08/24/17 Server Maintenance and Security Update

Comments

• EME going full [filtered] yet again

congrats, you just killed your own game
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    The saddest part is that even K TERA suffers from the same latency-related problems as other regions, but because SK is geographically tiny, the overall effect on the game is small.

A commonly experienced bug/glitch is when you fight a boss and its attacks hit you before the animation goes through. It's really obvious whenever you do something like VHH or MM, especially during enrages. On multi-hit boss attacks, the later hits will register before the boss actually animates. In the new RK-9 Hanger this means that non-brawler tanks plainly cannot read and react to one of the attack patterns.

It's really quite simple. Many small issues like this exist, and are manageable in K TERA, but become amplified with increasing latency as experienced by players in other regions. BHS clearly doesn't care about this - actually, practically no Korean devs make specific networking adjustments for international releases. So all that players can do is make their own solutions.

In the middle of their failed crusade against serious, game-breaking exploits, they've now severely inconvenienced these player-made solutions, while doing practically nothing against their stated 'intended targets'. BHS heard the complaints loud and clear, and weren't competent enough to provide an actual fix.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @czczcz That should be the focus of community, force them to listen, workaround is a not good idea, those tools ruined the face of good players, pro players, honest players, you couldn't say who could really run content, who is doing it in a healthy way, who wasn't.

Now that this applied. EME should know the struggles of players, people ignoring my post at early that I said fix those issues, fixing those issues from the basic that will help all, not some and will not ruin anything for anyone. But I don't think the bunch we see here are looking for fixing issues, and those Devs are not looking for the issues to be solved.

Make threads, mention possible solutions for matters that needs to be addressed, skills like Onslaught, Spring Attack for lancers, Skills such as RF, Slayers in general, but as I said problem is, people not really looking for fixes, they want that easy way, that cheap way, remember RM, that can tell plenty to us what we are facing in these kind of threads.

Few want fix from basics by EME/BHS, others, well we know now their intentions.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Simple salts we got from Argons can't compare to some salts we got here lol.

Dude, they're not salty. They want to play the game they like playing so much. And [filtered] ping really makes it hard to do so. You really don't support the players of this game nor do you care for them.
    Sure your mind is occupied enough by the easy and boring content but not everyone with high ping is so easily entertained. Some people like more of a challenge and the fact that they're not able to enjoy this game to the fullest is sad and disappointing.
    Also, the memeslash hasn't been fixed, so, bravo to that. The players you should actually want to be gone aren't. :clap:

I support players, I said fix those stuff.

Do you want me to agree with those players? I won't, why? do you really think they were shutting down all their stuff when getting to PVP? have you seen and know what injector does to PVP? Have you played CS? have you played FWC? Have you tried to reach an Archer which is using an injector for better RF they say?

they wanna be the same with 300 ping with someone with 100 ms ping? Are they that stupid and want me to give them a hug? All these craps we heard when Noesis announced it, they wanna leave the game, leave the game, that is gonna do good for other honest players, why? 1st, these toxic players that couldn't run anything without 3rd party tools are gone now, look at them, they keep bashing me like oh that is gonna help their cause, these players are the ones that are harsh to most new players, so they are gone better than community.

Also, BHS realizes the truth that NA and EU got issues because they are having ping and FPS issue and start to work on it.

You can all hate me all you want, you are not the majority, the majority are in the game, they worked together and did event, they will get to work together, you won't kill the game, you won't kill the forums by leaving, you killed the game, killed PVE, killed PVP, killed newcomers to the game buy using 3rd party programs and gaining advantages and then act like you are so pro and others are too bad.

These kind of players leaving do way more good for the games, so door is open, leave, if you wanna stay, adopt and learn and be constructive and productive, no salt, no cheat.

Oh hey. I am part of the "majority" of the players. I can tell you that if these 3rd party programs users were to quit, you probably won't even be able to queue for dungeons, let alone HH raids or PVP.

A 300ms wanting to be even with someone of 50ms ping, yes please. I would rather the even playing field, than ill-gotten advantages just from the location of the player yea. You supporting players? Please, you barely know nuts about them. From what I know, most PVP players don't Tera well either, so you can continue kissing their [filtered].
  • LesbianVi wrote: »

Dude, they're not salty. They want to play the game they like playing so much. And [filtered] ping really makes it hard to do so. You really don't support the players of this game nor do you care for them.
    Sure your mind is occupied enough by the easy and boring content but not everyone with high ping is so easily entertained. Some people like more of a challenge and the fact that they're not able to enjoy this game to the fullest is sad and disappointing.
    Also, the memeslash hasn't been fixed, so, bravo to that. The players you should actually want to be gone aren't. :clap:

Do you want me to agree with those players? I won't, why? do you really think they were shutting down all their stuff when getting to PVP? have you seen and know what injector does to PVP? Have you played CS? have you played FWC? Have you tried to reach an Archer which is using an injector for better RF they say?

they wanna be the same with 300 ping with someone with 100 ms ping? Are they that stupid and want me to give them a hug? All these craps we heard when Noesis announced it, they wanna leave the game, leave the game, that is gonna do good for other honest players, why? 1st, these toxic players that couldn't run anything without 3rd party tools are gone now, look at them, they keep bashing me like oh that is gonna help their cause, these players are the ones that are harsh to most new players, so they are gone better than community.

