[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Ideas for improving existing BGs

1679111225

Comments

  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    I know tons of people who would return if FW wasn't equalized.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.

    The last part of your post contradicts your whole post.

    If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.

    False, the "EQ" gear they shove down our throats favors certain classes over others (and don't even get me started on how horrible EQ gear is for tanks/healers). This has been talked to death in the forums, I don't need to expand it.

    Unequalized gear favors other class also but the main diference is that unequalized gear favors PvE players more than pvpers.
  • FaytEsteemFaytEsteem ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Koikoi wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    I know tons of people who would return if FW wasn't equalized.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.

    The last part of your post contradicts your whole post.

    If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.

    False, the "EQ" gear they shove down our throats favors certain classes over others (and don't even get me started on how horrible EQ gear is for tanks/healers). This has been talked to death in the forums, I don't need to expand it.

    Unequalized gear favors other class also but the main diference is that unequalized gear favors PvE players more than pvpers.

    If you're talking about pvp bg's then unequalized gear would favor PvP players more than PvE players.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @ElinLove said:
    > LancerJiva wrote: »
    >
    > > Spacecats said:
    > > CuteElinCat wrote: »
    > >
    > > Remove the stupid HP potion, 5 tier 12 fs, and 3 omin ore from victory box and replace them with better rewards pls.
    > >
    > > its not reward, its punishment. it discourages players to play and enjoy BG.
    > >
    > > Better rewards = motivation, its just simple as that.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I appreciate your post but this isn't about motivating people to play BGs because of better rewards. The goal here is to get ideas from players who play a lot of BGs and collect ideas on how to improve the experience.
    >
    > And people don't get a good "experience" by opening a hard earned victory chest and getting a hp pot or 3 feedstock.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sure Bonanza was also RNG, but on top of being something you did chose with your win credits, it also had better rewards.
    > At 1st the whole victory chest thing looked like a simplified reward system that would eliminate the problem of badly rewarded tasks like CS ladder warriors, but when everyone got the same tier of crippled rewards instead... there's just no way of avoiding talking about rewards in a BG improvement thread

    Hell bonanza boxes have better rewards then victory boxes atm because when you open them you don't get one or 3 of an item, and they do relate to improving bugs because they are the rewards you get.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Koikoi wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    I know tons of people who would return if FW wasn't equalized.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.

    The last part of your post contradicts your whole post.

    If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.

    False, the "EQ" gear they shove down our throats favors certain classes over others (and don't even get me started on how horrible EQ gear is for tanks/healers). This has been talked to death in the forums, I don't need to expand it.

    Unequalized gear favors other class also but the main diference is that unequalized gear favors PvE players more than pvpers.

    The class imbal gap with uneq gear is a fraction of what it is with eq gear.

    UNEQ gear gives healers a chance to play the game and not get BTFO'd by broken EQ classes especially valks
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    xoBarb wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Koikoi wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    I know tons of people who would return if FW wasn't equalized.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.

    The last part of your post contradicts your whole post.

    If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.

    False, the "EQ" gear they shove down our throats favors certain classes over others (and don't even get me started on how horrible EQ gear is for tanks/healers). This has been talked to death in the forums, I don't need to expand it.

    Unequalized gear favors other class also but the main diference is that unequalized gear favors PvE players more than pvpers.

    The class imbal gap with uneq gear is a fraction of what it is with eq gear.

    UNEQ gear gives healers a chance to play the game and not get BTFO'd by broken EQ classes especially valks

    A healer is not suposed to be inmorthal and if there is no coordination in the group then is obvious that players will get nuked, even tanks.

    BGs are not a 1v1 showndown skill but a tactical contest were does who really knows what to do and how to do it are goind to win, adding uneq gear to that bring advantage to those who do more PvE content than those who only wants to do PvP content.

    There is not a single reason to make uneq battle arena when skills is the thing that will rule over that scenario.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    FaytEsteem wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Koikoi wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    I know tons of people who would return if FW wasn't equalized.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.

    The last part of your post contradicts your whole post.

    If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.

    False, the "EQ" gear they shove down our throats favors certain classes over others (and don't even get me started on how horrible EQ gear is for tanks/healers). This has been talked to death in the forums, I don't need to expand it.

