and now i have to rebuy some of my skills??

Comments

• Spacecats wrote: »
    This is as much a surprise to us as you guys. We're looking into the reports we're getting from players and will speak with Bluehole to try and determine why these changes happened.

Hopefully this is just a matter of re-purchasing some skills and having things go back to normal again. Since this hasn't happened in the past, though, we'll be on the lookout for any potential side-effects.

Give the players their gold back??????????
  • I understand if they did what they did. They are making the leveling easier on people (as if it wasn't easy enough). Buuut, this will also mean that new players will be more familiar with certain skills.

Stil...

The gold we have to spend again are as much as they were back then... So basically, when you say that new players have to pay for them, sure... But they didn't have to spend twice to learn them.

I just find it so... whatever.
  • MawileMawile ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Sooo... I hope we get a response letting us know if we'll get a gold refund or not or if they'll implement a fix. Ima have to rebuy the skills for over 20 characters if its neither. x_X
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    For a level 65 warrior this costs 937 gold 84 silver 48 copper. Kind of annoying. And while I can see why they would want to move Scythe back to an earlier level so new players can more easily learn the class while they level up, I don't know why they needed to fiddle with so many other skills.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    Ves1978 wrote: »
    Catservant wrote: »
    Some warning would have been nice!

This is awful. Working so hard to save up and now a 600+ gold expense per character.

If I wanted to pay taxes I'd do real world stuff. :frown:

i mean, you didn't have an obligation to learn skills. you could simply keep playing with what you have and save 600 gold :D

Erm... If Warriors don't upgrade their skills and save 1k G, you're looking at keeping their main DPS skill (Scythe) at level 24 stats...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oNFyLfTcBLTAODN0WAeIcWpzhoKQY1d-9bgW40SedAs/edit#gid=1000829468

Level 65 Scythe IX hits for at least 3.5M in current content. Level 24 Scythe II hits for considerably less (I'm guessing maybe 100k at most) in level 65 gear.

you don't get sarcasm? it's just being hilarious how people cry over 500-1k gold per toon for upgrading skills (you know, the core of gameplay), but don't hesitate to spend 100k+ for cute costume or new mount.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    May be new gold sink and seeing we just had a lvling event

But be interested to see if anything comes of it or we repay for the skills
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    No, BHS was just too lazy to figure out how to upgrade some player's skills automatically.
  • 66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    No, BHS was just too lazy to figure out how to upgrade some player's skills automatically.

Pretty sure it was intended. Everyone had to do it. So it's technically "fair." What is unfair was the lack of notice in patch notes. Since it happened in EU a week before us, and in kTera obviously months ago, I am not sure how this is a surprise to EME. Lack of testing?
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »

Pretty sure it was intended. Everyone had to do it. So it's technically "fair." What is unfair was the lack of notice in patch notes. Since it happened in EU a week before us, and in kTera obviously months ago, I am not sure how this is a surprise to EME. Lack of testing?

Lack of understanding of the game is more likely.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Whoever took the patch notes at EME I'm assuming over-looked this entirely, and didn't think anything about it. It's completely possible to over-look it. Doesn't mean it isn't a big inconvenience though.
  • Youre all complaining about trivial amounts of gold that can be farmed again in short order. Enough already. 1k per har boohoo. Can farm that np in under an hour if need be.

What concerns me is how this bypassed Enmasse. I suggest you investigate this thoroughly @Spacecats . This is a major cause for concern regarding detailed descriptions of patch notes. Hopefully you nip this in the bud.
  • MawileMawile ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I will boohoo because 10k-15k worth of rebuying skills is still gold that could have been spent elsewhere (aka a master plasma skin or cheap mount). :( Time is money. Unless any of you guys that say rebuying is not a big deal want to donate the 10k-15k to me :p
  • From what I saw, every class except Valkyrie was affected.

Every other class had to pay ~300+ gold to upgrade all of their skills. Warrior was notably way pricier, at ~900 gold.

A minor inconvenience. I'm more worried about why it wasn't in the notes than having to pay up. Also the issue of skills disappearing from the hotbar messed me up for a bit.
  • > @Mawile said:
    > I will boohoo because 10k-15k worth of rebuying skills is still gold that could have been spent elsewhere (aka a master plasma skin or cheap mount). :( Time is money. Unless any of you guys that say rebuying is not a big deal want to donate the 10k-15k to me :p

Help the poor huehuehue.

10-15k you can earn back across the chars easy.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    It's the same gold amount that a level 1 will have to pay as they level up to upgrade the new ranks of skills.

There is nothing wrong or unfair with it. It's pocket change, deal with it.