Also, BHS realizes the truth that NA and EU got issues because they are having ping and FPS issue and start to work on it.

You can all hate me all you want, you are not the majority, the majority are in the game, they worked together and did event, they will get to work together, you won't kill the game, you won't kill the forums by leaving, you killed the game, killed PVE, killed PVP, killed newcomers to the game buy using 3rd party programs and gaining advantages and then act like you are so pro and others are too bad.

These kind of players leaving do way more good for the games, so door is open, leave, if you wanna stay, adopt and learn and be constructive and productive, no salt, no cheat.

Oh hey. I am part of the "majority" of the players. I can tell you that if these 3rd party programs users were to quit, you probably won't even be able to queue for dungeons, let alone HH raids or PVP.

A 300ms wanting to be even with someone of 50ms ping, yes please. I would rather the even playing field, than ill-gotten advantages just from the location of the player yea. You supporting players? Please, you barely know nuts about them. From what I know, most PVP players don't Tera well either, so you can continue kissing their [filtered].

LesbianVi I had play this game since it went f2p. I play almost 4 years with 220 ping doing everything the game has to offer. I use the proxy when i find out of it for improving my "ping" not for getting advantage and kill things in 1 shot. Theres honest ppl that only uses that proxy for ping related issues. If u want a dead game...fine by me. My girlfriend just left and i...well.....seems like im going to take that road too. U don t play the game as we do, u are not even a casual player, u are a [filtered] rat, and a troll. Well, peace ppl, was nice playing with u all.
  • This game has some really serious exploits that have been in the game since FoA. They were never fixed. The whole "proxy" drama only made them more public, but most of the really nasty ones could be fixed if BHS really had the intention to do so. They dont. This was a placebo fix just so u feel that the problem is being delt.
    Like, really guys, there is a oneshot exploit that was made public. THINK ABOUT IT.
    IN A MMORPG that gearing/getting rich is the main end game content
    THERE IS A ONESHOT EXPLOIT.
    In everyother serious game, this would have been delt in the first day, shutting down servers till it gets fixed (which should be fixed in a day btw).
    BHS doesnt give a [filtered] about tera, wake up.
  • AnotsuAnotsu ✭✭✭

LesbianVi I had play this game since it went f2p. I play almost 4 years with 220 ping doing everything the game has to offer. I use the proxy when i find out of it for improving my "ping" not for getting advantage and kill things in 1 shot. Theres honest ppl that only uses that proxy for ping related issues. If u want a dead game...fine by me. My girlfriend just left and i...well.....seems like im going to take that road too. U don t play the game as we do, u are not even a casual player, u are a [filtered] rat, and a troll. Well, peace ppl, was nice playing with u all.

Well said boy, well said.

I don't play the game as you do, that is very true, you ppl say proxy is good, on EU, Ktera they are glad proxy is gone, keep calling me rat, troll, or whatever, it only shows your true colors.

Go on, attack lesbianvi, that might fix your inability of doing stuff w/o using stuff.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    @czczcz That should be the focus of community, force them to listen, workaround is a not good idea, those tools ruined the face of good players, pro players, honest players, you couldn't say who could really run content, who is doing it in a healthy way, who wasn't.

Now that this applied. EME should know the struggles of players, people ignoring my post at early that I said fix those issues, fixing those issues from the basic that will help all, not some and will not ruin anything for anyone. But I don't think the bunch we see here are looking for fixing issues, and those Devs are not looking for the issues to be solved.

Make threads, mention possible solutions for matters that needs to be addressed, skills like Onslaught, Spring Attack for lancers, Skills such as RF, Slayers in general, but as I said problem is, people not really looking for fixes, they want that easy way, that cheap way, remember RM, that can tell plenty to us what we are facing in these kind of threads.

OK, you hold them down and I'll beat them with a baseball bat until they listen. What you don't seem to understand is that these issues have been in Tera since the very start. 5 years now. Not only have they not fixed anything, they've actively made it worse. With every patch, dungeons got more and more mechanics/attacks that rely on low ping. But, hey, I'm sure that now they'll listen since you are making the suggestion. It's not like the rest of us have been trying it for years. I mean, people have been asking for a dps meter since Tera's release and, look, it's only going to take them 6 years to get there. Another 60 and we might have all the fixes.
    TWMagimay wrote: »

OK, you hold them down and I'll beat them with a baseball bat until they listen. What you don't seem to understand is that these issues have been in Tera since the very start. 5 years now. Not only have they not fixed anything, they've actively made it worse. With every patch, dungeons got more and more mechanics/attacks that rely on low ping. But, hey, I'm sure that now they'll listen since you are making the suggestion. It's not like the rest of us have been trying it for years. I mean, people have been asking for a dps meter since Tera's release and, look, it's only going to take them 6 years to get there. Another 60 and we might have all the fixes.

So what? Am I at fault here? then again that should allow people to win all CS matches? because with proxy and injectors you move over gates, so it should be fine that Archers with injectors and proxy in FWC and Grid wreck everyone?

