server transfers

2»

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    kubitoid wrote: »
    also sometimes leveling a new character on a different server without your bank full of stuff is like playing in hard mode lol.
    you described life of new player in tera precisely. thats why most of them quit long before 65 from frustration leading to boredom

This is kind of off-topic, but are you saying that most players quit before reaching 65 because TERA is too hard? allofspaceandtime said it was like playing in "hard mode" without a bank full of stuff, and you agree. I'm curious if you have any examples of people you know trying TERA and quitting on their first character before 65, claiming the road to max level is really tough?

Is not really hard unless you try to do solo a dungeon mean for a full 5 man party.

Back in the old days we have to deal with enemies that could punish your mistakes in the leveling process, now they are way to friendly.

I do even remember that monsters in open world enraged really fast not as today.

If I have to say something about that, yes, game lose players if is too dificult but it also lose players if is too easy so is really hard to balance that.

Right now the game is not even half of hard as it was in old days so I think right now is near the middle point.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats this forums is a crying feast now from all kind of people, don't really bother atm. they never be pleased, instead of this update Fashion coupon store, Fed store, buddyup store, Reward store, Popo store, wait.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    > @Spacecats said:
    > kubitoid wrote: »
    >
    > allofspaceandtime wrote: »
    >
    > also sometimes leveling a new character on a different server without your bank full of stuff is like playing in hard mode lol.
    >
    >
    >
    > you described life of new player in tera precisely. thats why most of them quit long before 65 from frustration leading to boredom
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is kind of off-topic, but are you saying that most players quit before reaching 65 because TERA is too hard? allofspaceandtime said it was like playing in "hard mode" without a bank full of stuff, and you agree. I'm curious if you have any examples of people you know trying TERA and quitting on their first character before 65, claiming the road to max level is really tough?

It's not hard mode to start a new char on Tera, the game gives you avatar weapons and crystals on the path to 65, it just seems a lot of people are spoiled when leveling alt chars because they have a bank full of costumes and consumables and xp boosts and whatever else, even tho none of that stuff is needed and the game gives you anything you need.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Spacecats said:
    > Starkhoe wrote: »
    >
    > Communication is key here, and I believe that if people that shared my opinion knew they had something better to expect, I think they would wait in peace.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The intention has already been communicated. When server transfers are able to be re-enabled, the TERA team will re-enable them. At the moment we're waiting for a fix and there is a lot of attention on the issue. There are no current plans for any server merges.

I'd keep asking bhs on a daily basis about this. People are getting angry and the game is losing players because of this. I would either keep asking them daily or find a way to temporarily enable transfers that goes around the so called "bug."
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    > @Spacecats said:
    > Starkhoe wrote: »
    >
    > Communication is key here, and I believe that if people that shared my opinion knew they had something better to expect, I think they would wait in peace.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The intention has already been communicated. When server transfers are able to be re-enabled, the TERA team will re-enable them. At the moment we're waiting for a fix and there is a lot of attention on the issue. There are no current plans for any server merges.

I'd keep asking bhs on a daily basis about this. People are getting angry and the game is losing players because of this. I would either keep asking them daily or find a way to temporarily enable transfers that goes around the so called "bug."

That would involve work, and we all know EME won't do that.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Teekz said:
    > LancerJiva wrote: »
    >
    > > @Spacecats said:
    > > Starkhoe wrote: »
    > >
    > > Communication is key here, and I believe that if people that shared my opinion knew they had something better to expect, I think they would wait in peace.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > The intention has already been communicated. When server transfers are able to be re-enabled, the TERA team will re-enable them. At the moment we're waiting for a fix and there is a lot of attention on the issue. There are no current plans for any server merges.
    >
    > I'd keep asking bhs on a daily basis about this. People are getting angry and the game is losing players because of this. I would either keep asking them daily or find a way to temporarily enable transfers that goes around the so called "bug."
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That would involve work, and we all know EME won't do that.

Welp. All hope is lost, but you're right.
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    > @Spacecats said:
    > kubitoid wrote: »
    >
    > allofspaceandtime wrote: »
    >
    > also sometimes leveling a new character on a different server without your bank full of stuff is like playing in hard mode lol.
    >
    >
    >
    > you described life of new player in tera precisely. thats why most of them quit long before 65 from frustration leading to boredom
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is kind of off-topic, but are you saying that most players quit before reaching 65 because TERA is too hard? allofspaceandtime said it was like playing in "hard mode" without a bank full of stuff, and you agree. I'm curious if you have any examples of people you know trying TERA and quitting on their first character before 65, claiming the road to max level is really tough?

It's not hard mode to start a new char on Tera, the game gives you avatar weapons and crystals on the path to 65, it just seems a lot of people are spoiled when leveling alt chars because they have a bank full of costumes and consumables and xp boosts and whatever else, even tho none of that stuff is needed and the game gives you anything you need.

Spoiled or they want to bring their full DW mains along to play with their friends.
    You might not have but some people have millions of gold invested on 1 char.

Why would I want to start all over for the duration of the xfers being down WASTING gold and what mats I would have on that server to gear a "new char" and once xfers are open to what never play it again?
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    The intention has already been communicated. When server transfers are able to be re-enabled, the TERA team will re-enable them. At the moment we're waiting for a fix and there is a lot of attention on the issue. There are no current plans for any server merges.

Obvious things are obvious. Still no real resolve. Though no server merge huh? well that`s unfortunate. Once the fix is done, I guess people will still need to reach into their wallets in order to get anywhere, instead of getting a better deal. Oh well. Though I guess it would make some sense, since I think that merging a server with pvp options like FF, could cause some discomfort for people if it were merged with a pve server (like CH for example).

Thank you for the obligatory information. Appreciated.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    > @Teekz said:
    > Haggard86 wrote: »
    >
    > > @Spacecats said:
    > > kubitoid wrote: »
    > >
    > > allofspaceandtime wrote: »
    > >
    > > also sometimes leveling a new character on a different server without your bank full of stuff is like playing in hard mode lol.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > you described life of new player in tera precisely. thats why most of them quit long before 65 from frustration leading to boredom
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > This is kind of off-topic, but are you saying that most players quit before reaching 65 because TERA is too hard? allofspaceandtime said it was like playing in "hard mode" without a bank full of stuff, and you agree. I'm curious if you have any examples of people you know trying TERA and quitting on their first character before 65, claiming the road to max level is really tough?
    >
    > It's not hard mode to start a new char on Tera, the game gives you avatar weapons and crystals on the path to 65, it just seems a lot of people are spoiled when leveling alt chars because they have a bank full of costumes and consumables and xp boosts and whatever else, even tho none of that stuff is needed and the game gives you anything you need.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Spoiled or they want to bring their full DW mains along to play with their friends.
    > You might not have but some people have millions of gold invested on 1 char.
    >
    > Why would I want to start all over for the duration of the xfers being down WASTING gold and what mats I would have on that server to gear a "new char" and once xfers are open to what never play it again?

My comment was directed at the question of whether it's tough to level to 65 as a new player.

You could always make a char to have an alt to farm dailies with on that server, but as far as main characters, no, I wouldn't expect anyone to replace and restart a full dw char. If I was in that position, I would want my dw char to switch servers with me, since that char is basically all that I am in the world of Tera.