and now i have to rebuy some of my skills??

1234568

Comments

  • Grimoir wrote: »
    Jordansb1 wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    the point many are trying to make is that its not about the gold as much as it is eme not telling us ahead of time so that we could prepare to spend the gold for the skills. so much for the open communication as of late.

    EmE already admitted on page 1 that they didn't know it was going to happen. How do you want them to tell you ahead of time when they, themselves, didn't know ahead of time? Hire a psychic?

    I think people have said they should be paying attention to other regions releases, considering they get their stuff before us. At least like skims of ktera's patches or like some readover of EU forums to see the issues they encounter if it only happens a week before us. Then they could at least amend patch notes, which would have been nice in this case after they had acknowledged the pile of issues that happened with this patch.

    This is what should be happening. ^^

    BHS releases patch, EU gets it after KR.
    EME should look at EU Tera every patch and see what's wrong/what's good/what needed to be fixed, etc. etc.
    When the patch comes for NA, they will know ahead of time what to do and what to fix.

    Honestly, what EME did is like a student failing a pop quiz. Yes, pop quizes are BS in my opinion, but if you fail one it's just because you aren't studying. They had plenty of time to look ahead (when do we get patches as opposed to EU, is it two weeks after them?), and they just never look, it's happened plenty of times in the past.

    They cant really do that since those are 2 different games and the patch contents may differ.

    Yes, they do differ, but they should still be prepared for certain changes. Class balances for example will happen for the entire game, not per region. They'd be able to see those weeks in advance.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jordansb1 wrote: »
    Grimoir wrote: »
    Jordansb1 wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    the point many are trying to make is that its not about the gold as much as it is eme not telling us ahead of time so that we could prepare to spend the gold for the skills. so much for the open communication as of late.

    EmE already admitted on page 1 that they didn't know it was going to happen. How do you want them to tell you ahead of time when they, themselves, didn't know ahead of time? Hire a psychic?

    I think people have said they should be paying attention to other regions releases, considering they get their stuff before us. At least like skims of ktera's patches or like some readover of EU forums to see the issues they encounter if it only happens a week before us. Then they could at least amend patch notes, which would have been nice in this case after they had acknowledged the pile of issues that happened with this patch.

    This is what should be happening. ^^

    BHS releases patch, EU gets it after KR.
    EME should look at EU Tera every patch and see what's wrong/what's good/what needed to be fixed, etc. etc.
    When the patch comes for NA, they will know ahead of time what to do and what to fix.

    Honestly, what EME did is like a student failing a pop quiz. Yes, pop quizes are BS in my opinion, but if you fail one it's just because you aren't studying. They had plenty of time to look ahead (when do we get patches as opposed to EU, is it two weeks after them?), and they just never look, it's happened plenty of times in the past.

    They cant really do that since those are 2 different games and the patch contents may differ.

    Yes, they do differ, but they should still be prepared for certain changes. Class balances for example will happen for the entire game, not per region. They'd be able to see those weeks in advance.

    They need to hire a Popo instructor to watch the changes closely.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Jordansb1 wrote: »
    Grimoir wrote: »
    Jordansb1 wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    the point many are trying to make is that its not about the gold as much as it is eme not telling us ahead of time so that we could prepare to spend the gold for the skills. so much for the open communication as of late.

    EmE already admitted on page 1 that they didn't know it was going to happen. How do you want them to tell you ahead of time when they, themselves, didn't know ahead of time? Hire a psychic?

    I think people have said they should be paying attention to other regions releases, considering they get their stuff before us. At least like skims of ktera's patches or like some readover of EU forums to see the issues they encounter if it only happens a week before us. Then they could at least amend patch notes, which would have been nice in this case after they had acknowledged the pile of issues that happened with this patch.

    This is what should be happening. ^^

    BHS releases patch, EU gets it after KR.
    EME should look at EU Tera every patch and see what's wrong/what's good/what needed to be fixed, etc. etc.
    When the patch comes for NA, they will know ahead of time what to do and what to fix.

    Honestly, what EME did is like a student failing a pop quiz. Yes, pop quizes are BS in my opinion, but if you fail one it's just because you aren't studying. They had plenty of time to look ahead (when do we get patches as opposed to EU, is it two weeks after them?), and they just never look, it's happened plenty of times in the past.

    They cant really do that since those are 2 different games and the patch contents may differ.

    Yes, they do differ, but they should still be prepared for certain changes. Class balances for example will happen for the entire game, not per region. They'd be able to see those weeks in advance.

    They are only publishers, a publisher is not aware of changes a dev does if the dev doesn't notify them.

    And they are not obligated to look at EU, KR or another region for issues that have been present on game.

    The only thing they are obligated to do is to pass feedback to the devs so they fix their mistakes, and if dev doesn't want to then publishers won't have the issue fixed either.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Grimoir wrote: »
    WrongHole wrote: »
    Grimoir wrote: »
    WrongHole wrote: »
    i just spend like 1,200g only with my warrior class feelsbadman. now do it to 10 characters more :l.

    You can easily make that back by playing for 1h. This change was bound to come, sooner or later and people would have to spend gold to relearn skills, it happened each time a skill was added levels or changed in the past aswell. The only thing is it wasnt in the patch notes and people found a reason to ride this for the next month and shout "compensation" without actual reason.

    I just spend a little close of 10kg can you give me back my 10k?

    Thats your 10 characters, if you play every one of them for 1h you can get your 10k back. If you made so many chars then play them. Simple.
    the point many are trying to make is that its not about the gold as much as it is eme not telling us ahead of time so that we could prepare to spend the gold for the skills. so much for the open communication as of late.

    Well EU complained aswel because it wasnt in their patch notes either so its not EME fault. How can they communicate something if they dont know about it? Plus when they test a patch, they only look at things the devs tell them were changed.

    2KRFiJp.png

    From: https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-59-03-demoros-roulette

    It was clearly in the patch notes. EME should have gotten the exact same patch notes as EU.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Grimoir wrote: »
    Jordansb1 wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    the point many are trying to make is that its not about the gold as much as it is eme not telling us ahead of time so that we could prepare to spend the gold for the skills. so much for the open communication as of late.

    EmE already admitted on page 1 that they didn't know it was going to happen. How do you want them to tell you ahead of time when they, themselves, didn't know ahead of time? Hire a psychic?

    I think people have said they should be paying attention to other regions releases, considering they get their stuff before us. At least like skims of ktera's patches or like some readover of EU forums to see the issues they encounter if it only happens a week before us. Then they could at least amend patch notes, which would have been nice in this case after they had acknowledged the pile of issues that happened with this patch.

    This is what should be happening. ^^

    BHS releases patch, EU gets it after KR.
    EME should look at EU Tera every patch and see what's wrong/what's good/what needed to be fixed, etc. etc.
    When the patch comes for NA, they will know ahead of time what to do and what to fix.

    Honestly, what EME did is like a student failing a pop quiz. Yes, pop quizes are BS in my opinion, but if you fail one it's just because you aren't studying. They had plenty of time to look ahead (when do we get patches as opposed to EU, is it two weeks after them?), and they just never look, it's happened plenty of times in the past.

    They cant really do that since those are 2 different games and the patch contents may differ.

    Game changes are for the most part always the same between regions. The only exception was the talent system.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Jordansb1 wrote: »
    Grimoir wrote: »
    Jordansb1 wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    the point many are trying to make is that its not about the gold as much as it is eme not telling us ahead of time so that we could prepare to spend the gold for the skills. so much for the open communication as of late.

    EmE already admitted on page 1 that they didn't know it was going to happen. How do you want them to tell you ahead of time when they, themselves, didn't know ahead of time? Hire a psychic?

    I think people have said they should be paying attention to other regions releases, considering they get their stuff before us. At least like skims of ktera's patches or like some readover of EU forums to see the issues they encounter if it only happens a week before us. Then they could at least amend patch notes, which would have been nice in this case after they had acknowledged the pile of issues that happened with this patch.

    This is what should be happening. ^^

    BHS releases patch, EU gets it after KR.
    EME should look at EU Tera every patch and see what's wrong/what's good/what needed to be fixed, etc. etc.
    When the patch comes for NA, they will know ahead of time what to do and what to fix.

    Honestly, what EME did is like a student failing a pop quiz. Yes, pop quizes are BS in my opinion, but if you fail one it's just because you aren't studying. They had plenty of time to look ahead (when do we get patches as opposed to EU, is it two weeks after them?), and they just never look, it's happened plenty of times in the past.

    They cant really do that since those are 2 different games and the patch contents may differ.

    Yes, they do differ, but they should still be prepared for certain changes. Class balances for example will happen for the entire game, not per region. They'd be able to see those weeks in advance.

    They are only publishers, a publisher is not aware of changes a dev does if the dev doesn't notify them.

    And they are not obligated to look at EU, KR or another region for issues that have been present on game.

    The only thing they are obligated to do is to pass feedback to the devs so they fix their mistakes, and if dev doesn't want to then publishers won't have the issue fixed either.

    No, they are not obligated. It, however, would be less fuel for the fire the players have against EME's incompetence and not doing a 5 minute look at another region's patch notes is really lazy.
  • Obs wrote: »
    Grimoir wrote: »
    WrongHole wrote: »
    Grimoir wrote: »
    WrongHole wrote: »
    i just spend like 1,200g only with my warrior class feelsbadman. now do it to 10 characters more :l.

    You can easily make that back by playing for 1h. This change was bound to come, sooner or later and people would have to spend gold to relearn skills, it happened each time a skill was added levels or changed in the past aswell. The only thing is it wasnt in the patch notes and people found a reason to ride this for the next month and shout "compensation" without actual reason.

    I just spend a little close of 10kg can you give me back my 10k?

