[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

and now i have to rebuy some of my skills??

Comments

• Yeah.. this definitely hurts newer players that just hit 65 the most.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Pretty great logging on spending around 400~800 gold for each character (16 total). Compensation?
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @LesbianVi said:
    > LancerJiva wrote: »
    >
    > Re buying the skills isn't an issue however, when the game keeps telling you to buy the skill upgrades again after you just bought them, as if you never did in the first place, that's the issue that I'm experiencing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > which class? all your chars? :open_mouth: some classes, u gotta upgrade like 6-10 times. I just did for all my alts on CH didn't have that problem. just some skills were missing from bar, which weren't that much of a work.

My lancer
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    I just would have liked this info before the patch, so I could screenshot my skill bar since most of my skills are using keybinds and it's going to be trial and error putting each skill back and seeing if it's on the right key bind... per char :/
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    I just would have liked this info before the patch, so I could screenshot my skill bar since most of my skills are using keybinds and it's going to be trial and error putting each skill back and seeing if it's on the right key bind... per char :/

Imagine this for those who use controler.
  • ReaperElenaReaperElena ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Yea....no, don't play as much as I used to but I'm not gonna rebuy skills for all my 12 chars.
  • edited September 2017
    I have 5 or 6 characters on each of the PVE realms and each of those had some skill links missing from the action bar. I had to manually drag those from the skill window back to the action bar. That's not counting the skills that had to be learned at cost of time and gold on each character and then there is the added unhappiness from seeing that mystics got nerfed by having volley of curses and thrall of protection moved behind high level requirements. I think one or two other classes had skills moved to high level requirements too but have not messed around checking into it yet. I and my wife pay for elite on a monthly basis but if they keep making it harder to 2 or 3 man stuff by moving the needed skills behind high level requirements there won't be any fun creating new characters in my favorite classes and thus no real reason to keep paying for elite once we tire of the high level characters. If they want to change something why not let us temporarily set our levels lower to help people through quests and dungeons? These changes were very poorly rolled out. I hope things get better.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this gold spent goes to the winner of CU?
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    aeee98 wrote: »
    for some of us the repurchasing isn't too much of a big deal. 1k at worst is honestly not a large sum.

However, there are new players who just reached 65, and spending 1k straight off the bat just because of a simple mistake in the patch notes is going to [filtered] them off.

The biggest problem resides in BHS not knowing how to do compensation plans.

The easiest I can think of: Calculate the amount of money used prior to upgrading the skill, and give the money to the player in raw gold as compensation for the skills lost. No need to overcompensate, we just need enough gold to rebuy back the skills.

I am pretty much sure, even in Idoneal is not so hard to kill low tier iod bams and make that gold. This fuss and whining has no bias and is just noob act. Each character 300g to 1k is much? People say they have lots of Alts, I have too, and they all had at least 1k in their inventory already, so I didn't need to do anything.

Just close this, it makes community look bad, I mean very bad lol

PS: I noticed the new skills for leveling is way better than we had before, Zerk has its charge sooner, Warrior is not crap before 60 because their edge was useless, these changes were legit, making people to know their class better and also helps them with leveling since HP/Endurance has been increased. But I agree, EME should know the game better or ask that dam BHS to give'em heads up about these.

PSS: Slayers will be way happier now, they won't suffer like they were suffering before lvl 60, they still suffer but way less. Anyway Slayers also could use these changes for good, I mean it helps for leveling, yeah not late game. OK, bye :s

PSSS: Tnx EME, I found around 10K goldz in my alts inventory :3 , how did I miss those? :O

You aren't looking at a point of a potential newbie player who just hit 65 and have probably blown all their money upgrading their gear. 1k to them is likely to be a day's profit. That is huge especially when they haven't really invested much time into the game yet.

I don't think experienced players will even have problems forking out the extra cash, although it is very annoying to log into each alt and rebind everything again. I know for myself that I didn't even feel a pinch paying between 200 to 800g on my 20-ish alts. Thats only about 10-ish K. You don't see me going around asking for a diamond for a compensation, ain't it?

Taking away one day of progression away from newer players is the bigger problem we are talking about. It is just not fair to them. What could be spent on other things that they are working on (Misery or enchanting mats for example) is instead used on just making their skill properly levelled again. You missed the whole point of my argument completely lol.

