[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

lol?

Comments

• WarabuWarabu
    edited August 2017
    very funny can we have drops that aren't 5 copper though that would be swell
    (please)
  • JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    The event is NOT intended to last any specific amount of time. The events, as stated, will BEGIN anywhere in the predefined 2 hour timeblock but when the invasion is repelled, it will end until the next window. In fact, the event lives on well past the 2 hour window to make sure everyone has time to clear everything.

The soldiers and their leaders are being dispatched in groups; when the groups arrive it's a free for all!

I just reread the promo page a few times and have to say it's vague. Thanks for the clarification now I guess?

Are the mobs spawned proportionate to server population? Just out of curiosity.

I agree - I'll see if we can make it more clear; I appreciate your pointing that out.

The mobs are actually spawned in exactly the same amounts across all servers, zones, and channels. No
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Ghiblii wrote: »
    x

Congrats on being class carried, lol ??? And no even as a sorcerer it's a decent amount of hits. You don't understand the issue; It shouldn't have to take a max amount to take down 1 mob. The point of an event is to keep you active, going, place to place. Not lazy at all. In fact; it's being lazy sitting playing a game in the first place. YOU'RE GUILTY TOO.

first know how event works pliss, complaint is extreme easy but think dont ...
  • hey i just noticed you guys are selling lamb in the tera store now
    F5zi0cZ.png
    not only that but all these items together cost about 1k gold from broker and merchants
    so is emp ratio 1:10 now?
  • AryixAryix ✭✭✭
    Acendia wrote: »
    Aryix wrote: »
    It is hit based, not damage based, so it's not really a disadvantage for healers. It is a lot of hits for the mobs tho, for 3 or 4 nocts.

Have you seen warriors, ninjas, reapers, valkyries, brawlers and even lancers? they have skills that hit a dozen times with a press of a button. Healers have skills that hit twice with the press of a button, while slayers have no skills that hit twice, aside from whirlwind which has a cooldown unlike healers. Zerk is also the same aside from their own Cyclone.

Priest's Shocking Implosion has quite an amount of hits , and if you have proper glyphs, you can do plenty with Metamorphic Blast + Final Reprisal resets. Mystics can summon Thrall of Vengeance and use their resets as well for constant attacks. Between hit count and damage based, this way provides a smaller disparity between healers and dps. If the speed is not up to your standards, level up a high-hit-amount dps. There is a level up event going on right now, and you don't even need to be geared to do hit-based mobs, just spam skills.
  • AcendiaAcendia ✭✭✭
    It is hit based, not damage based, so it's not really a disadvantage for healers. It is a lot of hits for the mobs tho, for 3 or 4 nocts.

Have you seen warriors, ninjas, reapers, valkyries, brawlers and even lancers? they have skills that hit a dozen times with a press of a button. Healers have skills that hit twice with the press of a button, while slayers have no skills that hit twice, aside from whirlwind which has a cooldown unlike healers. Zerk is also the same aside from their own Cyclone.

Priest's Shocking Implosion has quite an amount of hits , and if you have proper glyphs, you can do plenty with Metamorphic Blast + Final Reprisal resets. Mystics can summon Thrall of Vengeance and use their resets as well for constant attacks. Between hit count and damage based, this way provides a smaller disparity between healers and dps. If the speed is not up to your standards, level up a high-hit-amount dps. There is a level up event going on right now, and you don't even need to be geared to do hit-based mobs, just spam skills.

I mean, yeah sure that's great. But the saddest part is that I main slayer was mostly speaking about slayer, even complain on first pages how healers are able to kill mobs faster than slayers. While it is disadvantageous to every class that isn't one of the ones I listed, slayers especially get the short end of the stick. Yes, you can argue that I could use a different class.... but then why is it "balanced" for healers, why can't healers change class?
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

I mean, yeah sure that's great. But the saddest part is that I main slayer was mostly speaking about slayer, even complain on first pages how healers are able to kill mobs faster than slayers. While it is disadvantageous to every class that isn't one of the ones I listed, slayers especially get the short end of the stick. Yes, you can argue that I could use a different class.... but then why is it "balanced" for healers, why can't healers change class?
    Just make an archer. Short cooldown on 7-hit Rapid Fire (+chance at reset), Poison Arrow ticks, and Play Dead in case you draw unwanted aggro. That class is basically built for mongos.

Also better at actual content compared to Slayer.
  • AryixAryix ✭✭✭
    [quote="Acendia;c-170205"

I mean, yeah sure that's great. But the saddest part is that I main slayer was mostly speaking about slayer, even complain on first pages how healers are able to kill mobs faster than slayers. While it is disadvantageous to every class that isn't one of the ones I listed, slayers especially get the short end of the stick. Yes, you can argue that I could use a different class.... but then why is it "balanced" for healers, why can't healers change class?[/quote]

If it were damage based, healers would be at a huge disadvantage, far greater than the slayer disadvantage. Valks would be clearing everything 10x faster than any other class, hands down. Like I said, hit-based reduces the differences between classes. Real talk, the disparity between classes isn't as bad as damage based would be. So yeah, I do understand where you are coming from, because I've played priest for quite a while, but it just seems like you're trying to be too nitpicky about things that aren't event-breaking. If it were damage-based, it would be disastrous. Hit-based, it's just fine.

• BijuBiju ✭✭✭
    I believe i saw 4 or 5 of them Boss
    it was a mix of Meldita,Shandra Manaya annd that first boss in Argon Corpus.

Btw they Hit Hard LoL
    BcZ7wnu.jpg
  • Acendia wrote: »

I feel your pain. I main Slayer too, but I can't remember the last time i did a Mongo event on that char because of what you stated. In general, I'm okay with this. You can't please everyone. There will always be a class that's at a disadvantage :anguished:
    I usually use my Mystic for Mongo hunting (Corruption ring always seemed good to me for that purpose). This time however, even that took idk... maybe a minute? I honestly believe we're all getting too spoiled, so I usually dislike people who are complaining about free stuff, but I guess now I'm one of them ;;

I do appreciate if the number of hits for large BAMS (or their HP) is considerably increased though.
  • BijuBiju ✭✭✭
    The one thing I dont like is how you dont really see the HP of the mob, you see big damage numbers and then at some point it dies..
  • Aryix wrote: »

If it were damage based, healers would be at a huge disadvantage, far greater than the slayer disadvantage. Valks would be clearing everything 10x faster than any other class, hands down. Like I said, hit-based reduces the differences between classes. Real talk, the disparity between classes isn't as bad as damage based would be. So yeah, I do understand where you are coming from, because I've played priest for quite a while, but it just seems like you're trying to be too nitpicky about things that aren't event-breaking. If it were damage-based, it would be disastrous. Hit-based, it's just fine.

WORD!
  • Biju wrote: »
    I believe i saw 4 or 5 of them Boss
    it was a mix of Meldita,Shandra Manaya annd that first boss in Argon Corpus.

Btw they Hit Hard LoL
    BcZ7wnu.jpg

This screenshot is the best. They DO hit hard.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mobs take forever to kill. Make them easier to kill like mongos. Not 120 hits or so for 3 nocts.

@Spacecats ; @Halrath ; @seandynamite ; @Denommenator
  • The amount of hits is fine seeing as you can get the boxes at a fair rate, the nocts though should either be removed so we have better odds at the rest of the items,or buffed up to a fair 5 or 10 nocts on kill, and the salt should just be removed for 5 nocts. (basically 5 and 10 nocts would be much better, but the hit number is justified due to box drops).