    Unequalized gear favors other class also but the main diference is that unequalized gear favors PvE players more than pvpers.

    If you're talking about pvp bg's then unequalized gear would favor PvP players more than PvE players.

    Did you know that there are pvpers that dont want to grind or do PvE content to grind gear?

    There are many people that are looking for a PvP balanced scenario that uneq gear wont bring, rather it destroy balance in that becuase you have to grind to have the best gear and rise your chances to success, instead eq gear will make you and the other contenders the same and then only the more skilled players will win (if not cheating of course).
  • JdogJdog ✭✭




    There are many people that are looking for a PvP balanced scenario that uneq gear wont bring, rather it destroy balance in that becuase you have to grind to have the best gear and rise your chances to success, instead eq gear will make you and the other contenders the same and then only the more skilled players will win (if not cheating of course).[/quote]

    But EQ doesn't make us all the same, and destroys any point for gearing up if you are a PVP player, Ultimately making people not log in.
    Honestly I felt it was way more balanced when it wasn't EQ, Yeah there were fodders that got blown up but it's still the same in EQ.
    Either way the more skilled team wins in the end, But then again there is nothing we can tell you.
    I'm guessing you are a PvE player who has decided to comment on PvP things.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Jdog wrote: »

    But EQ doesn't make us all the same, and destroys any point for gearing up if you are a PVP player, Ultimately making people not log in.
    Honestly I felt it was way more balanced when it wasn't EQ, Yeah there were fodders that got blown up but it's still the same in EQ.
    Either way the more skilled team wins in the end, But then again there is nothing we can tell you.
    I'm guessing you are a PvE player who has decided to comment on PvP things.

    A player that has played many PvP games and I already know that uneq is something that brings more inbalance becuase there will be healers with diferent base stats on gear when uneq gear is at BGs, also that aplies for tanks and dps.

    And that not only aplies for the weapon, armor, boots, gloves and belt but also for rings, earring, necklace, etchings, circlets. And further when the new gear progression hits NA servers uneq battlegrounds are going to be even more inbalanced.

    EQ gear brings more balance becuase you will see every lancer with the same base stats in the gear, all the dps with the same base stats in the gear, all healers with the same base stats in the gear, that is what balance means and that is the way for the better skilled players and most coordinated team to win rather to add more advantages for those who do more PvE content than those who only do BGs without bothering to grind to progress in gear tier and lvl.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    xoBarb wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Koikoi wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Jdog wrote: »
    If FW wasn't EQ people would actually have a real reason for pvp gear, I would actually return to the game.
    I know tons of people who would return if FW wasn't equalized.
    There would actually be a reason to gear up and swipe = EME would make more money by this.
    = Win Win, Just sayin. Lot's of people played this game for the pvp, and didn't really care about the pve, but now its just a pve game as it stands.

    The last part of your post contradicts your whole post.

    If lots of people played this game for the pvp then equalized battlegrounds would be most welcome, that is if they are really pvper that does not want to do pve things.

    False, the "EQ" gear they shove down our throats favors certain classes over others (and don't even get me started on how horrible EQ gear is for tanks/healers). This has been talked to death in the forums, I don't need to expand it.

    Unequalized gear favors other class also but the main diference is that unequalized gear favors PvE players more than pvpers.

    The class imbal gap with uneq gear is a fraction of what it is with eq gear.

    UNEQ gear gives healers a chance to play the game and not get BTFO'd by broken EQ classes especially valks

    A healer is not suposed to be inmorthal and if there is no coordination in the group then is obvious that players will get nuked, even tanks.

    BGs are not a 1v1 showndown skill but a tactical contest were does who really knows what to do and how to do it are goind to win, adding uneq gear to that bring advantage to those who do more PvE content than those who only wants to do PvP content.

    There is not a single reason to make uneq battle arena when skills is the thing that will rule over that scenario.

    I never implied healers are immortal in UNEQ gear, UNEQ gear actually requires coordination and some-sort of thought process in the pvp (the tactical contest you're talking about) UNEQ gear isn't tactical at all infact almost every game of EQ 3s / FWC can be determined before the game starts because of insane dps imbalance in retrospect to how awful healers compare to all the new classes.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

    EQ gear brings more balance becuase you will see every lancer with the same base stats in the gear, all the dps with the same base stats in the gear, all healers with the same base stats in the gear, that is what balance means and that is the way for the better skilled players and most coordinated team to win rather to add more advantages for those who do more PvE content than those who only do BGs without bothering to grind to progress in gear tier and lvl.