From what I know, most if not all games that do this do give a full compensation of the amount of gold/credit spent on gaining an item if the system got a huge rework and skills ends up being reset. It is not because the players are lazy. It just makes sense so that the player who have already invested into their skills don't have to double invest into the same progression for no reason. Call it courtesy.

The older players are really just upset that there is no communication from EME at all. Nothing else will spark an outrage that way.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aeee98

have you leveled up an alt recently?

Lets see:

At level 60, you start vanguard story quest, up to 65 when you finish it, you make a lot of Golds. as an Elite that can pass 10K gold easily, normally we say 5K but it is more than that.

and now you are 65 and finished story quest:
    1. You get idoneal set, everything you need, all that you need from crystals and Vyrks to gears and stuff.
    2. You got to Trading post, gets your free flying donkey in 1 min quest with 80G.
    3. You go to Ramunin HW, You do castle Anea quests, which can be done easily with Idoneal, get mats, Weapon/Armor and golds
    4. you either go to Dougal or Island of dawn, with Dougal you do Kalvian's challenge, can be done easily with Idoneal set or IOD bams with Idoneal set, you don't have to enchant anything to do this.
    5. if you went to KC, you clear it with Dougal to get more golds and mats, then you get ready to channelworks which can be done with Idoneal easily, you still don't need to enchant anything, If you went to IOD, you get jewel sets and mats and golds, you head to HW and go to Celestial Arena, easily done with Idoneal, no need to change anything, you get you armor crystals and mats. In this path, you have enough mats to enchant weapon, and no need to spend a single dime for anything, but still you can wait.
    6. When cleared CW which is easy cause many players do this for Guild quests or farm ID scrolls, , Then again you have your full jewels and enough tokens to complete your set after talking to Dougal, again you got golds and mats and then you talk to Dougal for ABs, easiest dungeon in game since many players do it for ID scroll farm or guild quest, As the other way, If you did Celestial Arena, then you head to Ace dungeons which can be done with Idoneal set just need some potions for safety but as I said you could enchant your weapon easily and even Armor.
    7. Now that you are done with ABs and Ace dungeons, you have the mats to easily without spending any golds to enchant your Guile set, specially Armor and Weapon, you get all your niveot crystals, you get MWA, Tier 10 feedstock, tier 10 alk, tier 10 spellbind, ID scrolls, Tier 10 MES and Add golds to all these that you made by just doing those quests.

You are telling me they can't afford 300-1000 Golds after all these? They can afford to get all those skills by just doing low tier bams with Idoneal set, They can again get all those skills if they did story quests from 60 to 65. A lot of people even saved 2k to 3K prior to getting to 60.

I mean, we are talking about each character for 300G to 1000G, this is way beyond noobish to cry for this. You can stand in HW and stare at HW walls and make 300G less than hour.

If anyone can't afford that in NA Tera, if it makes them not wanna play the game for spending less than 1k gold for getting some skills, then they better leave. Stop this, this is really beyond stupid.

There is nothing better to whine and cry about? On 16 Chars, I re-organized and got my skills and it took less than 30 mins, and all the golds required my alts already had in their inventory. It was nothing, it is nothing. This is the worst whining and crying ever.

• I think it was nice of them to add new skills in the game!! I learned all of them! it's as big as an update as the elin gunner class! well done BHS! Keep up the hard work!
  • TheDarkWanTheDarkWan ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Freaking 15 characters, only my reaper and valk did not get effected and I had to spend like 9k gold on the others to get my skills back. EME I want my gold back. I suggest EME sends 2 emeralds to each character so we can make up the lost gold. @Spacecats
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    >A few thousand gold being anything more than pocket change.

Cmon.
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Just great. Haven't really played past two months or so except for daily logins, now 1/3 of my warrior's skill bar is empty. Not to mention keybinds I didn't even have in the skill bar. I do have a somewhat older screenshot, but changed them since then. It's going to be a pain reconstructing this stuff.
    This is no trivial issue in a game that encourages players to have multiple alts. There definitely should have been a warning, so we could've all taken screenshots and notes on skill setups.

It's simply beyond me how neither BHS was able to give EME this information, nor how EME was obviously not testing the patch at all before patching it in.