Couple of tips and hints about leveling up, since we get an event.

If you are new, you can use a Buddyup code from friends, or if you don't know anyone, when made a character, you can whisper a random player and ask nicely for Buddyup code, when got one, write it down and then get back to character selection menu and enter it there.

This explains about XP boosts, since you can't XP boosters together, for example a 50% with a 100%, so use only 100% and that can stack to your buddyup code XP booster. https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/5204/#Comment_5204

Useful Guide for starters about chat:
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/12710/tera-chat-command-guide#latest

Check guides here to know more stuff:
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/categories/player-guides
https://www.essentialmana.com/

Well, I am going to suggest a leveling method and give some tips a long the way.

1. You start at Stepstone Isle, you get out of there, following quests as lvl 11-13, then you go to Velika following story quests, when got to Velika HQ, you get teleport to Bulwark outpost, but before continue, remember to sue your new gears that gain a long the way and dismantle the older ones to get Feedstock to enchant your Avatar weapons, from there you get Relics for Avatar weapons which is your best friend and weapon up to level 65, There is 3 button at the bottom of your Inventory, one in the middle dismantle, the one in left for Enchanting window, on right for fusing crystals.
y0SZoIj.jpg
2. From Bulwark again continue doing story quests, when you reach level 13, Vanguard quests will be available for you, you press H and you see it, along side doing your story quest, you can complete vanguard quests for more XP and extra rewards, you got 8 daily vanguard (VG) quests cap, 16 each week.
FKaksWZ.jpg
as you can there are Taps, that can show you the quests for Battlegrounds, dungeons, and other things, at level 65, that redeem button get you to Highwatch city so you can spend your Credits which you start gaining after level 60.
3. Continue doing story quests and do VG quests a long the way till you get to Crescentia, remember you can always dismantle gears you don't need, discard old jewels when you got new ones, each new Avatar weapon you get, you can enchant to +9 with Feedstock and Alka, you can sell the older one to a merchant, be careful about it. when you got Crescentia, keep doing story quests, at some point you reach to a portal and you will use a invisible potion, when did that story quest and got XP from it, you probably will be level 20-22. Stop doing story quests now.
4. press H, you got a Quest, The Day Is Mine, that gets you Royale Kumas Battleground, you can press Find Group and start queue for it, while queing you can do Vanguard quests, remember even if you reached your cap, still doing those quests gives you XP by completing them. When you win Kumas, you gain XP from it, and then you can go to Velika HQ and talk to Sura to get your reward and extra XP, you can keep the Kumas box or you can sell them for golds. Also that gives you 2 1-day 100% XP booster, your daily 1st win battleground gives you a lot of XP and reward, after that you get no special rewards and lower XP, so I don't recommend doing Kumas after you got your 1st win, you can use your XP booster and start killing mobs and doing vanguard quests.

Now, At this point, things get easier to explain, Keep doing vanguard quests and que up for dungeons available for your level, you can see that from VG page or Instance Matching in main menu, you can also use Unstuck to get to nearest town each 20 minutes for free from system menu. So while you are waiting for dungeon, you can gain a lot of XP too fast by doing vanguard quests, what about story quests? I don't recommend, can get messy and also slow, you want to do story quest, it is OK, when got to 65 and got decent gear and looked prettier, you can go back and follow story quests.

Repeat doing what I earlier said to get to level 60, two kind of Vanguard quests you can do, if your class is Sorc, Slayer, Zerk, Valkyrie, you can kill MOBS too easy and too fast, so you can do the highest rewarding VG quest back to back till you get to dungeon, as lancer, warrior you can kill BAMS, they are slow MOB killers, Brawler good to do both, Healers usually get fast que, so doing mob quest can help also. Nowadays you get everything easy, so don't get nervous just mindlessly grind to get to level 60 fast.

When got to 60, stop whatever you are doing, you get 5x scrolls for Airship Platform, in Velika outskirts, you can start vanguard story quests, they give you great amount of golds, XP, new gears, enchanting mats. while doing those quests, you can also que for available dungeons. You probably reach level 65 before finishing them all, but keep doing them, you get jewel crystals appropriate for your class and lots of golds.

When reached 95, you get Gearing Red quests that you can follow from Highwatch town by Dougal, finish them and you have all the things you need to be a ready level 65 to do end game stuff.

Good luck, if got question, you can ask here, others will answer :sweat_smile: also less global for you if new, just ask questions you got there, don't grab too much attention. Have fun.

Comments

• gibgib ✭✭✭
    don't do story quests or dungeons. they take too long and are worthless for the time it takes to do them.

find a bam quest in your vanguard window. it will always have 0/5 to show you that it's a bam quest. teleport to the bam location and repeat the vanguard quest until you outlevel the bam quest. then find your next bam vanguard. rinse and repeat.

bam quests are the fastest and most efficient way of reaching max level.

dungeons are worthless because they take too long to finish and by the time you finish you could have done many of the bam quests.

story quests are worthless because they take too long until level 60

just do bam quests until 60 and then do the story quests to get your first gear set. then do story quests while you queue for sabex armory. rinse and repeat until level 63 in which case you queue for sabex armory and macellarious catacombs and kill parthian mobs outside of amadjuak trading post.
  • TBH with the party exp from dungeons.... it's super fast to level from them. I q for dungeons or kumas, while doing BAMS during queue. I dont do quests at all after lvl 20ish.
  • gibgib ✭✭✭
    Minilee wrote: »
    TBH with the party exp from dungeons.... it's super fast to level from them. I q for dungeons or kumas, while doing BAMS during queue. I dont do quests at all after lvl 20ish.