    You're trolling
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    • Balance the classes and stop adding stupidly OP classes to the game
    • Optimize the game so the average person can get 45-60 FPS
    • EME fix the server issues that have plagued this game for years
    • Stop adding stupidly OP classes to the game
    • Make running BGs outside of powerhour a viable gearing solution
    • Add multiple BG queuing
    • Leaderboards should be brought back
    • Either add stun reduction to the equalized gear and add some attack speed or allow customizeable stats on equalized gear in the player profile, or remove equalized and bring the gear back in terms of power like it was before +15 was a thing. The fraywind - Conjunct - VM1/bloodrave power gap was perfect
    • Make another Bloodrave set that could be acquired that is on par with the top gear out, can only be bought with a rating of 1500 or so in FWC or 3s.
    • Stop adding ridiculously OP classes to the game
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

    A player that has played many PvP games and I already know that uneq is something that brings more inbalance becuase there will be healers with diferent base stats on gear when uneq gear is at BGs, also that aplies for tanks and dps.

    And that not only aplies for the weapon, armor, boots, gloves and belt but also for rings, earring, necklace, etchings, circlets. And further when the new gear progression hits NA servers uneq battlegrounds are going to be even more inbalanced.

    EQ gear brings more balance becuase you will see every lancer with the same base stats in the gear, all the dps with the same base stats in the gear, all healers with the same base stats in the gear, that is what balance means and that is the way for the better skilled players and most coordinated team to win rather to add more advantages for those who do more PvE content than those who only do BGs without bothering to grind to progress in gear tier and lvl.

    You are wrong. Equalized gear doesn't bring balance at all. If equalized gear allowed for some customization on how stats were allocated it might. But some classes perform a lot better than others with the way stating is in equalized gear because they don't inherently need certain stats to pull of combos. So while one lancer will be balanced against another lancer, that doesn't mean that lancer is perfectly balanced because of equalized gear. Most of the time its unbalanced because now classes have to sit in Giga for full duration allowing for massive combo potential on large groups. It also means that a Brawlers Ground Pound isnt a guaranteed thing because the last hit doesnt have the proper attack speed it needs to land where as with proper gear they could land it. Same thing with Sorcerer. With proper attack speed they can land their combo's comfortably, with the equalized gear it isn't as fluid, same thing with CDR. Sorcerers stack CDR for warp barrier, especially now that the CD was increased dramatically. Some classes get shafted hard by the equalized gear and others it doesnt hit as hard. Where as with unequalized gear those classes can reach whatever stat threshold they need to perform optimally.

    Equalized gear is like PvPing with training wheels on because you aren't fighting against classes when they perform at their peak.

    Not having stun reduction on earrings is really all that needs to be said about equalized BGs.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vunak wrote: »
    Equalized gear is like PvPing with training wheels on because you aren't fighting against classes when they perform at their peak.

    With uneq gear you wont be at your peak until you get the best weapon with the best etchings and the same with the armor and boots and gloves also the best belt, the best rings, the best earrings the best brooch, the best circlet, the best inners...

    Did you see how much inbalance does uneq gear bring to the BGs?
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Vunak wrote: »
    Equalized gear is like PvPing with training wheels on because you aren't fighting against classes when they perform at their peak.

    With uneq gear you wont be at your peak until you get the best weapon with the best etchings and the same with the armor and boots and gloves also the best belt, the best rings, the best earrings the best brooch, the best circlet, the best inners...

    Did you see how much inbalance does uneq gear bring to the BGs?

    There is definitely an argument to be had about how bad gear has become now, especially with how much +15 and things have influenced it. But there is a big difference between min-maxing and being viable and/or performing at peak within a percent with unequalized gear. You don't NEED to have BiS everything with unequalized gear to perform at very close to peak. Some things you do for sure. But others you don't.

    Equalized and unequalized both have advantages and disadvantages. It's just I and many others, as can be seen by how dead PvP actually is outside of Power Hours, that equalized gear brings more disadvantages than it brings advantages.

