[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Is it worth returning ?

I used to be a slayer in Vot server, you probably all know who it is , i loved every one and im allways peaceful !!! anyways....is it worth coming back ? are the servers still in a mess ? ~OldRedSlayer

Comments

• PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    Only you can decide.
  • RathgarRathgar ✭✭✭
    I see what you did there!

At some point this year all the RNG cancer regarding gear rolls is gone. There has never been a better time to plan a return to Tera if you are not filthy rich and are semi casual in Tera.

Perhaps the next patch will have some Slayer class buffs too that we are in need of as well that Ktera saw in like March or April.
  • ahhh damn ;/
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    no because you dont return for fun, you return because us tell you this : you chooise huehue
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    howrang44 wrote: »
    I used to be a slayer in Vot server, you probably all know who it is , i loved every one and im allways peaceful !!! anyways....is it worth coming back ? are the servers still in a mess ? ~OldRedSlayer

well all the slayer are valkyrie, maybe wait some months to see if valkyrie back to slayer :3
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess its up to you if you want to return or not. you have to ask yourself why did you leave in the first place. without knowing that, we cant really give you an accurate answer. ive been here for about 5 years now, and I don't play everyday, and theres times I haven't been happy with the decisions that have been made, but I never quit. I still have fun in tera when I play.
    so my answer is going to be yes...it is worth it to return to tera...in my opinion. I feel like it is the best free to play mmorpg out there. you can use a game controller, the graphics are great, the areas and characters are beautiful, it isn't pay to win, it isn't linear, its open world, you get a free flying mount at level 65, every so often they let us earn or give us free stuff, the players aren't as toxic as before, and it is easy to play and understand the controls.
    I don't know what you are looking for in a mmorpg, but to me, these are really great reasons to join tera. so come back and decide for yourself.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    Pixelator wrote: »
    Only you can decide.

I see what you did there ;)
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭

I don't think its worth coming back right now. The game feels kind of dead (take note that I don't play during peak hours) and there is not a lot of content to the end game. You will also have hard time getting into vshm parties as a +12 rookie and there are not a lot of learning runs nowdays since most end game pve players are focusing on HH now.

Good news is that there is a big patch coming in next 4-6 months which will revamp the gearing system and revive crafting. Its supposed to make gearing faster and less rng. Hopefully it also brings back some life into the game. So, if you want you can come back then or start playing now and start hoarding stuff for the patch.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palomina wrote: »

I don't think its worth coming back right now. The game feels kind of dead (take note that I don't play during peak hours) and there is not a lot of content to the end game. You will also have hard time getting into vshm parties as a +12 rookie and there are not a lot of learning runs nowdays since most end game pve players are focusing on HH now.

Good news is that there is a big patch coming in next 4-6 months which will revamp the gearing system and revive crafting. Its supposed to make gearing faster and less rng. Hopefully it also brings back some life into the game. So, if you want you can come back then or start playing now and start hoarding stuff for the patch.

I wondered who killed the game? I am not really wondering actually.

On the OP, don't ask in the forums, VOT is merged, server gonna be FF, Fey Forest, not so bad, Slayer got some love recently, gonna see some more love on the way. Things are way easier as EME gave in in demands and killed PVE almost, but I say come back to the game if you missed it, I wanted to leave the game, but no F2P mmo or even game could match Tera's fun, so I am around.

If you didn't like the game, you can come to forums and blame it on me. ;)
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    To be honest I always find it funny when we say that "No, it's not worth returning/playing" to other when we desperately need new players to try and help move the game xD

I mean, we're not gonna lie and say TERA's doing fine and honesty matters a lot in these type of questions but we do need more players so if you're considering returning, give it a shot :)
  • Its just that im tired...these new classes exhausted me.. im a slayer main. seeing my damage is being [filtered] against a less geard valk just breaks whatever hope i have. some people may say then why not level one of the new classes, i did but they are just not fun,,,i loved slayer for the way it was back at 60s it was powerful and not to be underestimated....now ever since valk is out... i feel very left out and Greatly Overwhelmed...
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just that im tired...these new classes exhausted me.. im a slayer main. seeing my damage is being [filtered] against a less geard valk just breaks whatever hope i have. some people may say then why not level one of the new classes, i did but they are just not fun,,,i loved slayer for the way it was back at 60s it was powerful and not to be underestimated....now ever since valk is out... i feel very left out and Greatly Overwhelmed...

Well, Valk is the FotM class so they will do more dps than other classes.

In the other hand if you are really skilled with Slayer you can do as much damage or more than sorcerers, ninjas, gunners, berserks, reapers and only warriors and archers are above them.

However that changes in speed rungs were berserks jumps the list and get at the same ground as warrior and archers but Slayers drops with reapers and sorces, while ninjas and gunners are left behind in the bottom.

Also in HH the tier list changes a little, so if you want to get fun doing what you like to do stick with the class you like the most to play but if you look for a dps race then play the meta.

That's the only thing i can tell.
  • NaileenNaileen ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    As people said - it's really up to you.
    If you want my opinion - yes, it's still worth it to play TERA. I think that it's really the best game from all I know nowadays. I've tryed to abandon this game a lot of times (about 3 or 5) for last 2 years but still returning, not really sure why. This game really feels like home for me.
    Yes, maybe I don't like the last updates, especially coming gear enchanting system, but TERA still rocks with these battle system and beautifull world.
    About classes - you said that you are stressed with dmg and etc. Coming KTERA patch (not sure when it will be released, but anyway) will nerf valks. And in my opinion it's not all about gear or whatever related to class balance - if you know how to play and doing it good you won't feel like useless garbage in party. I know it by my own experience in this game (playing for 5 years already). Just don't give up.
    Of course, maybe I don't understand something related to DPS classes (my main is Priest, but I have a lot of DPS class characters and haven't ever heard someone complaining about my damage so far) but really - hands are really paramount in this game.
    (sorry for my bad English)
  • dont worth. Tera is dead!