[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

(Argon Assault) Understanding the Cryptic Messages

Comments

• NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    there has been a new one posted https://twitter.com/TERAonline

Yes! I've already translated it and added it to my main post above. Thanks!
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only theory i can come up with, after translating some of the messages on my own, and i was late to do that because i didnt read this thread, is that EME is planning a return of the Argons. Think about it: According to lore, what is the thing that took years to defeat, the thing that could make Archdevas shiver in fear? There is only one enemy in all of the TERA lore that matches the description: Argons.

Now for the ones who like lore, and since @Spacecats once requested it but now i don't know where is that thread: The Argons are beings without soul, which is why the gods like Kaia cannot sense them. They are endless and it is speculated they come from a dimension simply known as Yakaia. This dimension is where it is speculated also, to be where Shandra Manaya came to invade Arborea. Why this dimension exist? Before the Divine War, before the creation of the 31 gods, before the creation of Mystel, whos an existance different from the other gods, Arun and Shara created the first "God" Manahan. He was as powerful as the Titans, and seeing them create the gods, inspired him in wanting to create something of his own. Shandra Manaya was born like that, but as an incomplete being, neither a god nor a race. His curiosity also drove him to destroy part of the barrier protecting arborea, shattering the dimensions and creating the dimension known as Yakaia. Arun and Shara could not contain him anymore and banished him to Yakaia and imprisioned him there. It is believed that his creation Shandra Manaya was imprisioned with him too.

• NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    /snip

I wish I was as lore-fancy as you and the other players... I only go as far as history of video games, developers backgrounds and archiving information/retired data. What I'd like to know is, what does this mean to you? What do you believe will come out of this? I'd truly love to hear your input on the matter.
  • YakusanYakusan ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    there's argons spawning outside of velika right now. (only drop simple salts)
  • probably just a eme event
  • Argons that drop simple salts in allemetheia, too.
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    I don't like Commander Tamur. He messes with my theory. :s

Do we know what 'eye' is he referring to? I can't recall any eye structure in argonea.

The only way this can go along with my theory is if this phrase 'from across northern Shara' doesn't mean that he can see the eye from one side of north shara to the other side of north shara. Like he can see the eye in argonea from kaiator, but rather he can see the eye structure in arun continent from across [the sea] in Northern Shara. That 'across' may break or make my theory.

Also these argons in velika and allemantheia also point to something completely different. Maybe it's just some weird event of EME.

They got us hunting though. I give them that.

Also people are getting interested in tera lore is a good side result too.
  • TsinTsin ✭✭✭
    Seikilos wrote: »
    Snip.

There's no eye structure, but there was Meldita, whose design and wipe mechanics (back when she had them) revolved around her singular eye.
  • Hmmmmmmmmm....... what could it all mean?!
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmmmmmmm....... what could it all mean?!

Do not let our efforts be in vain, my friend.
  • What's going on here?
    Is this EnMasse's attempt at an ARG? (I'm geuinely curious and ignorant of what's going on).

What do people think it's leading up to? New class or content?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borsuc wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    I hope we see a message that Na Tera will be shut down to end our suffering :confused:
    Cause it's so hard to quit by yourself?

No offense mean but some husbands/wifes can leave their "loved one" even if they are physicaly and psicologicaly abused.

Thinking about that I think is normal people don't leave their confort zone even if that is a vicious circle.
  • GrimoirGrimoir ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Plot twist:

Shandra Manayas revival to complete her mission. Manayas Core 2.0 incoming.

"After Shandra Manaya has failed to create the bridge toward Agaia to free Manahan, another celestial decided to step in and free Manahan. Behold, the mastermind behind the chaos related to Archdevans, Northern Arun, and the plans to free Manahan from the Agaia– Lakan, the God of Avarice"

Wouldnt suprise me if Manaya returns to finish what she and lakan started
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    > @Tsin said:
    > Seikilos wrote: »
    >
    > Snip.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's no eye structure, but there was Meldita, whose design and wipe mechanics (back when she had them) revolved around her singular eye.

You are right I thought of meldita too, but meldita doesn't fit the description. Yes it's an eye looking creature but it isn't big enough to be seen across half a continent. And why meldita and not the 'eye' construction from channelworks?

This whole eye think makes me think of Sauron. Maybe it's a construction of the likes.
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    > @seandynamite said:
    > Hmmmmmmmmm....... what could it all mean?!

Throw us a bone... eh I mean a hint.