    The big difference between equalized and unequalized is that with unequalized you can eventually build past and reach the peak performance of your class by working at gearing your character. With equalized gear you are stuck with it and if your class gets shafted by equalized gear you are SoL.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vunak

    Then why not ask for an equalizad gear that can be customized (rerollable stats) outside the BG so when you join you had your EQ gear with the set you need to perform at optimal level?

    What I am arguing and it seems many people don't get is about diference in base stats when you are uneq that in many cases if you are in mid tier gear you will be against other people (or matched with) that their gear gives them more than 18% better base stats plus 2 extra lines on weapon+armor. In a PvP battleground that kind of diference in stats is quite the advantage for any skilled player.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @Vunak

    Then why not ask for an equalizad gear that can be customized (rerollable stats) outside the BG so when you join you had your EQ gear with the set you need to perform at optimal level?

    What I am arguing and it seems many people don't get is about diference in base stats when you are uneq that in many cases if you are in mid tier gear you will be against other people (or matched with) that their gear gives them more than 18% better base stats plus 2 extra lines on weapon+armor. In a PvP battleground that kind of diference in stats is quite the advantage for any skilled player.

    Actually a better answer is to let NA actually design the EQ gear. No rerollables, no need for customisation, just the proper rolls all classes should have to perform optimally. Then you don't need a complaint about EQ vs Un-EQ.

    The idea is simple, PvPers don't want to essentially "farm dungeons just to get gear". Most PvPers wouldn't even mind if the EQ gear is properly handled, which isn't. The reason why people are wanting UnEQ is because BHS is too dumb in their PvP design sense. Like seriously. A healer shouldn't be two shotted by a FotM class without any effort (even in a coordinated party things like this happen in EQ scenario and this is what kills healer interest in the game).

    In short, PvP should be an activity anyone can take part, so it SHOULD reward PvE related items as well, even if you are a pure PvPer. The Box rewards are okay if not for the NA market to be so nice to players, and as such should just be modified (it is a box with a loot table, seriously that isn't that hard to recode).

    Then what about CU? CU is literally guild battle royale. If NA doesn't want to properly follow this simple concept and actually not abuse it, there is nothing else I can do lol.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Vunak wrote: »
    You are wrong. Equalized gear doesn't bring balance at all. If equalized gear allowed for some customization on how stats were allocated it might. But some classes perform a lot better than others with the way stating is in equalized gear because they don't inherently need certain stats to pull of combos. So while one lancer will be balanced against another lancer, that doesn't mean that lancer is perfectly balanced because of equalized gear. Most of the time its unbalanced because now classes have to sit in Giga for full duration allowing for massive combo potential on large groups. It also means that a Brawlers Ground Pound isnt a guaranteed thing because the last hit doesnt have the proper attack speed it needs to land where as with proper gear they could land it. Same thing with Sorcerer. With proper attack speed they can land their combo's comfortably, with the equalized gear it isn't as fluid, same thing with CDR. Sorcerers stack CDR for warp barrier, especially now that the CD was increased dramatically. Some classes get shafted hard by the equalized gear and others it doesnt hit as hard. Where as with unequalized gear those classes can reach whatever stat threshold they need to perform optimally.
    You seem to have this misconception that "normal gear" means how classes should be, when every stat you can "pick and choose" is by itself designed by BHS, just like how classes are. I don't see how that is much of an argument to be honest.

    For example, what you gave about CDR. CDR is the biggest source of imbalance in the game. Some people want an equalized Skyring precisely to get rid of CDR and not for any other reason. Just because you find CDR "balanced" or "how it should be" does not make it so. Remember, during VM1 CDR did not even exist as a stat (pick and choose doesn't matter since it's still designed by BHS) and the game was far more balanced. Ground Pound not being a guaranteed thing and then people (used to) whine brawlers were too OP. The irony. Ever thought it's normal gear stats that make the game imbalanced more than eq? Healers are too strong in uneq because they don't have to mix defensive with offensive stats since they can take everything for defense and CDR. In eq it's punishing and you actually need your team to survive just like how your team needs you (i.e. need peels), more unforgiving.

    Slayers are another example. People complain how bad they are, yet in eq gear they tend to do bursts enough to solo healers which makes them ok overall. "uneq gear is more balanced" yeah.
Sign In or Register to comment.