[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Account Bound Mounts!

Please, come on, stop making everything character bound. We shouldn't have to wait 6-8months+ for these mounts to go on an account bound sale because you're phasing them out........start introducing these flying mounts that have both character AND account bound options, and please introduce account bound options for the newer mounts you've already put in the store recently.
Is this really too much to ask?

Comments

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree. I don't care if the account bounds have the extra perks or not. I feel its a rip off paying 50 dollars for a character mount when we used to buy account bound mounts for less. im not boycotting or protesting eme, but I know I wont buy anymore mounts unless they are account bound , and if I like the mount lol. I understand that eme needs to make their money and all, but it has been getting a little out of hand as far as availability for mounts. the sky cycle mount isn't available to buy out right. the bone dragons aren't. loot boxes are too much money and the odds aren't in our favor. some people have good luck , but what about the ones that paid 100 or more only to get trash instead of the mount. also its not like we will ever own the stuff we buy. when tera closes its doors for good, that's it. you don't own anything in the game. I would like to see it where when tera does close down, they make it a stand alone game where you can buy it and keep all the stuff you bought for the game. or if nothing else, make available the stl files so that we can print the characters as a momento.
  • It's bad enough I have to pay per character on cosmetics, but now mounts?

I won't pay for single character mounts, save for my pink bun bun mount, but even then it was only for one toon.
    I deleted two characters and re leveled them to get the free flying mounts. And then I played that other game for the free pink wolf mount.

And I noticed that with Tera you can only get the special items (one with stats and combat benefits, and dyeable outfits) from paid loot boxes. I don't do loot boxes.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was always told that if a business doesn't listen to you, it will listen to your money.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was always told that if a business doesn't listen to you, it will listen to your money.

Good luck with that as a fair chunk of the playerbase doesn't come to the forums, and trying to spread a message in-game is likely to invite... "undesirables".
  • HwasaHwasa ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I totally agree. I don't care if the account bounds have the extra perks or not. I feel its a rip off paying 50 dollars for a character mount when we used to buy account bound mounts for less. im not boycotting or protesting eme, but I know I wont buy anymore mounts unless they are account bound , and if I like the mount lol. I understand that eme needs to make their money and all, but it has been getting a little out of hand as far as availability for mounts. the sky cycle mount isn't available to buy out right. the bone dragons aren't. loot boxes are too much money and the odds aren't in our favor. some people have good luck , but what about the ones that paid 100 or more only to get trash instead of the mount. also its not like we will ever own the stuff we buy. when tera closes its doors for good, that's it. you don't own anything in the game. I would like to see it where when tera does close down, they make it a stand alone game where you can buy it and keep all the stuff you bought for the game. or if nothing else, make available the stl files so that we can print the characters as a momento.
    LilMsQTay wrote: »
    It's bad enough I have to pay per character on cosmetics, but now mounts?

I won't pay for single character mounts, save for my pink bun bun mount, but even then it was only for one toon.
    I deleted two characters and re leveled them to get the free flying mounts. And then I played that other game for the free pink wolf mount.

And I noticed that with Tera you can only get the special items (one with stats and combat benefits, and dyeable outfits) from paid loot boxes. I don't do loot boxes.

I couldn't agree more. I will never spend 30 or 50 bucks for a character mount, that's insanity.
    I also understand EME needs to make money, and I don't want to come off as if I don't understand that they're a business that needs to make money. I just don't understand why they are now introducing character mounts only at prices higher than what we used to pay for ACCOUNT BOUND mounts.
    If you guys are in need of more money, charging 50 bucks for a character mount isn't going to save you, and will actually turn many of us off from ever buying mounts.

To be honest, whenever i see a new mount being released nowadays I have ZERO excitement, since I know they're all going to be character bound. -sigh-
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hwasa wrote: »
    LilMsQTay wrote: »
    It's bad enough I have to pay per character on cosmetics, but now mounts?

I couldn't agree more. I will never spend 30 or 50 bucks for a character mount, that's insanity.
    I also understand EME needs to make money, and I don't want to come off as if I don't understand that they're a business that needs to make money. I just don't understand why they are now introducing character mounts only at prices higher than what we used to pay for ACCOUNT BOUND mounts.
    If you guys are in need of more money, charging 50 bucks for a character mount isn't going to save you, and will actually turn many of us off from ever buying mounts.

To be honest, whenever i see a new mount being released nowadays I have ZERO excitement, since I know they're all going to be character bound. -sigh-

Yes, I mentioned this on another topic about account bound costumes.
    There's a lot of considerations, like making stuff untradeable or not, pricing and such. But even if we take out the entire deal of the account bounds, and look at normal costumes now, I feel like they're getting progressively more expensive. If the lack of an account bound option is already bad, paying for a character only version at the account bound version's price is a problem on it's own.

And I frankly do not understand how it's any good for them to increase pricing of these stuff, if you consider that after the development cost, the rest of the costume/mount specific cost is 0, since they already have to keep the servers running for the game. I would expect more people buying a costume if it was cheaper, same with mounts, and don't understand why the pricing gets progressively higher instead of just betting on selling more.
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    And I frankly do not understand how it's any good for them to increase pricing of these stuff, if you consider that after the development cost, the rest of the costume/mount specific cost is 0, since they already have to keep the servers running for the game. I would expect more people buying a costume if it was cheaper, same with mounts, and don't understand why the pricing gets progressively higher instead of just betting on selling more.

Well, the price has nothing to do with the cost strictly to make the cosmetic item, since this is the way they pay for everything else (the servers, the staff, the programmers, the artists, etc. etc.). I'm sure they've done a calculation to figure out the optimal price point -- if they lower the price, they will sell more, but make less per sale, so there's an optimal middle ground. My guess is that they found the majority who pay (vs. the majority who get things on the broker) are willing to pay more, and that once people have account-bound mounts the desire to buy character mounts (even on the broker) goes down.

But anyway, I won't generally buy character-bound mounts either, so I guess I'm another case-in-point.
  • ElinLove wrote: »

I also think more people would buy things if the prices were reasonable, especially on mounts.
    Example:

Character Bound Dragon mounts from the store are basically either $40 A PIECE, or saving nine months worth of Elite EMP. ($15x9 months of Elite=$135.00.)
    Lets say, at those prices, 10-15 people out of 100, or 100-150 people out of 1000 would obtain a dragon mount from one of those two methods.

If you you lowered the character bound Dragon/Bunny mounts prices to $20 (or 2199emp), and introduced ACCOUNT bound Dragon/Bunny mounts at $40 (3999), I'd say 25-50 people out of 100, and 250- 500 out of 1000 would obtain a dragon mount from either saving elite emp or buying them out right.

So yes, the gap is wider, and in the short term you might not get as much money with people buying account bound vs. multiple character bound. But in the mid-long term you'd earn more money just because more people would be buying them. There is a VERY limited number of people who would spend 80 bucks for two character bound mounts........but the number of people who would spend 40 for an account bound mount, or 80 for TWO account bound dragons, is way higher.

Also, eventually put lootbox-only mounts in the store.(unless they're special reskins, since reskins don't cost nearly as much time/manpower to make)
    What a waste of design time/hours to make something completely new like those beautiful Jetcycles just for next to no one to have them in-game!?! To me, it seems like a waste of money and manpower on your end.