[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

How Balanced Are Classes Right Now!?

Hello everyone!

So I'm curious, I've been kinda MIA from TERA for a little bit and I'm curious the state of classes and how balanced things are. So, if you don't mind, if I asked you to list classes into five categories, which one would you put each class in!?

The Five Categories are(from Strongest, to Weakest):
Overpowered
Strong
Alright
Weak
Useless

Seems last time I played balance was pretty good. I came back for Valks and I know they were overpowered af but I heard the eventual nerf all new classes get is coming for them so, when you put Valks in one of the give groups can you use TWO versions of valks:
1. Valks (as they are now)
2. Valks (post-nerf) [Since this option isn't actually live for most ppl, just guess what you think they'll be at. I'm hoping the nerf isn't too drastic.]

Thanks for anyone willing to give me a better idea on how the balance is in-game atm!! ^_^

Comments

• PvP mechanics are broken, even if classes were balanced it wouldn't matter when you have skills like ground pound, reaper memes, backstab, giga etc
  • MiskuChan wrote: »
    PvP mechanics are broken, even if classes were balanced it wouldn't matter when you have skills like ground pound, reaper memes, backstab, giga etc

Sooo, you're saying some classes are more broken in PvP than others!? That's normal, but you make it sound like it's getting bad? Like I'm just really ignorant to class balance on this game now and would love more knowledge on the subject.....
    I didn't think to separate PvP and PvE >.<
    I'd owe someone big if they could do the 5 category thing but for both PvP and PvE.....or link me to a site that has ranked them like that. TYSM
  • ^ that's why you need priests :bleep_bloop:
  • I would say all class are useful in pvp rn.... like gunner and ninja being lowest dps tier in pve, but really good in pvp.
    in mass pvp, you need a bit of everything : tanks for cc and giga, ranged and melee dps to focus on healers.
    In small scale, like duel or 3 v 3... rn valk, warriors, priest, brawler are really good and ... the other not so far behind
  • HwasaHwasa ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Minilee wrote: »
    I would say all class are useful in pvp rn.... like gunner and ninja being lowest dps tier in pve, but really good in pvp.
    in mass pvp, you need a bit of everything : tanks for cc and giga, ranged and melee dps to focus on healers.
    In small scale, like duel or 3 v 3... rn valk, warriors, priest, brawler are really good and ... the other not so far behind

Okay, thanks for that info!
    Where would you say Sorcerers are? For PvE :)
  • NO SUCH thing as balanced PVE or PVP
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    JFFpGqr.png
    All classes are viable for clearing content so no "useless" tier.

Source: https://www.essentialmana.com/tier-list/
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Pixelator wrote: »
    JFFpGqr.png

i would increase gunner rank since we are getting the buff for them tomorrow
  • Pixelator wrote: »
    JFFpGqr.png

Omg, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is EXACTLY what i was looking for, appreciate it so much!!!
    Ketoth wrote: »
    Pixelator wrote: »
    JFFpGqr.png

i would increase gunner rank since we are getting the buff for them tomorrow

Oh, what rank would you increase Gunner to with the buff? And would you, or anyone here, decrease Valks when they get their nerf? If so, how far would you guess they'd fall to?

Thanks again you guys!! Glad to see all classes are decent.
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭✭
    Mind you, that chart/ranking was created with VSHM results back 2 months or something ago, so take it with a grain of salt, as the author suggested.

Valk remains in the same 'tier', it gets nerfed in PvE by maybe 10% or something close. It remains seriously overpowered despite it, if that tells you anything about its state now.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Overpowered
    Strong
    Alright
    Weak
    Useless

cute elin
    castanic
    b00b elf
    popo
    is long time i dont see femani
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    what is berserker (normal)/ berserker (slaying)?? in flats/high heels??

slaying = be bellow 50% hp and use a slaying crystal
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Overpowered, broken: Valkyrie
    Okay: Warrior, archer, reaper, berserker, sorcerer
    Less dps than a brawler, therefore useless: Gunner, ninja, slayer