[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 03/25 (Wed) at 8:00 am PST, and will have an estimated downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

(Argon Assault) Understanding the Cryptic Messages

Answers to the Cryptic Messages
TERA In-Game Event
• Large Scale Event
• Argons have invaded Highwatch, Velika, Kaiator & Allemantheia
• Argons have invaded Oblivion Woods
• Argons will invade Arborea August 15th
Argon Assault Supply Kit
Code: ZolynsFavor

What are these messages?
As of recently, En Masse has been reaching out through social media with cryptic messages of events that once occurred in TERA. Currently, there is a total of 5 images with cryptic text, where players have taken their time to decode and share their information with their peers... including myself. My goal is to understand what these messages mean, as well as getting a discussion surrounding the matter. If you have any idea or thought you may think this means, please don't be shy... I'd like to know what the TERA community thinks. Here is a list of decoded messages that we know so far:

Translated Cryptic Messages
"Our surviving spies report argons massing again in the northern provinces.
Only a strong leader can control this many at once..." (Matron Acana)
"The archdevans are retreating from several fronts.
Afraid to face the monsters from beyond.
Our friends in the federation warned us this could happen.
But to see it in action is truly astounding." (Hagand The Seeker)
The eye of that argon monstrosity.
I can feel the eye of that argon monstrosity string into my mind from across northern shara.
The time has come to strike back, and reclaim what is ours!" (Commander Tamur)
"All too soon our people will march again to defeat the argons,
But in which direction, no one can say..." (Fraya)
"The earth groans with the tread of argonfeet,
We ride to war." (Princess Rida)
Now is the time for all peoples to band together against our common foe.
The Valkyon Federation exists to fight argons,
And let no one say this soldier hides from a fight! (Commander Seir)

Translated Puzzle Piece Clues & Cipher Key
Paesyn's Charm

What could this all mean?
TERA M
• The TERA lore doesn't match up
• TERA M takes place 1,000 years ago
• Not argon related

TERA In-Game Event
• Images are shared on all of TERA's social media outlets (broader audience)
• Possible large-scale event surrounding argons
• Argons have invaded Highwatch, Velika, Kaiator & Allemantheia
• Argons have invaded Oblivion Woods
• Argons will invade Arborea August 15th

TERA Re-Release of MCHM or Nexus
• BHS has already announced that they would not be bring back old dungeons or nexus
• If it isn't in KTERA, it won't be in our version of TERA

TERA Release of Hangar RK-9 or Cyrux Research Facility
• It's too early to get this update
• The TERA lore doesn't match up

TERA for Consoles
• TERA for consoles is still planned to be released this year
• Return of older lore in cryptic messages and trailer
• Possible new content for console version of TERA
• Possible re-release of the TERA story from the beginning

TERA Expanded Lore
• Return of Argons
• Introduction to Manahan & the Yakaia Dimension
• End of Argon War
Puzzle Piece Clues
Another thing I'd like to talk about are the puzzle pieces in the corner, containing a number and 2 letters. From my knowledge, I know that TERA contains 8 languages. These languages are:

Aman
Baraka
Castanic
• Devan
High Elf
Human
Popori/Elinu
• Tuwangi

Each type of race in these languages had a role to play in the TERA lore, which makes me (and many other players) believe that there is 4 more of these images to come... however, in their first post, En Masse said, "An urgent message from the Valkyon Federation.", which this could also mean that there's only 2 more images to go (since the Tuwangi and Devans are not a part of the Valkyon Federation). As of right now, we have 4 clues that we can use to give us a larger understanding on what this can all mean... I tried to think that this may be another "fill the blanks" or "scrabble", but I'm not 100% sure on that. Here is the list of current "clues":

• 1 MR (Matron Acana)
• 2 AH (Hagand the Seeker)
• 3 CS (Commander Tamur)
• 4 NY (Fraya)
• 5 SE (Princess Rida, Daughter of Elinu)
• 6 AP (Commander Seir)

Update
Thanks to Idi0ticGenius, they've unraveled that the puzzle piece clue is "Paesyn's Charm" spelled backwards (MRAHCSNYSEAP = PAESYNSCHARM).

Sources & Tools
TERA Languages Reference Sheet
Xc3071w.png

Matron Acana
DGfzfaYUQAAgfiP.jpg

Hagand The Seeker
DGZoc7mUwAAHEL8.jpg

Commander Tamur
fzx4oWa.png

Fraya
DGUzuqeUMAAtRYg.jpg

Princess Rida
x1NaC.jpg

Commander Seir
DGujqzOUQAAQtXU.jpg

Argon Invasion
DG08c4aU0AAFACY.jpg

Comments

• ELin's language looks cute xD
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Report: Hagand The Seeker and Fraya pictures are misplaced.
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    Deluso wrote: »
    Report: Hagand The Seeker and Fraya pictures are misplaced.

