About Mystel's raffle....

News post says that standard En Masse contest rules apply. and those rules say that it's open only to residents of USA, Canada and Mexico. I'm just being curious, don't you think it's kinda lame that people from Europe or Asia spend money on your game but can't participate in this lottery?
@Spacecats, @Denommenator, @Halrath, @Seandynamite
«13

Comments

  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is really wise to send more players away from NA Tera and kill it even faster.
  • It is not up to them but federal regulations... come on guys, we go through this EVERY time.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every single contest they have someone complains about this. It's called federal laws, my dude, you want EME to personally ask your government(s) to allow these things? Like, it includes Canada but not Quebec, cause Quebec is governed under its own laws when it comes to lottos-- you'd think being a resident of those places that you'd understand these things better than most?

    ya'll out here thinking EME is some government body and not some dinky little game publishing company
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardire wrote: »
    Every single contest they have someone complains about this. It's called federal laws, my dude, you want EME to personally ask your government(s) to allow these things? Like, it includes Canada but not Quebec, cause Quebec is governed under its own laws when it comes to lottos-- you'd think being a resident of those places that you'd understand these things better than most?

    ya'll out here thinking EME is some government body and not some dinky little game publishing company

    it is about encouraging players to buy EMP, right? it is not a contest to send drawings and win things. They could simply plan it in a way that all players could participate and even make more profit.

    It is a complain about that.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Ardire wrote: »
    Every single contest they have someone complains about this. It's called federal laws, my dude, you want EME to personally ask your government(s) to allow these things? Like, it includes Canada but not Quebec, cause Quebec is governed under its own laws when it comes to lottos-- you'd think being a resident of those places that you'd understand these things better than most?

    ya'll out here thinking EME is some government body and not some dinky little game publishing company

    Most people don't know how their government works due to the mindset that politics is "pointless" even though it controls every aspect of their life. It's easier to just yell at someone else.
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Yeah, it is really wise to send more players away from NA Tera and kill it even faster.

    Non-NA are a minority, and the amount of people within that group to quit over something their government prevents is even smaller. By the way, not even all Americans or Canadians get to participate anyways due to state/province regulations.

    "Entrants residing in the States of North Dakota, Vermont, Connecticut or Maryland in the United States, the Province of Quebec in Canada are not eligible to participate in this Contest."
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    it is about encouraging players to buy EMP, right? it is not a contest to send drawings and win things. They could simply plan it in a way that all players could participate and even make more profit.

    It is a complain about that.

    The contest is literally a lottery, you're using EMP to purchase lotto tickets and actual currency (in the form of EMP) is in the potential prize pool. So no matter how you spin it it's a lottery contest so it falls under specific set of government set rules that EME legally needs to abide by.

    You wanna complain go call in your nearest head of government.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Ardire wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    it is about encouraging players to buy EMP, right? it is not a contest to send drawings and win things. They could simply plan it in a way that all players could participate and even make more profit.

    It is a complain about that.

    The contest is literally a lottery, you're using EMP to purchase lotto tickets and actual currency (in the form of EMP) is in the potential prize pool. So no matter how you spin it it's a lottery contest so it falls under specific set of government set rules that EME legally needs to abide by.

    You wanna complain go call in your nearest head of government.

    You people understand the players which are asking about these are costumers, right?

    This complain is not, oh no I am gonna stop playing or paying, it is just gives the cold feet, and yeah lots of those cold feet made the game less populated. This thread just saying EME should put a system that works for everyone, not a demand, just a suggestion and it is a good one cause happy costumers are the ones staying around.

    It is not just a complain or discussing rules, about system that could work for everyone so more players could participate. Hopefully later they come up with a new one so it could work out for more players.

    also @Yamazuki minority? I bet there are more EU players than NA players on NA Tera, cause when EU players are not around, game looks way more dead lol
  • Well ... it is the NA server.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like talking to a brick wall. Jesus. They literally and legally cannot do it. Maybe if they took away the EMP prize, perhaps? Since it's the only actual currency prize. But what, EME are to never offer EMP as a prize for any contest ever again just so the minority country folk can participate? l o l that's not happening, EMP has been a grand prize in multiple events for years, no doubt long before you even started playing.