This needed to happen 5 years ago, and the matters should have solved throughout, no one disagree on that, but here these players are not looking for solution for all, they are looking for that advantage, they were happy about it, LesbianVi not agree with them having advantage, so lets name call the heck outta her that might lead BHS to let us use those stuff.

wake up forums, I am not the manager of BHS, or anything, if I was, I would have turned Tera and forums to a crying therapy MMO.
  • gibgib ✭✭✭
    gib wrote: »

injector and proxy isnt killing the game. lack of official support for injector and proxy is killing the game. i can almost guarantee you that the majority of the players have used proxy at one point. if you havent then you are missing out.

eme and bhs have too big of an ego to understand that these third party devs know the game better than them, but they are too stubborn to work with them. so really, eme and bhs are killing their own game.

do you understand?

Do you understand that using those ruining the game for others that don't use them?

This is so funny, Devs know the game more? Why don't Devs not gathering together and go make a MMO? Why you don't you all that thinks are the majority of Tera player base are not supporting them to make the right MMO for you players.

We are not talking about BHS not fixing things, I was always vocal about BHS being lazy, no one more than me made threads about that on many occasion, none of you people appear there, but the moment cheating becomes the target, you all appear.

If you people cared for game and not just using stuff, you would make a thread, you all gather there and give feedback and possible fixes and solutions, no dear, that is not what you people want.

those not using proxy are doing so by choice. there is literally no downside to using these tools. i don't see how it's ruining the game? they're just improving their playing experience?

its indisputable that the third party devs know the game better than bhs and eme lol... meishuu fixed ping tax in a few days when bhs couldnt do it in years. the "security update" that was made is a joke.

but yes, continue playing eme tera when the only players left are you and elinusagi. it will be fun, no? only honest players enjoying a very much alive game?

are you blind? there has been dozens of threads talking about how we want the game to be fixed. we care for the game, but its obvious that bluehole and enmasse don't care for their game. because they're not listening.

we've made threads. all the time. we've talked about everything they have to fix. and they say "thanks. we'll forward this to bhs". and they never do. do you think that we're okay with this? why else would we take things into our own hands.

• czczczczczcz ✭✭✭
    So what? Am I at fault here? then again that should allow people to win all CS matches? because with proxy and injectors you move over gates, so it should be fine that Archers with injectors and proxy in FWC and Grid wreck everyone?

For the uninformed, this is doable without the proxy. Just the base game allows you to do this...
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »

This needed to happen 5 years ago, and the matters should have solved throughout, no one disagree on that, but here these players are not looking for solution for all, they are looking for that advantage, they were happy about it, LesbianVi not agree with them having advantage, so lets name call the heck outta her that might lead BHS to let us use those stuff.

wake up forums, I am not the manager of BHS, or anything, if I was, I would have turned Tera and forums to a crying therapy MMO.

But you were just talking about how players didn't ask for those fixes and instead went for injector because they are lazy. Can you pick a stance and stick to it instead of moving the goal post every time your argument gets destroyed?
  • I think that the devs on bhs are way to coc*y about their own game, they wont listen to the community and they wont do any proper fix, thinking that the game has the "best combat system" they will stick to that, make a hot fix or two to "fix" things for a couple of days maybe and that's it, tera has an incredible potential, yet it lacks devs who actually try to do something for the game, look at this example, warframe was third person shooter, for years, ppl started getting bored with it, they introduced lately an open world system, and the game is going high again, in here: Tera is dying? oh okay, here get a new skimpy costume to show off ur bouncy [filtered] on ur female gender lock classes and get out. This wont progress unless bhs gives more rights to enmasse and eu, or they sell their game, as it is now, all we can do is keep playing and dealing with the meme slash, banning an idiot who tries to use sp cus playing with 200 ms sucks, and well what else am i missing? hh and cu once a week to get some shiny golds lmao
  • edited August 2017
    gib wrote: »
    there is literally no downside to using these tools. i don't see how it's ruining the game? they're just improving their playing experience?

Just to be perfectly fair, this is not entirely true. You're talking about a framework that can be used for a huge number of different things. It can be used for "good". It can be used for "evil". And the reason this sort of action is taking place is not primarily because of the "good" things -- it's because there's been an increase in the number of "bad" things it is also used for. It's true that some of the bad things are still possible a different way using different tools, or that maybe things will be "fixed" so that bad things can still occur. But at the same time, it's not at all fair to act like the technology can only possibly be used for good things that "improve the playing experience." It's a more sympathetic argument, but it's not looking at the entire picture.

If there ever were going to be a discussion about these issues, it would have to be done with eyes wide open -- to look honestly at both the good and the bad that the tools have brought. For my part, I've expressed to EME that it's important for BHS to not only focus on the DPS Meter (which they've said they'd work on, and even K-TERA wants), but also the ping/latency skill fixes that most benefit our region. If they could make these two changes, it would eliminate the two most common gaps that commonly-support the argument for these tools. But in the meantime, given the bad things also going on, it isn't surprising they will take this and likely further action.
This discussion has been closed.