivating people to play BGs because of better rewards. The goal here is to get ideas from players who play a lot of BGs and collect ideas on how to improve the experience.

And people don't get a good "experience" by opening a hard earned victory chest and getting a hp pot or 3 feedstock.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    > Spacecats said:
    > CuteElinCat wrote: »
    >
    > Remove the stupid HP potion, 5 tier 12 fs, and 3 omin ore from victory box and replace them with better rewards pls.
    >
    > its not reward, its punishment. it discourages players to play and enjoy BG.
    >
    > Better rewards = motivation, its just simple as that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I appreciate your post but this isn't about motivating people to play BGs because of better rewards. The goal here is to get ideas from players who play a lot of BGs and collect ideas on how to improve the experience.

And people don't get a good "experience" by opening a hard earned victory chest and getting a hp pot or 3 feedstock.

Sure Bonanza was also RNG, but on top of being something you did chose with your win credits, it also had better rewards.
    At 1st the whole victory chest thing looked like a simplified reward system that would eliminate the problem of badly rewarded tasks like CS ladder warriors, but when everyone got the same tier of crippled rewards instead... there's just no way of avoiding talking about rewards in a BG improvement thread
  • JdogJdog ✭✭
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    I know tons of people who would return if FW wasn't equalized.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jdog wrote: »
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.

The last part of your post contradicts your whole post.

If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »

The last part of your post contradicts your whole post.

If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.

False, the "EQ" gear they shove down our throats favors certain classes over others (and don't even get me started on how horrible EQ gear is for tanks/healers). This has been talked to death in the forums, I don't need to expand it.