[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Is it worth returning ?

2»

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only active guilds on my server (CH) seem to be guilds with some kind of niche going for them, like Harrowhold or roleplaying. Guilds formed for non-HH pve content, and especially pvp content, are much emptier than they used to be. I'll see people LFGing who are in guilds that used to be so big that they'd never have to touch LFG in the first place. Just being honest. Far as I know, your old server, Valley of Titan, was merged a long time ago and now it's either AV or Fey Forest, I don't remember. If your old name was particularly cool then it's probably gone as well, lost to name wipes. You can't server transfer at the moment either, so forget coming back, logging into your old character, and then shipping it off to a living server like MT.

All those disappointing truths aside, if you have friends who still play then it's worth it. But if you're just gonna come back and be by yourself then it's not worth it at all. LFG sucks. IMS sucks. You'll spend an eternity trying to gear up so you can PUG dungeons that take hours because nobody reads guides or skill descriptions when they build their class anymore. If your old guild/friends are there, do it. If not (and they're probably not; the developers have done their best to push people out as if it were an active effort), look elsewhere.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Did people ever read guides or skill descriptions?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    Did people ever read guides or skill descriptions?

a true cute elin learn ingame B)
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    > @voidy said:
    > The only active guilds on my server (CH) seem to be guilds with some kind of niche going for them, like Harrowhold or roleplaying. Guilds formed for non-HH pve content, and especially pvp content, are much emptier than they used to be. I'll see people LFGing who are in guilds that used to be so big that they'd never have to touch LFG in the first place. Just being honest. Far as I know, your old server, Valley of Titan, was merged a long time ago and now it's either AV or Fey Forest, I don't remember. If your old name was particularly cool then it's probably gone as well, lost to name wipes. You can't server transfer at the moment either, so forget coming back, logging into your old character, and then shipping it off to a living server like MT.
    >
    > All those disappointing truths aside, if you have friends who still play then it's worth it. But if you're just gonna come back and be by yourself then it's not worth it at all. LFG sucks. IMS sucks. You'll spend an eternity trying to gear up so you can PUG dungeons that take hours because nobody reads guides or skill descriptions when they build their class anymore. If your old guild/friends are there, do it. If not (and they're probably not; the developers have done their best to push people out as if it were an active effort), look elsewhere.

PvP on CH?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    erping pvp on ch to know who is the cutest elin in ch B)
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teekz wrote: »
    PvP on CH?
    Some people come here and develop an interest in it.
  • DesuBeanDesuBean ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    voidy wrote: »
    Teekz wrote: »
    PvP on CH?
    Some people come here and develop an interest in it.

Muh hero, Kelp!
  • Rathgar wrote: »
    I see what you did there!

At some point this year all the RNG cancer regarding gear rolls is gone.

Woah woah hold on there. This is one of the main reasons I stopped playing about a year ago. Can you elaborate please? Where/when did you hear this and when might this be implemented?

...or is this just me misinterpreting something and getting my hopes up for nothing? :(
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Jordansb1 wrote: »
    Rathgar wrote: »

Woah woah hold on there. This is one of the main reasons I stopped playing about a year ago. Can you elaborate please? Where/when did you hear this and when might this be implemented?

...or is this just me misinterpreting something and getting my hopes up for nothing? :(
    It's a trap lol.

The gearing revamp makes it so that getting to decent gear is easier than now - but turns up the grind of getting exceptional gear even further. Guess which tier of gear NA lfg is going to require?
  • Pixelator wrote: »

It's a trap lol.

The gearing revamp makes it so that getting to decent gear is easier than now - but turns up the grind of getting exceptional gear even further. Guess which tier of gear NA lfg is going to require?

Does it matter though? I've said in the past (quoting ThoughBound)

I'd rather need 200 ore from a dungeon to craft a weapon and have the ore drop every time, than need 30 ore and have it only drop sometimes for one person at random to pick up. I don't care how long it takes me to craft items, as long as it's guaranteed to happen at some point.

Paraphrasing aside, I completely agree with him. Is this the change that's happening, or is it specifically with gear rolls?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixelator wrote: »

It's a trap lol.

I'd rather need 200 ore from a dungeon to craft a weapon and have the ore drop every time, than need 30 ore and have it only drop sometimes for one person at random to pick up. I don't care how long it takes me to craft items, as long as it's guaranteed to happen at some point.

Paraphrasing aside, I completely agree with him. Is this the change that's happening, or is it specifically with gear rolls?

You will need donzen of thousands of gold and gold will drop the same way as it is now.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

It's a trap lol.

You will need donzen of thousands of gold and gold will drop the same way as it is now.

Is this happening in the August 8th patch or no? I can't view the patch notes for some reason. :P
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

It's a trap lol.

Is this happening in the August 8th patch or no? I can't view the patch notes for some reason. :P

No, this new system will be at NA about November.
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

It's a trap lol.

Here's a look at all the random materials you will need (and fight party members over or roll boxes for): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oNFyLfTcBLTAODN0WAeIcWpzhoKQY1d-9bgW40SedAs/edit#gid=505067801