[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Why are we not allowed to talk about server transfers?

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's the problem with forums and that is why we not getting good things much outta it.

Useless threads, baseless, useless posts, once it is fixed, it will be fixed, we should discuss things that EME can do, things that matter. Talking about fix xfer won't fix xfer when it should be done by BHS and not an easy thing to do.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    roxxapoxx wrote: »
    Although some of you are super extra and never shut the hell up, I've never seen a game company speak to it's fans/playerbase the way EME's tone is with us. It's the reason tension gets so bad between us. Every event they tell us they can't do this, or can't do that because we'll exploit it (assuming your playerbase will exploit things is pretty bad to openly admit) - everytime there is a technical issue that they themselves cannot fix because it's on BHS's end they get mad at us because BHS doesn't equip them properly to deal with anything. Luckily there are other games with better customer service and support, guys. They'll soon learn they wont keep a playerbase like this... it's already becoming evident with the mass amounts of people leaving :)

in that case why are you here? People were saying they are leaving since 3rd party program but since we have to see them crying all the time and all the time they say they are leaving, Leave the dam game then and stop talking about it.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Although some of you are super extra and never shut the hell up, I've never seen a game company speak to it's fans/playerbase the way EME's tone is with us. It's the reason tension gets so bad between us. Every event they tell us they can't do this, or can't do that because we'll exploit it (assuming your playerbase will exploit things is pretty bad to openly admit) - everytime there is a technical issue that they themselves cannot fix because it's on BHS's end they get mad at us because BHS doesn't equip them properly to deal with anything. Luckily there are other games with better customer service and support, guys. They'll soon learn they wont keep a playerbase like this... it's already becoming evident with the mass amounts of people leaving :)

I personally don't blame them with people like you. You sit there and scream and insult them, and you wonder why you get a 'tone' through them to you. (If you can even tell people's tone through the internet. It's literally plain-text, there's no vocal additions.)
    You're part of the problem.
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Naru2008 wrote: »

I personally don't blame them with people like you. You sit there and scream and insult them, and you wonder why you get a 'tone' through them to you. (If you can even tell people's tone through the internet. It's literally plain-text, there's no vocal additions.)
    You're part of the problem.

I don't go on the forums at all... first time in months. You're wrong.

I'm only commenting on what I've observed while reading their replies to their player base on the forums... I'm absolutely not someone who has been here complaining. Good try though.
  • looking at this forum is so disappointing and cringy because we get so many whiners just repeating the same complaint and hammering the "we're paying customers!!!" nail into EME like that's something that will make BHS work faster

sure, let's have EME open transfers again, and we'll see how pleased people are when their character items/stats get screwed up
    then we all get to hear you guys whine about an issue that WE KEEP TELLING YOU ABOUT but it goes in one ear and out the other because it's not what you actually wanted to hear (figuratively speaking.)

yes, we are paying customers, but this is not an issue EME can fix themselves because that's not within their abilities granted by BHS
    they obviously have people willing to throw down the cash for EMP, so what do they really have to gain by not fixing transfers? how is that even logical? how many of you are thinking about this past "WAAAH I CANT DO RAIDS! EME FIIIIX THIIIS!! WRYYYYYYY" because it seems like quite a few people aren't???

this is such old news turned into a broken record that I'm starting to feel like the repetition of this bull matches the "omg Trump is scheming with Russia" news that the media has been replaying for months
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I don't go on the forums at all... first time in months. You're wrong.
    The community is sparse and there's really no end game reason to gear anymore. Unless you want to do harrowhold every week just for fun. Support is getting better but half of the time they don't know what they're doing because they don't play the game themselves... and most things they wont assist you with anyway. Idk. Game's heading way down imo, point of no return.

Nope, first time in 23 days. That is far from months my friend.
  • edited August 2017
    Every event they tell us they can't do this, or can't do that because we'll exploit it (assuming your playerbase will exploit things is pretty bad to openly admit) - everytime there is a technical issue that they themselves cannot fix because it's on BHS's end they get mad at us because BHS doesn't equip them properly to deal with anything.
    People on this forum are always saying they want more honest, transparent communication, but every time EME gives it to them -- the truth about what they can and cannot do, the truth about reasons why people can't always get what they want (or can't get it right now), the truth about the fact that people exploiting/abusing the game are ruining things for others who play by the rules -- people get upset about the perceived "tone", get angry about the fact that they're not getting the answers they wanted, and get suspicious of every single utterance as if it's some giant lie or conspiracy. And then they wonder why EME isn't more communicative.

This game has a ton of problems, and EME's communication record is hardly stellar. This is something we bring up with them all the time. But what you're saying isn't really the problem. At best, it's just a manifestation of the poisoned well within a vocal portion of the playerbase, and it's probably impossible to solve at this point.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    the truth about the fact that people exploiting/abusing the game are ruining things for others who play by the rules -- people get upset about the perceived "tone", get angry about the fact that they're not getting the answers they wanted, and get suspicious of every single utterance as if it's some giant lie or conspiracy. And then they wonder why EME isn't more communicative.

