and now i have to rebuy some of my skills??

Comments

• 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    It's not the same gold amount. A level 65 player who upgraded everything before today had to pay more for the old ranks. For example a warrior that had Scythe II before today would have paid over 100 gold for both ranks, while now Scythe II is worth less than 1 gold because Scythe is now a low level skill.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    > @66ECX7NAN7 said:
    > It's not the same gold amount. A level 65 player who upgraded everything before today had to pay more for the old ranks. For example a warrior that had Scythe II before today would have paid over 100 gold for both ranks, while now Scythe II is worth less than 1 gold because Scythe is now a low level skill.

@Obs This guy knows what's up. Also, for someone that plays Warrior, I'm surprised that you haven't noticed that you had to pay for your entire Blade Draw I to VII chain again, when you already had Blade Draw VII before patch.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    PoffyPanda wrote: »
    If people levelling from 1-65 can afford it, why do people who are 65 (or have been 65 for some time) need help affording it?

The amount you need to spend to upgrade your 2-5 skills is nothing compared to the total amount you need to learn and upgrade *every* skill.

If you're struggling to pay at lvl 65, you're doing something wrong with your gold.

Their gold went to hookers and drugs, can't blame'em lols
  • My problem is more that I am literally missing skills that can't be found anymore in my skills menu (not even at the ones that I still need to learn) So I'm not sure if that was intentional? At least I can't find it in the patch notes (I'm playing an archer btw).
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    well besides skills and ive only gone thru the 13 I have on FF and the 3 on CH , haven't gon thru the ones I have on other servers
    I missing crystals ranging from one or two to all missing , my reaper didn't need any skills updated but missing all crystals and I was sure I had her weapon enchanted to lvl 9 or plus and its now 7 my ninja on FF had the weapon removed to my inventory and lost two red two blue and two green crystals but none of this happened to my ninja on CH which was also lvl 65 , seems all toons that lost crystals tho were lvl 65 or close to

so don't feel like playing atm or even sorting where the skills were on skill bar even tho ive gone thru and re learnt them
    haven't checked yet but I hope I haven't lost any other things like pets or mounts or inventory or cosmetics as this patch seems to have been real screwy all round so far
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    for some of us the repurchasing isn't too much of a big deal. 1k at worst is honestly not a large sum.

However, there are new players who just reached 65, and spending 1k straight off the bat just because of a simple mistake in the patch notes is going to [filtered] them off.

The biggest problem resides in BHS not knowing how to do compensation plans.

The easiest I can think of: Calculate the amount of money used prior to upgrading the skill, and give the money to the player in raw gold as compensation for the skills lost. No need to overcompensate, we just need enough gold to rebuy back the skills.
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Ves1978 wrote: »
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    Catservant wrote: »
    Some warning would have been nice!

This is awful. Working so hard to save up and now a 600+ gold expense per character.

If I wanted to pay taxes I'd do real world stuff. :frown:

i mean, you didn't have an obligation to learn skills. you could simply keep playing with what you have and save 600 gold :D

Erm... If Warriors don't upgrade their skills and save 1k G, you're looking at keeping their main DPS skill (Scythe) at level 24 stats...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oNFyLfTcBLTAODN0WAeIcWpzhoKQY1d-9bgW40SedAs/edit#gid=1000829468

Level 65 Scythe IX hits for at least 3.5M in current content. Level 24 Scythe II hits for considerably less (I'm guessing maybe 100k at most) in level 65 gear.

you don't get sarcasm? it's just being hilarious how people cry over 500-1k gold per toon for upgrading skills (you know, the core of gameplay), but don't hesitate to spend 100k+ for cute costume or new mount.

That's not the same thing, u dont have to pay for cute costume or new mount but the skills update is almost mandatory, even for non-hardcore players, plus ppl's skills disappear from skillbar which is also annoying. The update is intended for newbies and not necessary for lv 65 so that every single gold counts as long as they are being used in such stupid way. Besides that, paying gold for others stuff like costume, mats is part of their freedom and I dont want to call upgrading skills is a freedom since it will mess up your dps and other aspects if u dont pay for it. ur sarcasm isnt funny in the 1st place. The current situation just shows how BHS doesnt care much about players' experience rn especially when their main focus is on PUBG, which I am also playing.
    Just bec some ppl are considered "riches" doesn't mean they have to pay more for the same service, unless u intentionally put on heavier tax on them, which is naturally hated by the "riches".
  • It's richest not riches. Also, there were plenty of ways around this without making us have to purchase the skill.. not that it's a big deal even to begin with. Fairly annoying but huge issue no it's not memeslash threatening levels of bad that breaks the game.

