08/24/17 Server Maintenance and Security Update

Comments

• Although I was all for DPS meter, I can live with that knowing that I wont have to worry about pvp being completely destroyed by injectors and battlegrounds being exploited along with that. Thank you for stepping up to do this.. I agree it was necessary.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    N3PF5NGPD6 wrote: »
    Halrath wrote: »
    giving players an unfair advantage or creating an uneven playing field.

Maybe you should start banning low ping players then??? because low ping player get unfair advantage over high ping player and create 'uneven playing field' :thonking:

Work around, prediction, knowledge, honesty. when Tera started those tools weren't there and people were running everything just fine. Heck I was running things back then. and back then things was way harder and gearing was also way harder.
    Salvatori wrote: »
    What about those ppl who took advantage of exploit in the past few weeks and farmed HH, got full oblit and brooch without any effort? Are u guys going to track them or they will keep playing with things that they don't really won.

I mean, i know at least a dozen who went full oblit + brooch in the last couple weeks using memeslash. But I can't report them because they're carefull and I couldn't took prints.

Btw, i have nicks if u guys want to check their logs and see that they was cheating.

They did track some as @Spacecats said, but yeah better find those. hateful messages inc.
  • @Salvatori You can still submit a ticket with their in-game name and what they were doing when it happened, approximate time of date, etc. File it as a 'report player' ticket, and they will look into their logs and take appropriate action. I've done it numerous times when I was unable to take screenshots of their exploits.
  • DPS meter is already working, and all the proxy devs are memeing on Discord about how the only reason it doesn't work is because none of them can be bothered updating it....
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    Work around, prediction, knowledge, honesty. when Tera started those tools weren't there and people were running everything just fine. Heck I was running things back then. and back then things was way harder and gearing was also way harder.

@LesbianVi
    Most of us has been around since the old days, without proxy or meter. But progressively this game is getting worse and worse. What I mean is I remember 3 years ago I can do nexus just fine, yes it is laggy, yes frames drop, but no I don't crash. Now I can't even do rally without yea im not gonna say anythng but yall know what I mean becuase the game would just crash, and crash again if I reopen.

And remember when rapid fire was just a filler? Remember when we had no gunners or ninjas?

Yea tera was okay back in the days, even without proxy, but now it is just cancerous to play without it, especially after getting a taste of that sweet low ping rapid fire that is actually rapid.
  • AzuraRa wrote: »
    Can someone explain me please what is memeslash? Is it a kind of program or just a word?
    I hear it almost everywhere and can't figure out what da heck is this

Someone made a proxy script that caused Valkyrie's Dreamslash attack to oneshot pretty much anything. Hence the name Memeslash. Since it was introduced ~3-4 weeks ago there have been an uptick of players using this. People farming HH, spamming hardmodes, winning CU:V, oneshotting gates in CS, etc etc. using memeslash to carry themselves.

This is also where the "doomzone" thing came from, you may have seen it in global. Someone else made another proxy script that pretends to be the memeslash hack but instead posts a message in global and teleports your character to an invalid zone so you can't use it anymore.
  • AzuraRa wrote: »
    Can someone explain me please what is memeslash? Is it a kind of program or just a word?
    I hear it almost everywhere and can't figure out what da heck is this

Someone made a proxy script that caused Valkyrie's Dreamslash attack to oneshot pretty much anything. Hence the name Memeslash. Since it was introduced ~3-4 weeks ago there have been an uptick of players using this. People farming HH, spamming hardmodes, winning CU:V, oneshotting gates in CS, etc etc. using memeslash to carry themselves.

This is also where the "doomzone" thing came from, you may have seen it in global. Someone else made another proxy script that pretends to be the memeslash hack but instead posts a message in global and teleports your character to an invalid zone so you can't use it anymore.

Don't forget the
    I am a cheater and I Memeslash/Banslash all day everyday
    xbJkY.jpg
    @TankyHealer that is why I made the prior post, but lets be honest, things was outta hands, the line between players that actually can run stuff and those which are able to run with stuff only was gone. this needed to happen. if they would have let Noesis doing it, basis on basis, we wouldn't be here. still if you could run things, you can still run things.

But I agree BHS, gonna fix those know matters as I people and me mentioned a bit of it.
  • Salvatori wrote: »
    What about those ppl who took advantage of exploit in the past few weeks and farmed HH, got full oblit and brooch without any effort? Are u guys going to track them or they will keep playing with things that they don't really won.

I mean, i know at least a dozen who went full oblit + brooch in the last couple weeks using memeslash. But I can't report them because they're carefull and I couldn't took prints.

Btw, i have nicks if u guys want to check their logs and see that they was cheating.

The only way to deal with such situation would be a patch rollback, and that wouldn't be appreciated by the whole playerbase.
  • gibgib ✭✭✭
    yikes too bad this isnt gonna do anything
  • 6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    Salvatori wrote: »

The only way to deal with such situation would be a patch rollback, and that wouldn't be appreciated by the whole playerbase.

What about a "pach rollfoward" skip that roullete patch and go straight to the new gear system?... :pensive:
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    @TankyHealer that is why I made the prior post, but lets be honest, things was outta hands, the line between players that actually can run stuff and those which are able to run with stuff only was gone. this needed to happen. if they would have let Noesis doing it, basis on basis, we wouldn't be here. still if you could run things, you can still run things.

But I agree BHS, gonna fix those know matters as I people and me mentioned a bit of it.

It's just sad to be honest. Proxy is a powerful tool and it really depends on the person that is using it, and most of the people that used it are for ping and frames purposes which is something Bluehole failed to fix after all these years. Stop memeslash? Yes please. Completely get rid of proxy to stop memeslash? Who are you even kidding.
  • @PossiblyLost thank you for explaining!
    Now I understand why my server is really almost dead most of time.
    Cheaters... Everywhere >_<
This discussion has been closed.