[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

08/24/17 Server Maintenance and Security Update

167891012»

Comments

• LesbianVi wrote: »
    gib wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Vindicting wrote: »
    yes. the "security" update that came out was nothing more than the removal of packet names. so opcodes have to be manually mapped. this is a major inconvenience for modules like skill prediction, seeing how they use so many packets, but it's still incredibly easy to make oneshot work. it literally takes 2 packets to abuse.
    I saw Pinkie and Bern talk about heuristics and decompiler so hopefully that's just temporary. It would suck to see skill prediction break or become harder to maintain putting more strain on kind players who help others but do nothing against exploits. I already saw someone memeslashing again today.

yes, pinki has already sort of come up with an automated process for mapping the packets. skill prediction is pretty much working in NA and EU, but any update is just more work to map the packets again.

Skill prediction and of coarse enrage announcement are fine by you people? Changing the nature of the game? making it a like a Tab-target and skill prediction that even works for pvp?

I am not uninformed, it was proven.

you are most definitely uninformed.

the real nature of the game is proven by looking at ktera. no one in ktera has high ping or even 30+ ping. and then you look at na tera and people have from like 5-300 ping. and you think that's okay? skill prediction is not a bad thing. it just makes it so you can play the game as it was meant to be played.

you are idiotic. please stop talking before you research the topic.

LOL, skill prediction is OK? You understand what comes to you and you iframe it sooner in PVP it is OK? You wanna act the same way with 300 ping with someone with 100 ping and I am idiotic?

Grow up.

Grow up would you? You have no idea what Skill Prediction is, its not predicting what other people will use on their skill. Its meant to ensure that chains work without ping tax (Aka that irritating Debilitate - Spring Attack, or Reaper's Shadow Burst or Valkyrie's Shining Crescent). Even in PVP context, it only benefits in ensuring that higher ping players get to play with less ping tax, and thus more skill. You must get pwned that is why you are complaining so much. Git gud.

I hesitate injecting (hah) myself into this argument, but PVP is a completely different animal than PVE. PVP has more interaction with the server itself compared to PVE. With how much Tera trusts the game client to send the server accurate info, the more skills and players you add to the mix, the more things will get weird when you start messing with skill timings.

Like you ever see someone teleporting all over in battlegrounds? That's most likely a high-ping player using skill-prediction to PVP. They dodge things they shouldn't and desync like mad. I mean, it'd happen to some degree anyway with high-ping, but normally the client/server interaction would tell the game client to STOP, WAIT FOR ME TO REPLY! instead of OK GOGOGO YOU OBVIOUSLY DODGED THAT!
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    yes. the "security" update that came out was nothing more than the removal of packet names. so opcodes have to be manually mapped. this is a major inconvenience for modules like skill prediction, seeing how they use so many packets, but it's still incredibly easy to make oneshot work. it literally takes 2 packets to abuse.
    I saw Pinkie and Bern talk about heuristics and decompiler so hopefully that's just temporary. It would suck to see skill prediction break or become harder to maintain putting more strain on kind players who help others but do nothing against exploits. I already saw someone memeslashing again today.

yes, pinki has already sort of come up with an automated process for mapping the packets. skill prediction is pretty much working in NA and EU, but any update is just more work to map the packets again.

Skill prediction and of coarse enrage announcement are fine by you people? Changing the nature of the game? making it a like a Tab-target and skill prediction that even works for pvp?

the real nature of the game is proven by looking at ktera. no one in ktera has high ping or even 30+ ping. and then you look at na tera and people have from like 5-300 ping. and you think that's okay? skill prediction is not a bad thing. it just makes it so you can play the game as it was meant to be played.

LOL, skill prediction is OK? You understand what comes to you and you iframe it sooner in PVP it is OK? You wanna act the same way with 300 ping with someone with 100 ping and I am idiotic?

Grow up.

Grow up would you? You have no idea what Skill Prediction is, its not predicting what other people will use on their skill. Its meant to ensure that chains work without ping tax (Aka that irritating Debilitate - Spring Attack, or Reaper's Shadow Burst or Valkyrie's Shining Crescent). Even in PVP context, it only benefits in ensuring that higher ping players get to play with less ping tax, and thus more skill. You must get pwned that is why you are complaining so much. Git gud.

I hesitate injecting (hah) myself into this argument, but PVP is a completely different animal than PVE. PVP has more interaction with the server itself compared to PVE. With how much Tera trusts the game client to send the server accurate info, the more skills and players you add to the mix, the more things will get weird when you start messing with skill timings.

Like you ever see someone teleporting all over in battlegrounds? That's most likely a high-ping player using skill-prediction to PVP. They dodge things they shouldn't and desync like mad. I mean, it'd happen to some degree anyway with high-ping, but normally the client/server interaction would tell the game client to STOP, WAIT FOR ME TO REPLY! instead of OK GOGOGO YOU OBVIOUSLY DODGED THAT!

With all due respect, I would strongly recommend you to use skill predictor before trying to even argue your point. Desyncing is already a problem in tera even without skill prediction. Heck, I could easily do that without anything, just look at Lancer's Shield bash-Onslaught, literally teleport through the boss. The skill predictor on the contrary, aims to reduce desyncs, as opposed to what you mentioned, deliberate desyncs. What they are actually doing is abusing different exploits, not related completely.
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    > With all due respect, I would strongly recommend you to use skill predictor before trying to even argue your point.

Lmaooo
  • AnotsuAnotsu ✭✭✭
    Vasy86le wrote: »
    Im happy to hear Proxy stop working, and now some players cry and say, we don`t wanna play again without proxy.. Someone say, why to not ban ppl from chicago because they have low ping, guys, they have low ping becasue they are closer to server like us, 1 ppl from eu(like me), can`t have ping 30 on NA server because distance, so is imposible, but if i want 30 ping i can play on EU, but, i don`t like eu so i still play on NA even with 150-200 ping and is ok, not perfect but ok. So , stop cry and play the game, not all ppl need to have low ping, because not all ppl live in Chicago.