now that bosses in dungeons have incredibly high hp for no real reason, it's not efficient enough to spam dungeons during the level process. combine that with possible incompetent party members and you will level quite a bit slower than if you were strictly doing bam quests.

battlegrounds are a different topic because they are completely rng. i still wouldn't recommend them
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    gib wrote: »
    TBH with the party exp from dungeons.... it's super fast to level from them. I q for dungeons or kumas, while doing BAMS during queue. I dont do quests at all after lvl 20ish.

now that bosses in dungeons have incredibly high hp for no real reason, it's not efficient enough to spam dungeons during the level process. combine that with possible incompetent party members and you will level quite a bit slower than if you were strictly doing bam quests.

battlegrounds are a different topic because they are completely rng. i still wouldn't recommend them

no only for boss, with this event you get tons of exp from mobs too
  • gibgib ✭✭✭

yes, i know that, but bams still give more experience through vanguards and just killing them than doing dungeons / battlegrounds / mob quests.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's how I level up...after 20 I level up doing bams and kumas until 60 and then I do the quests.
  • How to level up:
    1. Powerlevel to 22
    2. Solo Dungeons with 4 alts in dungeon
    3. thats it
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's how I level up...after 20 I level up doing bams and kumas until 60 and then I do the quests.
  • A long long long time ago, a hero, appeared on TERA EME, RU, and EU

in the beggining, it was good, all the humans played it well, and happy, leveling up together, and never fighting

but some days late, some things started to happen when at lvl 65 someone failed tanking or healing

things as:
    Hey you suck man,
    you are pathetic,
    you dont deserve play this game,
    please uninstall tera
    are you a healer? oh rly?
    do you call this TANK? please GTFO and leave tera for the goodness of the humanity

When that group of people saw that, they started to think about children and good people

then they put a hand on it and started to make tera great again

Recording everything in game, in chats, in any place around tera, catching all the people who tryied to bully the others and protecting all the people

in the begginig it was good, and all were happy, enjoying it, but dark things happened behind the game, and behind this forum, then him started to went deeply to solve that issue

giving tools to the civilians to navigate around internet and feel free to do what they want knowing what they are doing

then him finally catch what him went to catch

to do this, him followed instructions of what to do from his commander in chief

then when his commander told him to stop and start to catch them all, him went for a while to do that thing

and him successed

then in 2018 him'll be back

to bring some justice to this world for the goodness of all the people who plays this game, and all the games of internet

The legend will be back

When his commander in chief say the order

until it dont happen, remember, him did all of this for you, and for your sons

to bring some peace and order to this world and save all this people

and that was the NEW WORLD ORDER

a world of union
    a world of liberty
    a world of peace

for all

maxresdefault.jpg

tfmarz-2018-radical-exclusive.jpg

we will save this world

we will save this people

we will make tera great again and all the internet

and we will save you

Wewantyou.jpg

lets make this world great again

• aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    The real fastest way to level to 65 esp with a bonus exp event:

Get 4 friends, preferably one intending to play a healer.

Just do story to level 20. I prefer this route than being powerlevelled because you get some basic gear for BoL, and if you are newish to the class you can at least get a basic feel of the few moves the class can provide for you.

After 20, if you don't have elite (and don't want to use the 1day elite till there is an actual event that you want to use it), get one Kumas win. You still need one Kumas Royale win for that 100% bonus exp boost which Elite provides. Sync Q 2-2-1

After one win, use the 100% exp boost, and spam dungeons to 60 (you should be getting roughly around 2 levels per run), where you need to get your Highwatch story line gear. Mix between Story quests, Sabex Armoury and Catacombs. It should take less than 2 hours if you play non-stop from 60.

TL;DR Abuse the 400% EXP bonus that Joy of Partying provides, it is a huge boost especially with the base boost from the event.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, i know that, but bams still give more experience through vanguards and just killing them than doing dungeons / battlegrounds / mob quests.

Yeah, that's true, I suggested both ways, so very casual players if couldn't handle BAMs and wanted easier way try killing mobs. But fastest as you said, are killing BAMs from VG quests.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭

Bosses still die in a few minutes, and you can use mounts in leveling dungeons now, so it really doesn't take that much longer...
  • gibgib ✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »

Yeah, that's true, I suggested both ways, so very casual players if couldn't handle BAMs and wanted easier way try killing mobs. But fastest as you said, are killing BAMs from VG quests.

bams have been cake-walk to solo for years. plus with all of the recycled bam garbage that all the dungeons have, it gives you experience with learning their basic attack patterns before you're even max level.
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »

Bosses still die in a few minutes, and you can use mounts in leveling dungeons now, so it really doesn't take that much longer...

i am aware of that, but solo leveling is always the most efficient because you only have to rely on your own skill. with leveling dungeons there are many factors that can skew the run into being really slow. the biggest of which being incompetent team members.

the only way that spamming dungeons would be better than doing bam vanguards is if you have 4 other experienced friends with a party comp being either:

tank, dps, dps, dps, healer, or dps, dps, dps, dps, healer because tanks dont matter in lowbie dungeons,

and if they all have the same exp boosts and have gear and avatar weapons already set up beforehand.

if not, then doing solo bam vanguards will always be more efficient than running dungeons.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Change Spacebar for Jumping, for some situations and PVP jumping between chain skills can wreck you lol
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Keep it, it's funny when spacebar heroes jump by accident.