Why are we not allowed to talk about server transfers?

Comments

• seriously, FF is dead af

I hope you got server merges planned
  • Shinku89Shinku89 ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    dum dum dum dum dum
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shinku89 wrote: »
    Oh, @Spacecats , you make me feel special that my "conspiracy theory" was disturbing enough for you to say something against it. :)
    Suspicious..? Or it's just because my theory ( the sheep may not agree but alot of people who think a little bit outside the box do believe of it as something that bhs are compatible of doing) sounds too logical so you have no other choice but to address it? :open_mouth:
    Anyhow, this is issue doesn't disturb me too much personally.. But, If I were you, I would be a little bit concerned why players of the Tera community in NA are so quick to jump into "paranoid conclusions" (like how you prob would've worded it) , that Tera are trying to "trick" them in some way or another in the first place.

Your theory makes no sense because they don't make money by keeping people on a 'dead' server. Money isn't being spent on transfers and lazy people would just quit resulting in less money being spent. Unless you're suggesting BHS wants less money.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    Oh, @Spacecats , you make me feel special that my "conspiracy theory" was disturbing enough for you to say something against it. :)
    Suspicious..? Or it's just because my theory ( the sheep may not agree but alot of people who think a little bit outside the box do believe of it as something that bhs are compatible of doing) sounds too logical so you have no other choice but to address it? :open_mouth:
    Anyhow, this is issue doesn't disturb me too much personally.. But, If I were you, I would be a little bit concerned why players of the Tera community in NA are so quick to jump into "paranoid conclusions" (like how you prob would've worded it) , that Tera are trying to "trick" them in some way or another in the first place.

Tho, if this was a real conspiracy, you would have to respond and accommodate, under the assumption that the people at the low ranks even have a say, or are aware of the higher ups plans. If such a conspiracy existed, people like Spacecats or the players council, would be playing at the sandbox, as they would be insignificant tools forever, content puppets being fed by convenience and circumstance (in-game accomplishments) at the logical (or illogical) beacon of those that fill their Tires needs/plates. Like dogs enjoying eating at they're masters table, as long as they are being compliant.

If this was a real conspiracy, that's how it would be. As they say in GOT: "the hand of the king shits, and the hand wiped". Thank god this is just a fantasy, right?
  • Shinku89Shinku89 ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    posted in wrong place
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »

Your theory makes no sense because they don't make money by keeping people on a 'dead' server. Money isn't being spent on transfers and lazy people would just quit resulting in less money being spent. Unless you're suggesting BHS wants less money.

They will lose money in both scenarios, the difference is, where they lose most of the money: would they lose less money if they will "keep the current players intact inside the dead server" or let the server get even more dead by letting the committed players the server-transfer option?
    I am not aware of the statistics, so I am free to speculate. As so is you.

I find that proof is the only truth any sensible gamer should trust. And such a truth, should not be handled with mere opinions, mockery or speculation, but rather, with presentable facts on both side. Enough facts and presentations, to prove the other person wrong.

Otherwise, both you and the person you accuse (Spacecats), just come out as being full of BS. Enough BS, to make any none-sheep discredit you. And lord knows, that speculation and BS, are plentiful and abundant.

You are welcome to speculate me tho, as your feelings and opinions do not matter to me. You presented a case, not me. Now either you or Spacecats needs to fill the void. Or forever be thought of as empty talkers, sheep, or tools of some sort. This is you're conspiracy, not mine. I think you're both desperate to send this community a msg, because you understand there are too many complications, for a single answer.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »

They will lose money in both scenarios, the difference is, where they lose most of the money: would they lose less money if they will "keep the current players intact inside the dead server" or let the server get even more dead by letting the committed players the server-transfer option?
    I am not aware of the statistics, so I am free to speculate. As so do you.

You forgot to explain how they lose money on transfers working, and why would they bother "fixing" them if they don't want transfers working anyways? Temporarily "turning them off" actually doesn't accomplish anything other than make people quit along with tarnishing their reputation, and to a business reputation is extremely important.

You're also forgetting transfers are used for market purposes, not just "leaving dead servers". Some of the people complaining aren't even on AV.

Your claims have no basis and make no sense.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet if people were to boycott TERA or EMP purchases this would get fixed really fast..
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    > @LancerJiva said:
    > I bet if people were to boycott TERA or EMP purchases this would get fixed really fast..

I spend maybe 200 to 300 on Tera a week and im personally no longer spending money on EMP until its fixed.

I hope others will follow but i doubt it .
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teekz wrote: »
    > @LancerJiva said:
    > I bet if people were to boycott TERA or EMP purchases this would get fixed really fast..

I spend maybe 200 to 300 on Tera a week and im personally no longer spending money on EMP until its fixed.

Only thing I will say is I won't spend money on lootboxes again, unless they add some proyect diva costumes... well, one can't fight some things...
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teekz wrote: »
    > @LancerJiva said:

no offence to either of you two, but so many have said the same thing, so have I. I stopped spending money earlier this year until the bank tab bug got fixed. I doubt very serious if they even missed it. we have whales in tera that have spent thousands of dollars, and probably still do. if they were to quit spending then maybe it would be noticed. I have always said speak with your wallet, or in my case my purse. so keep speaking wit your purse or wallet.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    I bet if people were to boycott TERA or EMP purchases this would get fixed really fast..

Why do you even think that? If everyone stops playing or paying for anything, the game'll get shut down, not fixed.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »

I vaguely recall some people attempted that, over that whole third party software scandal. It was a good read though. They even posted some videos of other people criticizing the lack of communication from EME, even going as far as to involve afew MMO sites. They even addressed the ex community manager. You could find it on Youtube I guess, being as that thread was removed. Oh, by accident, for sure.