I somewhat agree with that statement, in particular. I think that the truth is that the sheer amount of people that abuse the rules or exploit the game, has grown to the point, where they are the vast majority, to the point where nothing can be done to them. How many people use meters and side clients? if they ban -all- of those, they will kill too much of the player base, and Tera is already not at the best spot right now. Thats how bad things really are imo. EME probably knows that, but are forced by protocol to parade the terms of use, when that subject comes up. Powerlessness. I think that's the truth. Why would anyone attribute any sort of conspiracy here, is beyond me.

Though now that I think about it, if I was EME, I wouldn't want to communicate with people either. "Throwing" dedicated Samaritans at people, player council members, and glorified secretaries, would be the way to go. Id let other people do the talking. Hell, if I was EME, I think that these days id do everything I could, to rid myself of the responsibility of having to deal with this game. Though server transfers are kind of a minimal thing. If I were EME id get on that, or merge servers. I`m just saying.
  • edited August 2017
    Starkhoe wrote: »
    Powerlessness. I think that's the truth.
    There is a limit to that "powerlessness" and people are finding that out when they push the line clearly too far. And to be honest, it's easy to fall in a clique where you believe you're the irreplaceable majority, when you're actually just a vocal minority. I really do fear that some people will take that confidence to their proverbial graves.

Starkhoe wrote: »
    Though now that I think about it, if I was EME, I wouldn't want to communicate with people either. "Throwing" dedicated Samaritans at people, player council members, and glorified secretaries, would be the way to go. Id let other people do the talking.
    They didn't even need to -- they did do the talking themselves. But it doesn't help, which is the point. Talk less? It's a conspiracy to not admit the truth. Talk more? It's part of a giant cover-up/disinformation campaign. (Player council member says something? They were thrown in to spread the disinformation!) There is no winning with some people. It's exhausting and ultimately pointless.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    There is a limit to that "powerlessness" and people are finding that out when they push the line clearly too far. And to be honest, it's easy to fall in a clique where you believe you're the irreplaceable majority, when you're actually just a vocal minority. I really do fear that some people will take that confidence to their proverbial graves.

Oh everyone is replaceable. For sure. So are games, companies and publishers. Then again, I don`t think they can afford to start all over from scratch. I don't think anything can change that possible hypothesis, at this point in time. Ending the golden goose as it were, terminating accounts or banning the largest player base. It is likely that some birds fall from the nest before they learn to fly, and might be made an example of. For sure. But no company or publisher would be this foolish. Digging a few dozen graves (lets be honest) for the expendables is one thing, but committing [filtered] is another. You seem to be a reasonable person, much nicer then I am, for sure. But surely you realize that I could be right about this. Hows my counterpoint? ;)
    They didn't even need to -- they did do the talking themselves. But it doesn't help, which is the point. Talk less? It's a conspiracy to not admit the truth. Talk more? It's part of a giant cover-up/disinformation campaign. (Player council member says something? They were thrown in to spread the disinformation!) There is no winning with some people. It's exhausting and ultimately pointless.

This so called conspiracy is utter garbage, even the mere suggestion of this possibility is ridicules. I saw people blame Spacecats (which doesn't really play the game, to be fair) and the player council (which probably care more about them game, then of the forums) for just about every problem there is the game. Any person that has a life or a respectable job, wouldn't commit themselves to such a stupid ordeal. And while it is possible that some of the people mentioned might fall into the "no lifer" category, it wouldn't change the fact that this "conspiracy" wouldn't make anyone of those people richer or smarter. Its just.. idiocy. Well personally I just want a server transfer or a server merge, and I don`t care who gets done, or how.
  • I knew it

@Spacecats poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses

conspiracy

or cornspiracy if your crop was a corn field
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Scrap wrote: »
    @Spacecats poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses

And we are living in the dark ages, it seems. Though you're not thinking BIG enough. Think propaganda, the dream machine, industrialism! don`t you know that Spacecats is just the fallback guy? I think that the real mastermind behind all of this, is none other then ex community manager, Tonka. He did leave Tera before things started to go downhill. Thats a fact. And THATS suspicious!
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    eme has already stated many times what they can and cannot do with tera, and that they are waiting for bhs to fix it. eme is a business and doesn't want to lose money, so there isn't any conspiracy there. also as I said in a different post about server transfers, if people want to play on "X" server so bad, then they could always create a new toon there and level it up until transfers are available again to see if they like that server or not. yeah you wont have all your stuff when you go, but think of it as playing in hard mode, and give yourself a challenge.
  • > @Starkhoe said:
    > Scrap wrote: »
    > @Spacecats poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses
    >
    > And we are living in the dark ages, it seems. Though you're not thinking BIG enough. Think propaganda, the dream machine, industrialism! don`t you know that Spacecats is just the fallback guy? I think that the real mastermind behind all of this, is none other then ex community manager, Tonka. He did leave Tera before things started to go downhill. Thats a fact. And THATS suspicious!

no...
    no, not...
    it can't be...
    NOOO NOT TONKA

(off topic but fun fact: my pug's name is Tonka, his breeding name is Cole's Trained Tonka Tanker.
    I always break out grinning when I think about them having the same name.)
  • If server transfer is broken, then how tf server merge supposed to work?

Plis stahp dragging the rest of us innocent gamers into your problems with your childish tantrum.
    :angry: