Tera on consoles in 2018, no cross platform, other news

Beta in 2017, final version in 2018
Separate servers for both PS4 and Xbox (no cross-platform between Sony and Microsoft too)
EDIT: First build is going to be a few patches behind, but eventually will catch up with PC
UI revamp for better gamepad support but amount of class skills most likely same as original
No info about resolution/fps/performance of final product yet

Source (look for comments section too):
http://www.geekscape.net/pax-west-2017-sneak-peek-with-en-masse-entertainment

Comments

• beta for the next months, release next year, no crossover servers.

why even bother any more. ( i mainly cared for the latter as crossover servers would add population, not divide it)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Seikilos wrote: »
    beta for the next months, release next year, no crossover servers.

why even bother any more. ( i mainly cared for the latter as crossover servers would add population, not divide it)

Well, not crossover servers between consoles is sad. I can understand they don't want to expose new console players to PC version toxicity but I don't think ps4 or xbox population can be healthy when those kind of players jump from game to game more often than PC players.

I think this kind of news make Tera on Consoles future kind of grim.
  • Just as disappointing as expected xd
  • rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    warframe did it and theres no problems its like being on dif servers with no server transfers.
  • when you say all content, are you talking about alliance, the original island of dawn, or what we have now in the game currently?
    also, with it not being cross platform servers, I kinda get the feeling the population will drastically decrease. I hope im wrong, but unless bhs pulls a rabbit out of its hat and saves the pc platform, consoles may be the only way to play tera this time next year.
  • are we going to have any official word from eme on this or do we have to go to other sources now for info on tera?
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seikilos wrote: »
    beta for the next months, release next year, no crossover servers.

Smite had the same thing when hit consoles, players could play the game on their console and not their PC, actually console got more favored after awhile so HiRez really had a good profit, so BHS will prob have good profit but can't say the same thing about players tho. But I think console players will be happier to play on console when Tera PC is lackluster when it comes to performance.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    are we going to have any official word from eme on this or do we have to go to other sources now for info on tera?

I think they get to do this after PAX and when they got ready to post, so we will be hearing the news after console release :3
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    No cross server? As predicted and expected
  • With no crossover it's dead on arrival.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    rexoe wrote: »
    warframe did it and theres no problems its like being on dif servers with no server transfers.

Don't forget also no IMS/BGs. Wait for when you've got all the console players enough to make a match instead of just entering cause well... less players than could be.

Could this be because of the on-line systems the consoles use or something else?
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    options and menu tress had to be reconfigured and mapped to a controller.
    The menu’s were completely redone to support controllers better.

Nice spelling
    Taylor was the DPS, a striker Porpori

When does "striker" class come out? Glad to see it's not female-only.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    are we going to have any official word from eme on this or do we have to go to other sources now for info on tera?

Agreed. This article isn't even well written and demonstrates a limited understanding of the game (calling slayer "striker," for example). I'd much rather take an official statement over this, but since they're the only ones who bothered writing anything about it in the first place, here we are...
  • I would play it on a console that allowed cross play with PC.

Separate servers? RIP.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    From a financial and economy standpoint I can understand why Console servers are seperated from PC servers.

But what is stopping EME from having PS and Xbox having the same server? As we are speaking console players are actually on the decline, so it wouldn't make any sense to not allow crossplay, unless there is something EME/BHS isn't able to convince the two console giants about.