Though it seems that revolution has failed to leave a lasting impression on both parties. I mean, you're still playing right? the 4 people that gave you a "like" seem to be active, as well. Even the said subject of protest (software) seems to be flourishing. So if you think about this for a sec, who really "won" from that boycott?

Did EME win because they're game is still standing, or have they lost because too many people play the game and invest in it - because - of the said software's? I mean, lets face it, everyone loves to seeing those hot full +15s with everything maxed. Even EME likes them, i`ll bet. Now turn off all of his hypothetical software. Forever. That would be a proper enforcement of the terms of service, and EME has the right to do that legally. Then again, if EME did that to everyone that "uses" (sounds like drugs!), then they would have infact, unwillingly, orchestrated a boycott of they're own. One which would have been much more effective, then that of the people which came up with that idea, in the first place. In other words: kill the software, kill the game. Because good luck in telling people with 200+ ping, that they actually have to play with that. Or better yet, go tell people to calculate their DPS by using tab information (it can that be done!)

My point is: boycotting Tera is unnecessary, as it scrambles itself. Besides. The communities overall mentality in this specific game kinda prevents that from ever being successful. Its like: "today is the day I will gather my friends, and we will boycott Tera to prevent further injustice! WAIT! WHAT OMG NEW SWIMSUITS AND LFG SUDDENLY STARTED WORKING IN MY TIMEZONE! LETS GRIND! ill totally get on that boycott thing tomorrow. For sure".

You get the idea.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I really think half of the people in this thread don't understand what they are talking about, and are just coming off as ignorant. (This is less of an insult, and more of a statement gathered by the posts. Not calling anyone ignorant, I'm saying they're coming off as ignorant. If this does offend someone, well, take it as you will. Apologies in advance. It's not my intention.)

"Ooh, conspiracies~~ blah blah blah" - Where's your proof, @Shinku89? You're being called out by multiple people (now including myself) about proof that this is some sort of conspiracy, but your claims have no basis, and they make no sense. When you get your crap together, feel free to make a long, detailed post showing proof of this conspiracy. I want to be impressed.

For the people like @LancerJiva who think if people were to Boycott TERA it would fix it quicker (in and of itself would be useless, it would kill the game, not fix it, as mentioned by other people) - You obviously don't understand anything about coding, developing, any of it. First of all, En Masse is a PUBLISHER, not a DEVELOPER. They cannot rush the developer to fix anything. They can express urgency in this matter, but that's about it. They are powerless otherwise. They cannot implement coding changes involving the Transfers, that's only BlueHole that can do that, and BH isn't providing a fix at the current moment. As stated by Spacecats (several times now), they're trying to find the cause which caused it to happen in the first place. That requires back-tracing, finding and testing pieces of coding to find said issue, fix the broken coding, and then send it out in an update for each Publisher (i.e: En Masse, and EU's Publisher, GameForge).
    This is not to say BH doesn't find this issue important, but they have so much to go through. They have to go through older patches, find out which one was the cause, and do what I mentioned above; look thoroughly through the coding, test pieces they think are broken, if it is indeed broken, fix it, test the fix, and ship it out to the Publishers. Sometimes fixing that broken coding will just cause even more pieces to become broken, and then fix that. Unless you have a thorough understanding of what it's like to be a developer, you won't understand, and as a user and consumer, you will just sit there and complain and moan until it's fixed, flaming both EME and BH, which isn't constructive, as Spacecats mentioned.

Some of you forget to realize that Server Transfers costs EME. It doesn't not hurt them. It does hurt them, because it's a feature that generates them some money in the long run. So to say they sit there and don't care because it doesn't harm them, and it only harms the player-base, is baseless and you don't have a grasp on businesses and how they work. If it didn't help them in the long run, they would have gotten rid of it long ago. A feature has to be profitable in order to continue supporting it. If it didn't profit them, they would have discontinued it. It's as simple as that.

It's okay to sit here and discuss Server Transfers, but what IS NOT okay is sitting here insulting people who are LITERALLY powerless to do anything otherwise. This is directed to those who were insulting EME staff, and otherwise posting "WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED?!" or "IS THIS WEEKLY MAINTENANCE GOING TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE?!?!!?!?!?!" knowing very well that EME has clearly stated they DON'T HAVE AN UPDATE, and continue to ask over and over. You're contributing nothing to the thread, and you need to stop posting. If you don't, you need to be temporarily blocked because you're not helping, and if anything you're causing an unnecessary problem all together that the EME staff really don't need to deal with. Those of you who sit there and try to say it's their job to provide an update each and every time you guys asks, no, actually, it isn't. They aren't paid to come on here and say 'It isn't fixed yet' multiple times a day, multiple days a week. Yes, it's nice, but NO they are not paid to do so, and NO they have no obligation to do so for you. Get off your entitled high-horse and come back down to Earth, the real world, out of your fantasy land.

I assure you that when EME has an update, they will announce it in the patch notes, post across social media (probably), and make a thread stickied in the forums letting us know that server transfers are back up. That's what they've done so far, there's no reason they won't do it again. (Unless you want to believe Lancer who thinks this is a conspiracy, then by all means, feel free to do so. Just get ready to provide proof.)
  • Although some of you are super extra and never shut the hell up, I've never seen a game company speak to it's fans/playerbase the way EME's tone is with us. It's the reason tension gets so bad between us. Every event they tell us they can't do this, or can't do that because we'll exploit it (assuming your playerbase will exploit things is pretty bad to openly admit) - everytime there is a technical issue that they themselves cannot fix because it's on BHS's end they get mad at us because BHS doesn't equip them properly to deal with anything. Luckily there are other games with better customer service and support, guys. They'll soon learn they wont keep a playerbase like this... it's already becoming evident with the mass amounts of people leaving :)