recommendations for a good alt game

so I have Tera, gw2 and have accounts for aion and BnS. but I am looking for another game for my meh I don't want to play these. My NC soft games I haven't downloaded to my computer due to its iffyness and somehow those files carry I virus that my computer doesn't like. or something. anyho any ideas? I don't mind downloading and stuff like that kinda looking for something that looks and feels like Tera/gw2 ish

Comments

• kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭
    C9 .
  • Black Desert online. I won't say you'll never play Tera again, but it's Tera with improvements in all the right places.

The good: Tera style dodge and attack combat, MUCH fewer bugs, Combo combat (not just press 2 to use a move you can, but you can also do things like Shift+LMB+RMB, S+space etc) with MUCH more to do (Horse training, trading between cities, farming, hunting, sailing, etc etc etc), better graphics (subjectively), Marketplace that's much more inflation proof, personal housing, guild castles, semi-interesting story, interesting leveling system (technically unlimited levels, but right now 60ish is the most feasible), ridiculous amounts of customization (I spent 2 hours customizing a character that looks exactly how I want, every single part of the body, hair, eyes even heterochromia, voice etc). Many classes that are very similar to Tera (Zerker, mage etc). Kinda no gender lock (most male characters have a female counterpart and vice versa minus two classes I think). Very different armor/gear progression (find the armor set you like, then upgrade and keep it from 1-whatever). Most of the classes are fairly well balanced (though DK, Witch, Wizard are marginally OP and Tamer is kinda underpowered). Semi-Unique classes, The no "true healer" style of GW2, Boat combat and hunting, really good guild and clan system, and last but not least the black spirit (love him or hate him but he's very interesting).

The bad: Tera style quests (kill x of x, or kill x of x to get x item) so no interesting quests like GW2. RNG gear progression, too much to do (seriously there's so much to do it's pretty hard to do it all and can feel overwhelming), AFK leveling of weight limit and stamina (how long you can run), weight and inventory limits that aren't hard to increase, but are kind of a cash grab, and my least favorite world PvP at 50 anywhere any time for any reason. Top tier gear is RIDICULOUSLY expensive/hard to get (the top tier boat requires a TON of grinding, and top tier gear can be upwards of 100s of billions which isn't as bad as it sounds but still not good).

Seriously check it out. It's like $9 for the base version which is fine and dandy and it's MILES ahead of Tera, BnS, GW2 and most other MMOs IMO.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anwhaz wrote: »
    Black Desert online. I won't say you'll never play Tera again, but it's Tera with improvements in all the right places.

The good: Tera style dodge and attack combat, MUCH fewer bugs, Combo combat (not just press 2 to use a move you can, but you can also do things like Shift+LMB+RMB, S+space etc) with MUCH more to do (Horse training, trading between cities, farming, hunting, sailing, etc etc etc), better graphics (subjectively), Marketplace that's much more inflation proof, personal housing, guild castles, semi-interesting story, interesting leveling system (technically unlimited levels, but right now 60ish is the most feasible), ridiculous amounts of customization (I spent 2 hours customizing a character that looks exactly how I want, every single part of the body, hair, eyes even heterochromia, voice etc). Many classes that are very similar to Tera (Zerker, mage etc). Kinda no gender lock (most male characters have a female counterpart and vice versa minus two classes I think). Very different armor/gear progression (find the armor set you like, then upgrade and keep it from 1-whatever). Most of the classes are fairly well balanced (though DK, Witch, Wizard are marginally OP and Tamer is kinda underpowered). Semi-Unique classes, The no "true healer" style of GW2, Boat combat and hunting, really good guild and clan system, and last but not least the black spirit (love him or hate him but he's very interesting).

The bad: Tera style quests (kill x of x, or kill x of x to get x item) so no interesting quests like GW2. RNG gear progression, too much to do (seriously there's so much to do it's pretty hard to do it all and can feel overwhelming), AFK leveling of weight limit and stamina (how long you can run), weight and inventory limits that aren't hard to increase, but are kind of a cash grab, and my least favorite world PvP at 50 anywhere any time for any reason. Top tier gear is RIDICULOUSLY expensive/hard to get (the top tier boat requires a TON of grinding, and top tier gear can be upwards of 100s of billions which isn't as bad as it sounds but still not good).

Seriously check it out. It's like $9 for the base version which is fine and dandy and it's MILES ahead of Tera, BnS, GW2 and most other MMOs IMO.

sorry man, but i have the game and they suck with mount, costume and armor, we dont have free teleport, their UI is worse than tera UI, you lie when you say no gender lock, we cant have male sorceress, dk and tamer and we cant made a cute berserker

seem people on their forum dont agree with you for balance, wizard and witch seem to be too strong

the tuto is very annoying

town inventory is not sharing with other town, so you need to back to the same town to take back the item

your armor and weapon can worn and it is not cool

and i really dislike the weight limit and the night
  • PhoenixKissPhoenixKiss ✭✭
    edited August 12
    I have an in-game friend that plays Blade & Soul from time to time. I might give it try, once my friend messages me back on what server they play. :/
  • I don't know, I like the costumes (even though they're cash shop, I mean you can still buy them in the auction house), and I do agree with you that the mounts are rather slim on customization (Just horse, camel, elephant). The UI thing is subjective and I like the BDO UI more, mostly because it doesn't lag out every time I open my inventory.

