Account Bound vs. Character Bound Mounts

I know the reason you guys do it, it nets you wayyyy more money when people fall for it and buy 2-4 for their characters vs. one account bound one......but is this REALLY the way you guys are going to go from here on out?
I feel like 1) More people would buy the new mounts of they were account bound, and that would mostly - if not completely - make up the amount of money you're getting by some people getting 2-4 for multiple characters. and 2) It's such a crappy thing for a company to do. No, you're not forcing us to buy anything and YES you can play this game without buying anything, but come onnnnnn. This game doesn't have a plethora of new mounts available to earn in-game by rep or something like WoW, all the new beautiful mounts come from the store........and with the amount of money people give you for costumes, weapon skins, and loot boxes, I really really don't understand why you'd ON TOP OF THAT stop having an account bound option for new mounts.

Is anyone else kinda bummed by this?
I would have bought dragons when they came out, I would have gotten Flopsy, if there were account bound options. Now? I'm not getting either. It's just not worth the investment if it's only character bound. I guess this isn't a problem for people who only have one character they care about, idk - to me this is just kinda crappy and I wanted to vent about it.

I'm not bashing EnMasse and I'm NOT against them making money off their cash store, that's cool, it's just this one thing - removing account bound from new mounts - that I'm having a problem with.

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, pretty bummed out that all the new mounts are character-bound only. Makes me really glad I got an account-bound dragon while I could.
  • HwasaHwasa ✭✭
    Yeah, pretty bummed out that all the new mounts are character-bound only. Makes me really glad I got an account-bound dragon while I could.

Silly me thought I'd wait for the new Dragons to get an account bound one, didn't realize at the time account bound was going away =(
    If I had known that I would have gotten an account-bound dragon too.
  • AcendiaAcendia ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't buy character bound mounts simply because I have dozens and dozens of characters that I constantly switch between. Luckily the account bound dragon leaves me mostly pleased.
  • TheDarkWanTheDarkWan ✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree with u 100%. There are several mounts I would be happy to buy but EME has put them either in loot boxes or character mount and no matter how well off I am it's not a sound investment for me to buy a mount per character since I regularly delete characters and I would like to see Peddit account pet returned to the Tera store.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    account bound is the way to go. you feel like you are getting your money's worth. even at 60 dollars they weren't a bad deal. I could understand if we pay 100s, or 1000s on the game buying stuff and we could have access to our character models in the game files, or be able to play the game without being online, like a stand alone game, but I do buy stuff and all, but in the end we don't own any of the things we buy.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Oh the regret I had for not getting the account bound dragons :(
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair I have mixed feels about this.
    Granted I would prefer to have all mounts account bound for the same price as character ones, but that's a bit unrealistic.
    We could also get into the deal about account bound ones being untradeable, and if that was the case, say, all mounts account bound at the same price as current character bound ones but untradeable, I think it would hurt a bit (or even a lot) the free player base. We get those character mounts from EMP dealers and all fun all cool, but if that got taken away it would be quite annoying.

If it was made tradeable tho, and price was adjusted to an average between character and account bound mounts, it would be good to me at least, even if removing the character only ones.
    Now if we just keep them as they are price wise, that's what, 50 dollars for a mount usually (they around 4.5K EMP aren't they?), when you think that someone might just have one character they play, they could be getting 4 different mounts for that price.

The business has to take a lot into consideration, and obviously the best of all for us players would be full account bound mounts for the current price of character only, and tradeable ones at that. No idea how far would it hit their profits on that, it could be that people would indeed as you say start buying more mounts instead. I dunno what I would do, as I have many different mounts on different characters that I like their looks, but if I had account bound wolves and kittens I don't think I would bother spending more on mounts.... or would I? That's the whole deal, it's a tad hard to predict.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    an account-bound snowdrift mount was the very first purchase i ever made in this game 4 years ago and it's one of the only purchases i've made that felt worth it entirely (that and purchasing gifts for friends)
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few people, myself included, that would like for there to be an account-version of every mount, even the ultra-premium ones (clarification: by "ultra-premium", I mean the items that have some sort of extra effect, such as the "Fury" bone-wyvernsdragons that you get from loot boxes). I actually made a thread addressing this a while back, where one of the things I suggested was to be able to buy ultra-premium items outright but attach a higher price tag to balance the availability. You're far less at the mercy of RNGsus (who, like its non chaos theory counterpart, can be a real [filtered] sometimes) and instead are thrust more into a "pony up or shut up" situation where the only limiter would be a lack of available funds.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hwasa wrote: »
    I know the reason you guys do it, it nets you wayyyy more money when people fall for it and buy 2-4 for their characters vs. one account bound one......but is this REALLY the way you guys are going to go from here on out?
    I feel like 1) More people would buy the new mounts of they were account bound, and that would mostly - if not completely - make up the amount of money you're getting by some people getting 2-4 for multiple characters. and 2) It's such a crappy thing for a company to do. No, you're not forcing us to buy anything and YES you can play this game without buying anything, but come onnnnnn. This game doesn't have a plethora of new mounts available to earn in-game by rep or something like WoW, all the new beautiful mounts come from the store........and with the amount of money people give you for costumes, weapon skins, and loot boxes, I really really don't understand why you'd ON TOP OF THAT stop having an account bound option for new mounts.

Is anyone else kinda bummed by this?
    I would have bought dragons when they came out, I would have gotten Flopsy, if there were account bound options. Now? I'm not getting either. It's just not worth the investment if it's only character bound. I guess this isn't a problem for people who only have one character they care about, idk - to me this is just kinda crappy and I wanted to vent about it.

I'm not bashing EnMasse and I'm NOT against them making money off their cash store, that's cool, it's just this one thing - removing account bound from new mounts - that I'm having a problem with.

just wait and see if your dragon will be account mount in the tera store