[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

and now i have to rebuy some of my skills??

Comments

• aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    @aeee98

have you leveled up an alt recently?

Lets see:

At level 60, you start vanguard story quest, up to 65 when you finish it, you make a lot of Golds. as an Elite that can pass 10K gold easily, normally we say 5K but it is more than that.

and now you are 65 and finished story quest:
    1. You get idoneal set, everything you need, all that you need from crystals and Vyrks to gears and stuff.
    2. You got to Trading post, gets your free flying donkey in 1 min quest with 80G.
    3. You go to Ramunin HW, You do castle Anea quests, which can be done easily with Idoneal, get mats, Weapon/Armor and golds
    4. you either go to Dougal or Island of dawn, with Dougal you do Kalvian's challenge, can be done easily with Idoneal set or IOD bams with Idoneal set, you don't have to enchant anything to do this.
    5. if you went to KC, you clear it with Dougal to get more golds and mats, then you get ready to channelworks which can be done with Idoneal easily, you still don't need to enchant anything, If you went to IOD, you get jewel sets and mats and golds, you head to HW and go to Celestial Arena, easily done with Idoneal, no need to change anything, you get you armor crystals and mats. In this path, you have enough mats to enchant weapon, and no need to spend a single dime for anything, but still you can wait.
    6. When cleared CW which is easy cause many players do this for Guild quests or farm ID scrolls, , Then again you have your full jewels and enough tokens to complete your set after talking to Dougal, again you got golds and mats and then you talk to Dougal for ABs, easiest dungeon in game since many players do it for ID scroll farm or guild quest, As the other way, If you did Celestial Arena, then you head to Ace dungeons which can be done with Idoneal set just need some potions for safety but as I said you could enchant your weapon easily and even Armor.
    7. Now that you are done with ABs and Ace dungeons, you have the mats to easily without spending any golds to enchant your Guile set, specially Armor and Weapon, you get all your niveot crystals, you get MWA, Tier 10 feedstock, tier 10 alk, tier 10 spellbind, ID scrolls, Tier 10 MES and Add golds to all these that you made by just doing those quests.

You are telling me they can't afford 300-1000 Golds after all these? They can afford to get all those skills by just doing low tier bams with Idoneal set, They can again get all those skills if they did story quests from 60 to 65. A lot of people even saved 2k to 3K prior to getting to 60.

I mean, we are talking about each character for 300G to 1000G, this is way beyond noobish to cry for this. You can stand in HW and stare at HW walls and make 300G less than hour.

If anyone can't afford that in NA Tera, if it makes them not wanna play the game for spending less than 1k gold for getting some skills, then they better leave. Stop this, this is really beyond stupid.

There is nothing better to whine and cry about? On 16 Chars, I re-organized and got my skills and it took less than 30 mins, and all the golds required my alts already had in their inventory. It was nothing, it is nothing. This is the worst whining and crying ever.

There are also the people who use the money to buy mats for Misery. Sure they are few but they exist.

Your assumption is that they don't have money after guile, which is wrong, because guile was never the gear that costs you money. Many have explained how to get +12 guile with 0 gold in your bank at 65 multiple times in realistically short times.

No newbie would actually be worried about low tier at this stage, because the people are most affected when they start out and just started to gear to Misery, where gear starts to actually get more expensive. (without using anything in my bank, I needed approx 11k per item using BES and extremely cheap PAs). You are taking one day off people who could be using the same amount of time in more content that actually mattered. I have seen myself at 0 multiple times when I did my no-sponsorship characters and that is when I was actually maximising gold profit. At this stage, any amount of money would be huge. Something as stupid as this would be a huge middle finger to my progress, even if it doesn't take much time to recuperate.

And those in guile also lost approx 10% of their money just because of something the patch notes didn't explicitly say at all. Imagine your bank suddenly taking that amount of money off your bank due to their bank charges. In this case it is not that serious, but the effect is similar. Basically, it is the same as losing your bank tabs in guild update, except not even mentioned as part of the patch notes.

TL;DR: 1k is not alot of money and I repeat this the nth time, but paying any money just to get back content you should have unlocked prior but got removed due to unforseen circumstances is frustrating and shows the stark lack of communication and knowledge the devs have in ensuring players don't get shortchanged for incompetency which we are seeing quite a bit of lately.

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    @aeee98 So because players (level 65 which can make around 1K by doing 3 IOD bam quest less than 15 mins) need to spend 1K gold on getting some skills, BHS shouldn't have done that? You know these changes is done for the sake of newbies and makes leveling up really helpful and way more interesting for them?

A level 65 is not a newbie anymore, specially if they got Guile as you suggest, and if they got Guile, they can make at least 2k-5K gold in 1 hour by just doing IOD.

Only problem with this as people mentioned and hopefully EME remember is why it wasn't brought to them by BHS and how they didn't know.

I don't think on EU and Ktera which making golds is way harder people cried for this and tried to bring logic. Sigh.
  • aeee98 wrote: »
    From what I know, most if not all games that do this do give a full compensation of the amount of gold/credit spent on gaining an item if the system got a huge rework and skills ends up being reset. It is not because the players are lazy. It just makes sense so that the player who have already invested into their skills don't have to double invest into the same progression for no reason. Call it courtesy.

Exactly that, every game I've played where the devs reset something, they at least gave us what we spent back.

But that seems to be asking too much, apparently.

• that a bunch of bull, I paid to get them once I should not have to buy them a second time
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are telling me they can't afford 300-1000 Golds after all these?

You know they already did that once, right? 60-65 skills used to cost a good 1k. So, you have your 10k, you spend 1k on skills and then a week later have to spend another 1k. That's 20% of all the gold you have gone.