Thank you for pointing that out. I'm still a bit sleepy, so if you see any more typos, just let me know.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    reported for putting effort into making threads, that make us look bad :neutral:
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    So from the Elin one on the bottom it does look like it's only cryptic characters, but English
    Well, that's good as I really wouldn't ever try to understand another realm's different language if it was not cryptic human language!

The letters bellow tho... no idea as of now at least
  • https://i.imgur.com/VYdEbEs.jpg
    the writing styles / language of various TERA races
    this is probably super blurry and I can't get a better version because I'm on mobile about to hit the road

@NPCPak
    it might be a good idea to include the writing styles of the races as reference, just in case?
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    what makes me doubt your conclusion is these 4 things:

1) from the castanics letter. "Our surviving spies report argons massing again in the northern provinces. Only a strong leader can control this many at once."
    castanic's area is castanica and the surounding areas along with arcadia where we see the devas (castanics is a deva clan anyways). if they see argons in their northern provinces did the argons reach the area of northern arcadia -baldera?

2)from the baraka letter.
    a) "The archdevans are retreating from several fronts". the archedevans dwel in north arun. did the new (to them) enemy, i.e argons make them retreat?

b)"Afraid to face the monsters from beyond." the argons come from another dimension. that's given.

c)"Our friends in the federation warned us this could happen." "But to see it in action is truly astounding." this shows the barakas speak as barakas, like a nation. we didn't know the nation's capital of baraka's till the 65 expansion. and they didn't take part in the argon war as a nation. more like scattered individuals took part in becoming federation members. also Highwatch and the barakas started communcationg with the federetion after the expedition that we were part of which created the the huge teleprt so the 3 big cities can comunicate directly with highwatch.

3)from the h. elves letter. "All too soon our people will march again to defeat the argons but in which direction, no one can say..."
    march again? so they marched before? but we only know the first march right? and we defeated them by killing shandra manaya. And we don't know which direction? argons started tera-morphing arborea from North shara. What's new? why don't we know from where?

4)from the elin/popori letter. "The earth groans with the tread of argon feet. We ride to war."
    How close is the Elin/Popori nation to the new invasion that they can feel the earth groan from the argon tread?

So, my conclusion is that BHS will advertise the console release with a new expansion to the story without a new level cap (they said they don't plan to. it doesn't mean they can't surprise us, but lets stick to that). It's not that we will save arborea from argons one more time through consoles. We will save arborea from a whole new argon invasion that's gonna take place south from highwatch and north of arcadia (say it baldera or w/e you want) so the 65 players can participate. it seems odd to advertise lvl56-lvl60 content when the lvl cap is 65.

-_-_FOR MANAHAN_-_-
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Seikilos wrote: »
    So, my conclusion is that BHS will advertise the console release with a new expansion to the story without a new level cap (they said they don't plan to. it doesn't mean they can't surprise us, but lets stick to that). It's not that we will save arborea from argons one more time through consoles. We will save arborea from a whole new argon invasion that's gonna take place south from highwatch and north of arcadia (say it baldera or w/e you want) so the 65 players can participate. it seems odd to advertise lvl56-lvl60 content when the lvl cap is 65.

-_-_FOR MANAHAN_-_-

I really like that idea, and I really like how much effort you put in that. If this is the case, this makes me even more excited than I previously was for this console release. I don't really know what would be in this console game, I just assumed that this entire skit was is an advertisement... but anyways, I love the idea, keep it up! (I love hearing about new content, especially Baldera.)
    Scrap wrote: »
    it might be a good idea to include the writing styles of the races as reference, just in case?

I made one in MSPaint, I hope it helps!
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    All of the languages just take the Latin alphabet and replace each of the 26 letters with something else? That's lazy.
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    All of the languages just take the Latin alphabet and replace each of the 26 letters with something else? That's lazy.

making a new language needs someone (or maybe more) with linguistic skills. like they did in game of thrones with the dothraki language etc.

making a new alphabet based on an already existing one requires only a graphist to make the art.

waaaaaay simpler and cheaper,
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    I like all the theories so far. I will say the return of mchm isn't likely since on an earlier stream they said bhs didn't want to work with a 5 year old dungeon. There is another dungeon with the argon queen in it though.
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    StarSprite wrote: »
    I like all the theories so far. I will say the return of mchm isn't likely since on an earlier stream they said bhs didn't want to work with a 5 year old dungeon. There is another dungeon with the argon queen in it though.

if only they would bring back whhm. but no. we get shattered fleet again.
  • nice I like it
  • i hope its console beta !!
  • there has been a new one posted https://twitter.com/TERAonline