I think DK is supposed to be the "female zerker" slow but heavy damage. And yeah The classes I was thinking of were tamer and Brawler (and possibly sorceress).

No free teleport is actually a plus for me. It makes the world bigger and it really makes you think about what you're doing before you make a trek across it. They still have "safe haven" scrolls, and unless you have elite (or something has changed) Tera is pretty much the same. I feel like flying mounts and fast travels tend to ruin the game. You can never even see large parts of the game, which is why I like BDO's way of rewarding you for actually exploring and experiencing more of the game.

The town inventory thing is a love-hate with me. On the one hand it's annoying to have to trek back to where my workers stashed all the stuff they made, on the other hand it's more realistic, and you can always transfer stuff between towns, which takes time like it does in real life.

I'm absolutely with you on the weight. Limited inventory or limited weight. Both is just obnoxious.

I also kind of like the night feature. It, along with the weather, makes BDO feel more real. And you can always carry a lantern and enough fuel for like a month so it's a non-issue for me.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, I don't think a game can cater to everyone's wants. I'm just saying that BDO is about as good as it gets for me.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anwhaz wrote: »
    I don't know, I like the costumes (even though they're cash shop, I mean you can still buy them in the auction house), and I do agree with you that the mounts are rather slim on customization (Just horse, camel, elephant). The UI thing is subjective and I like the BDO UI more, mostly because it doesn't lag out every time I open my inventory.

I think DK is supposed to be the "female zerker" slow but heavy damage. And yeah The classes I was thinking of were tamer and Brawler (and possibly sorceress).

No free teleport is actually a plus for me. It makes the world bigger and it really makes you think about what you're doing before you make a trek across it. They still have "safe haven" scrolls, and unless you have elite (or something has changed) Tera is pretty much the same. I feel like flying mounts and fast travels tend to ruin the game. You can never even see large parts of the game, which is why I like BDO's way of rewarding you for actually exploring and experiencing more of the game.

The town inventory thing is a love-hate with me. On the one hand it's annoying to have to trek back to where my workers stashed all the stuff they made, on the other hand it's more realistic, and you can always transfer stuff between towns, which takes time like it does in real life.

I'm absolutely with you on the weight. Limited inventory or limited weight. Both is just obnoxious.

I also kind of like the night feature. It, along with the weather, makes BDO feel more real. And you can always carry a lantern and enough fuel for like a month so it's a non-issue for me.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, I don't think a game can cater to everyone's wants. I'm just saying that BDO is about as good as it gets for me.

in tera you get a pretty armor at level 20

in black desert you are stuck with your peasant armor until level 50 before to get something to be fine, of course if your are sorcress or witch or wizard you are stuck with your ugly armor forever

the UI is the system spam you in the top of your screen than a dude has enchanted his crap to +15 a guild finish a quest, a guild has declared guild war against another guild, for me i feel the lag everytime i open my inventory or the option

not really i dont feel the dk is female berserker, the lady with her sexy leg use a long sword like a slayer, the berserker use 2 axes and my little cute elin berserker in tera only one big axe :)

in tera you can use town, dungeon scroll to teleport around tera world and in the town you can use teleportal and you have a scroll to back fast in the town and it cost only 4 golds, sorry but i dislike the black desert system, because it take you one million days to back to olvia if you want take back a item you let in your olvia bank

lantern take a spot in my inventory and even with it is unpleasant to run and kill in the dark, because you cant see tree or rock that block you

the game is good, but not enough for i quit tera for black desert, because in tera i feel i am more free and tera seem to be more fast, when i play black desert it is like if i drive a truck in a alley
  • GelosGelos ✭✭
    actually BnS is not very good. Black desert sounds pretty cool.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭
    I agree with BDO, it's really fun. I finally bought it at the steam sale (Though I haven't played it yet)

I also have Riders of Icarus. IMO Tera is still a heck of lot more fun than it, but you get to tame any mount you want, even birds and dragons!

I also just started play Kritika (Yes I was won over by the pink wolf), and, despite what I thought before, it's actually fun, though it's not an "open world" mmo, it's more of an instanced dungeon-crawler
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warframe. If you interested in shooters, Warframe may be the game for you. Also if you ever get into that game, PM me, cause i has a clan there which would make stuff easier on you.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    I agree with BDO, it's really fun. I finally bought it at the steam sale (Though I haven't played it yet)

I also have Riders of Icarus. IMO Tera is still a heck of lot more fun than it, but you get to tame any mount you want, even birds and dragons!

I also just started play Kritika (Yes I was won over by the pink wolf), and, despite what I thought before, it's actually fun, though it's not an "open world" mmo, it's more of an instanced dungeon-crawler

you will have fun with the failstack enchant system to enchant your stuff, remember use only 3 rings to +3 your failstack before to enchant your sutff and share your enchant stone between your armors and weapons, dont rush with only one weapon ;)