    I'm not sure what words you're not understanding here. Laws? Government? Politics?
  • berrymilkberrymilk ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    XD sooo.. the contest is rng yet you guys get mad? No one learn from previous rng. And the items listed I have or 3x over this is a nice emp store purchasing event but i wouldnt get mad over something like this. If your an over seas player always expect a hard spot for the game because its not your regeon thats like me complaning on jtera about there emp event and im from NA
  • I really don't get it the complaint about this "event" unless you really do like blowing money and this is your gigs. To even participate, you literally have to throw money at your screen, and for rewards that you could get easily or probably have already. The grand prize is gonna be only for three people, and if you're wondering of spending more to up your chance of winning. With the amount of money you spent to procure that chance, you might've already accumulated to that amount already. I don't know about you guys, but event where I have to spend money to "have fun" to get something out of it, is not really my thing. Though, whatever the case maybe, I won't judge. You guys who felt left out because you couldn't swipe mommy's credit card, should just keep quiet about where y'all from.
  • I agree with most of what ReaperElena said....not even interested or enticed about this raffle event.
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    Ardire wrote: »
    It's like talking to a brick wall. Jesus. They literally and legally cannot do it. Maybe if they took away the EMP prize, perhaps? Since it's the only actual currency prize. But what, EME are to never offer EMP as a prize for any contest ever again just so the minority country folk can participate? l o l that's not happening, EMP has been a grand prize in multiple events for years, no doubt long before you even started playing.

    I'm not sure what words you're not understanding here. Laws? Government? Politics?

    Hm. That's weird considering during the kyras catalyst event you could win emp and eu people weren't excluded. Is it because people become eligible for the raffle only with their credit cards?

    Kyra's catalyst were obtainable In-game so that is the reason why everyone had a chance to win that EMP jackpot. Since this is through buying EMP exclusively, State and Country laws having to do with Lottery prizes comes into play.
  • Akizero wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Ardire wrote: »
    It's like talking to a brick wall. Jesus. They literally and legally cannot do it. Maybe if they took away the EMP prize, perhaps? Since it's the only actual currency prize. But what, EME are to never offer EMP as a prize for any contest ever again just so the minority country folk can participate? l o l that's not happening, EMP has been a grand prize in multiple events for years, no doubt long before you even started playing.

    I'm not sure what words you're not understanding here. Laws? Government? Politics?

    Hm. That's weird considering during the kyras catalyst event you could win emp and eu people weren't excluded. Is it because people become eligible for the raffle only with their credit cards?

    Kyra's catalyst were obtainable In-game so that is the reason why everyone had a chance to win that EMP jackpot. Since this is through buying EMP exclusively, State and Country laws having to do with Lottery prizes comes into play.

    Yup, this particular event clearly falls into the "contest" category so they have to apply the appropriate legal restrictions. Considering Gameforge has the exclusive license for TERA PC in the EU, EME can't very well design contests that welcome EU entrants. Trying to abide by all the laws of all the other countries in the world people may live in would be an enormous undertaking, because contest laws are amazingly diverse and complex.

    Catalysts aren't considered a "contest" (since there's no "drawing" for winners) and, as you say, because you can earn them in-game it's impractical to apply country restrictions.

    I can see the argument that EME shouldn't run promotions that have to exclude certain parts of their global audience. But it's also true that, given that they decide to do this kind of promotion, they would have to follow the contest rules.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I also agree with most of what ReaperElena said and have little interest in this raffle
    and can understand where they stand with the legalities of raffle laws and yes it prob would have been set up another way (but I still don't think id be interested in this one)
    but really this "its NA's server's [filtered]" , is getting thin
    NA's region base is officially
    The following regions and countries are able to access the En Masse North American Servers: North America, South America, Europe, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Micronesia, Melanesia, Polynesia, Northern Mariana Islands, Malta, Netherland Antilles, Israel, Cyprus, Turkey, and Georgia.
    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/playing-tera-outside-of-north-america
    and to quote NA elitists
    if you don't like that go play something else
Sign In or Register to comment.