That's the most ridiculous comment I've seen in a while.
    1. Proxy IS working, get your facts right, this "Security Patch" was nothing, and within a day it was already back and working on EU and then later on NA as well.
    2.No, nobody wants to play a game and suffer, you are in the wrong here. A solution is available but it's being ignored, let them kill us we're just peasants and only highborn people deserve to live. No. We have the right to complain, do you even know the different between 30 ping and 200?
    IT'S BIG. Why suffer when there's a solution right beside you? Ridiculous.
    3. Since you don't even know anything about Proxy or what's going on with it, you have no right to insult those who complain about it, first get your facts right before you speak of others.

Enjoy your 200 ping, be the hero of the high ping players, such a man you are suffering this ping. :clap:
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anotsu wrote: »
    Im happy to hear Proxy stop working, and now some players cry and say, we don`t wanna play again without proxy.. Someone say, why to not ban ppl from chicago because they have low ping, guys, they have low ping becasue they are closer to server like us, 1 ppl from eu(like me), can`t have ping 30 on NA server because distance, so is imposible, but if i want 30 ping i can play on EU, but, i don`t like eu so i still play on NA even with 150-200 ping and is ok, not perfect but ok. So , stop cry and play the game, not all ppl need to have low ping, because not all ppl live in Chicago.

1. Proxy IS working, get your facts right, this "Security Patch" was nothing, and within a day it was already back and working on EU and then later on NA as well.
    2.No, nobody wants to play a game and suffer, you are in the wrong here. A solution is available but it's being ignored, let them kill us we're just peasants and only highborn people deserve to live. No. We have the right to complain, do you even know the different between 30 ping and 200?
    3. Since you don't even know anything about Proxy or what's going on with it, you have no right to insult those who complain about it, first get your facts right before you speak of others.

Enjoy your 200 ping, be the hero of the high ping players, such a man you are suffering this ping. :clap:

yeah being reasonable and honest is so wrong in NA Tera, thanks for EME to keep ppl like you stay in it and even bullshet others.
  • AnotsuAnotsu ✭✭✭

yeah being reasonable and honest is so wrong in NA Tera, thanks for EME to keep ppl like you stay in it and even bullshet others.

Excuse me, you barely play the game, what do yo know?
    lYVVqWd.jpg

Keep your pathetic posts to yourself, you know nothing.

lYVVqWd.jpg

what would be your skilled dungeons without tools with 270 ms ping to 350 ms ping as Brawler? lol, posting that to prove I am right that you people would be the same as others without your tools, not being to run anything.

Also all the content is based on those dungeons? Also I am having my in game name and servers, that makes me again honest about how I play the game, you think that makes me look bad, you are wrong kiddo.
  • VindictingVindicting ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

lYVVqWd.jpg

what would be your skilled dungeons without tools with 270 ms ping to 350 ms ping as Brawler? lol, posting that to prove I am right that you people would be the same as others without your tools, not being to run anything.

Also all the content is based on those dungeons? Also I am having my in game name and servers, that makes me again honest about how I play the game, you think that makes me look bad, you are wrong kiddo.

I am skilled in every dungeon since MCHM back 5 years ago playing at 300 ping. When proxy was introduced mid RMHM patch I was already skilled in RMHM. So yes, everyone can clear hardest content at 300 ping without those tools, stop making excuses for being so [filtered] bad.
  • AnotsuAnotsu ✭✭✭

lYVVqWd.jpg

I know people with 300 ping that do VSHM no problem, I have 200 ping and I cleared hard content before.
    It's not even that, you're not doing the core dungeons that Tera has to offer, you clear the easiest dungeons the game has to offer, I wouldn't even call it easy, these dungeons are a joke, if you're playing the game for that then it would be best to assume that you have no idea what you're talking about at all, you have no right to speak about any of this as you barely know anything about it.
  • kubitoid wrote: »
    lYVVqWd.jpg

this isnt very informative coz we cant see actual number of cleans per dg, right?

that person most likely hasn't done any of VS / MM which is like.. basically the actual dungeons of this game..
    the biggest reason being that it's prbly a trap brawler xd.
    So if you could run what was all the crying and the hate for? let me understand why all this madness and crying? rofl.
  • StrawberrypantsStrawberrypants ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

Grow up.

With all due respect, I would strongly recommend you to use skill predictor before trying to even argue your point. Desyncing is already a problem in tera even without skill prediction. Heck, I could easily do that without anything, just look at Lancer's Shield bash-Onslaught, literally teleport through the boss. The skill predictor on the contrary, aims to reduce desyncs, as opposed to what you mentioned, deliberate desyncs. What they are actually doing is abusing different exploits, not related completely.

I never claimed desync wasn't a problem, just that SP can sometimes make it much worse depending on the circumstances of the user. I can spot a higher-ping SP user in PVP a mile away (even a low ping SP user is extremely obvious) it's not a magic pill that makes things perfect for everyone.

You can't code around the nature of the the internet.
  • You can't code around the nature of the the internet.
    Then explain why the other injector competing with SP fixed all of CC related PvP desync issues apparently months ago?
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    So if you could run what was all the crying and the hate for? let me understand why all this madness and crying? rofl.

Because I want to play at 100% of my potential but can't because I was born nowhere near Chicago?
    And now that there's a way to do that without hurting anyone else I'm an evil witch that deserves to burn, purely because EME and their supporters have no idea what they're talking about and vehemently refuse to inform themselves.
This discussion has been closed.