And, yeah, Aika gave free skill point resets with every level cap expansion so you could redo your build with the new stuff in mind. It's just common courtesy. You change something like that, you try your best not to inconvenience players. Now, obviously, the gold isn't an issue for me. The missing skills on the other hand...I didn't even realise VoC wasn't on my skill bar until I was running into a boss room, trying to cast it.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    @aeee98 So because players (level 65 which can make around 1K by doing 3 IOD bam quest less than 15 mins) need to spend 1K gold on getting some skills, BHS shouldn't have done that? You know these changes is done for the sake of newbies and makes leveling up really helpful and way more interesting for them?

A level 65 is not a newbie anymore, specially if they got Guile as you suggest, and if they got Guile, they can make at least 2k-5K gold in 1 hour by just doing IOD.

Only problem with this as people mentioned and hopefully EME remember is why it wasn't brought to them by BHS and how they didn't know.
    I don't think on EU and Ktera which making golds is way harder people cried for this and tried to bring logic. Sigh.

Maybe because those regions were warned before hand that skill changes were coming. This is Gameforge's patch notes whilst these were ours and Spacecats effectively said that EME were unaware of this change

Because of the way the game has evolved and done a very bad job of teaching new players how to endgame and how to play their classes, it's going to take at least a month before you can claim that fresh level 65s are not new players on the skills front, because the new players before patch is going to have to go through rotations and the new players after patch have to actually get to 65.

Also, Guile is literally handed to a player on a plate in such a way that doesn't really teach a new player to play either, so new players with Guile before patch are going to be just as clueless.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »

You know they already did that once, right? 60-65 skills used to cost a good 1k. So, you have your 10k, you spend 1k on skills and then a week later have to spend another 1k. That's 20% of all the gold you have gone.

And, yeah, Aika gave free skill point resets with every level cap expansion so you could redo your build with the new stuff in mind. It's just common courtesy. You change something like that, you try your best not to inconvenience players. Now, obviously, the gold isn't an issue for me. The missing skills on the other hand...I didn't even realise VoC wasn't on my skill bar until I was running into a boss room, trying to cast it.

I get what you mean and others meant, still people complain about golds, it is not the issue here. It is something you can make easily, when I look at here couple of players look for compensation are not newbie that is something, right?

The real issues was mentioned by you and others. we talk about the golds we lose the main important matter. We should focus on the other part, not the gold part.

I get what you mean and others meant, still people complain about golds, it is not the issue here. It is something you can make easily, when I look at here couple of players look for compensation are not newbie that is something, right?

The real issues was mentioned by you and others. we talk about the golds we lose the main important matter. We should focus on the other part, not the gold part.

Well, what one finds to be the important part is subjective.
    For some, it's a matter of principle: They simply dislike the idea of having to pay twice for the same thing and consider having to do so disrespectful.
    For others, it is the gold: No matter how old or new you are, gold can be a potential issue. I once found myself not having enough liquid gold to buy the 50g identification scrolls. If someone is just a regular, casual player who's saving up for a fancy item, that gold matters to them a lot more than it does to someone who's just waiting for the next patch.
    And for others, it's the misplacement of skills: Either because you didn't notice something missing from your skillbar or because you don't remember where each skill has to be.
    And for some, none of it is an issue.
    You can't simply declare one issue as bigger than any other.
  • So, any word if the skill trays will be fixed?

Or is "Oh my, we're just as surprised as you are!" the first and final word from EME staff on the issue? :dissapointed:
  • TomRipley wrote: »
    So, any word if the skill trays will be fixed?

Or is "Oh my, we're just as surprised as you are!" the first and final word from EME staff on the issue? :dissapointed:

It's kind of embarrassing that this is the best they could come up with. I mean, do they not test these patches? Do they not get detailed notes when they get the build from Korea?

Anyways, it's also fairly annoying that Mystic lost its ToP til 50+, Sorcerer has absolutely ZERO crowd control abilities now til past level 40, and Warrior can tank at 20 yet has no tanking abilities anymore til like 50+.

Also real nice that I got to buy a mountain of skills on all my 65s that I already had AND get to play "figure out where on my hotbars/hotkeys" they were before.

How do changes like this make it through without a single person noticing?
    Aist wrote: »
    TomRipley wrote: »

It's kind of embarrassing that this is the best they could come up with. I mean, do they not test these patches? Do they not get detailed notes when they get the build from Korea?

Anyways, it's also fairly annoying that Mystic lost its ToP til 50+, Sorcerer has absolutely ZERO crowd control abilities now til past level 40, and Warrior can tank at 20 yet has no tanking abilities anymore til like 50+.

Also real nice that I got to buy a mountain of skills on all my 65s that I already had AND get to play "figure out where on my hotbars/hotkeys" they were before.

I assume they wipe the test servers regularly so every time there's a new patch they just hit a "create maxed out char" button and get a test char at lvl 65 with all the skills and glyphs learned/available.
  • Just don't pay for skills and play with level 1 skills like I do. EZ game.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume they wipe the test servers regularly so every time there's a new patch they just hit a "create maxed out char" button and get a test char at lvl 65 with all the skills and glyphs learned/available.

Maybe, is not like testing a character throught all leveling process is something you can do in one day, there is more in the schedule to test about the patch so maybe is like you asumed here.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

Maybe, is not like testing a character throught all leveling process is something you can do in one day, there is more in the schedule to test about the patch so maybe is like you asumed here.

Thing is, even if they had levelled up normally, they wouldn't have seen the problem since it affects only characters who were already 65 before the patch (and as was said, the test characters are probably wiped regularly).