There were probably ways around this. instead of making all the 65's pay to relearn a skill at Max level why didn't they just up every 65's skill to the current max level.

Leave everyone else who isn't at the max level at their current skill level rather then resetting the whole thing all together and making people have to upgrade their skills all the way from level 1 to max.

back to whatever they had or what the new skill cap is. There were ways for completely avoid this and yet they were not chosen.

The problem here as for why everyone is so annoyed is not necessarily having to rebuy the skills but the lack of communication, or anyone making this even remotely aware that hey this is going to happen.

Could of taken less then a minute going "hey on this date a new skill level will be added and you will have to rebuy all your skills afterwards."

Having done that would of made the backlash so much lower. Yet they don't and thus the angry mobs form with pitchforks yet again.

Enmasse you've been screwing up an awful lot lately not just you but BHS. You have a [filtered] ton of bugs to fix exploiters actively selling scripts ingame under your noses and people actively cheating to get where they want to be. Yet nothing changes.
    edited September 2017
    aeee98 wrote: »
    for some of us the repurchasing isn't too much of a big deal. 1k at worst is honestly not a large sum.

However, there are new players who just reached 65, and spending 1k straight off the bat just because of a simple mistake in the patch notes is going to [filtered] them off.

The biggest problem resides in BHS not knowing how to do compensation plans.

The easiest I can think of: Calculate the amount of money used prior to upgrading the skill, and give the money to the player in raw gold as compensation for the skills lost. No need to overcompensate, we just need enough gold to rebuy back the skills.

I am pretty much sure, even in Idoneal is not so hard to kill low tier iod bams and make that gold. This fuss and whining has no bias and is just noob act. Each character 300g to 1k is much? People say they have lots of Alts, I have too, and they all had at least 1k in their inventory already, so I didn't need to do anything.

Just close this, it makes community look bad, I mean very bad lol

PS: I noticed the new skills for leveling is way better than we had before, Zerk has its charge sooner, Warrior is not crap before 60 because their edge was useless, these changes were legit, making people to know their class better and also helps them with leveling since HP/Endurance has been increased. But I agree, EME should know the game better or ask that dam BHS to give'em heads up about these.

PSS: Slayers will be way happier now, they won't suffer like they were suffering before lvl 60, they still suffer but way less. Anyway Slayers also could use these changes for good, I mean it helps for leveling, yeah not late game. OK, bye :s

PSSS: Tnx EME, I found around 10K goldz in my alts inventory :3 , how did I miss those? :O
  • i dont think its enough of a gold loss to warrant giving it back. people will live without it, stop overreacting.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    Catservant wrote: »
    Some warning would have been nice!

This is awful. Working so hard to save up and now a 600+ gold expense per character.

If I wanted to pay taxes I'd do real world stuff. :frown:

i mean, you didn't have an obligation to learn skills. you could simply keep playing with what you have and save 600 gold :D

Erm... If Warriors don't upgrade their skills and save 1k G, you're looking at keeping their main DPS skill (Scythe) at level 24 stats...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oNFyLfTcBLTAODN0WAeIcWpzhoKQY1d-9bgW40SedAs/edit#gid=1000829468

Level 65 Scythe IX hits for at least 3.5M in current content. Level 24 Scythe II hits for considerably less (I'm guessing maybe 100k at most) in level 65 gear.

you don't get sarcasm? it's just being hilarious how people cry over 500-1k gold per toon for upgrading skills (you know, the core of gameplay), but don't hesitate to spend 100k+ for cute costume or new mount.

Seriously doubt the people complaining are largely the same people who can pay 100k for anything. Logical fallacy is fallacious.

Unless of course you have recognized the name of one of the complainers as someone you KNOW spends big $$ on costumes, in which case it is I who is fallacious and I withdraw my comment.

• kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    but if skill was IX for example and now its II it means those who already learnt IX have spent more gold than those who will learn II. right?
  • I didn't shell out the gold to level up all my skills. I left the ones I dont use in my rotation at w/e level they were b4.
    I'm not Scrooge McDuck swimming in gold and I'm still trying to save up for inner armor and a stat mount (that can only be gotten in loot boxes...or on broker)
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re buying the skills isn't an issue however, when the game keeps telling you to buy the skill upgrades again after you just bought them, as if you never did in the first place, that's the issue that I'm experiencing.
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Re buying the skills isn't an issue however, when the game keeps telling you to buy the skill upgrades again after you just bought them, as if you never did in the first place, that's the issue that I'm experiencing.

which class? all your chars? :open_mouth: some classes, u gotta upgrade like 6-10 times. I just did for all my alts on CH didn't have that problem. just some skills were missing from bar, which weren't that much of a work.