    Thats your 10 characters, if you play every one of them for 1h you can get your 10k back. If you made so many chars then play them. Simple.
    the point many are trying to make is that its not about the gold as much as it is eme not telling us ahead of time so that we could prepare to spend the gold for the skills. so much for the open communication as of late.

    Well EU complained aswel because it wasnt in their patch notes either so its not EME fault. How can they communicate something if they dont know about it? Plus when they test a patch, they only look at things the devs tell them were changed.

    2KRFiJp.png

    From: https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-59-03-demoros-roulette

    It was clearly in the patch notes. EME should have gotten the exact same patch notes as EU.

    That doesn't indicate that players at 65 will have to re-buy their skills, though.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    i spent 24k on this re-learn thing and some certain time repositioning skills vanished from hotbar. mail me pls 1 argent mount on AV as compensation for moral injury, thanks
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Obs wrote: »
    Grimoir wrote: »
    WrongHole wrote: »
    Grimoir wrote: »
    WrongHole wrote: »
    i just spend like 1,200g only with my warrior class feelsbadman. now do it to 10 characters more :l.

    You can easily make that back by playing for 1h. This change was bound to come, sooner or later and people would have to spend gold to relearn skills, it happened each time a skill was added levels or changed in the past aswell. The only thing is it wasnt in the patch notes and people found a reason to ride this for the next month and shout "compensation" without actual reason.

    I just spend a little close of 10kg can you give me back my 10k?

    Thats your 10 characters, if you play every one of them for 1h you can get your 10k back. If you made so many chars then play them. Simple.
    the point many are trying to make is that its not about the gold as much as it is eme not telling us ahead of time so that we could prepare to spend the gold for the skills. so much for the open communication as of late.

    Well EU complained aswel because it wasnt in their patch notes either so its not EME fault. How can they communicate something if they dont know about it? Plus when they test a patch, they only look at things the devs tell them were changed.

    2KRFiJp.png

    From: https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-59-03-demoros-roulette

    It was clearly in the patch notes. EME should have gotten the exact same patch notes as EU.

    That doesn't indicate that players at 65 will have to re-buy their skills, though.

    It doesn't, but in every other patch where max skill levels were increased, players had to rebuy skills. Warrior Infuriate for example had to be bought.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obs wrote: »
    No, they are not obligated. It, however, would be less fuel for the fire the players have against EME's incompetence and not doing a 5 minute look at another region's patch notes is really lazy.

    Nope, they are not lazy for not looking at other region's patch notes.

    Or are you saying that you are a lazy worker if you don't do more than you are hired to do?
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Obs wrote: »
    No, they are not obligated. It, however, would be less fuel for the fire the players have against EME's incompetence and not doing a 5 minute look at another region's patch notes is really lazy.

    Nope, they are not lazy for not looking at other region's patch notes.

    Or are you saying that you are a lazy worker if you don't do more than you are hired to do?

    But they're not even doing the bare minimum right. In Ktera and EU, the low level skills were included in the notes. There are constant errors in patch notes as well.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Obs wrote: »
    No, they are not obligated. It, however, would be less fuel for the fire the players have against EME's incompetence and not doing a 5 minute look at another region's patch notes is really lazy.

    Nope, they are not lazy for not looking at other region's patch notes.

    Or are you saying that you are a lazy worker if you don't do more than you are hired to do?

    I'm not sure how this is doing more than they are hired to do? Community Manager and Product Manager doesn't necessarily have specifically defined roles such as have meetings x times, stream once a week, and that's it. They have to be flexible and ideally please players (or just not upset them with lack of knowledge, understanding, and communication) and do what is right for the game. In this case, being aware of changes that are coming, whichever way is best for them, to them benefit both themselves and the players.

  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Obs wrote: »
    No, they are not obligated. It, however, would be less fuel for the fire the players have against EME's incompetence and not doing a 5 minute look at another region's patch notes is really lazy.

    Nope, they are not lazy for not looking at other region's patch notes.

    Or are you saying that you are a lazy worker if you don't do more than you are hired to do?

    But they're not even doing the bare minimum right. In Ktera and EU, the low level skills were included in the notes. There are constant errors in patch notes as well.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    WrongHole wrote: »
    you want to to SPEND 10 HOURS to get back my 10kg? some ppl have a life dude..

    Ehm, in 10 hours you can get about 50k gold or even more if you know how to do things, you can get 2k raw gold per hour without much troubles and several mats that you can sell to get the extra gold.
  • One thing that I've noticed mentioned more than once in this thread is that only characters that are level 65 are affected by this. That is not true. I only have three level 65's. I have a total of of 12 characters altogether. Of those, only my Reaper and my Valkyrie were unaffected as they were the only two classes that didn't have changes.

    That being said, I am irritated by the lack of communication. I don't have time to play each character every day, or even every week. It really would have been nice to have a head's up so that I could screen shot my skill bars. I have some that I had things set up in a certain way, a set of skills that worked well for me, especially since some of the graphic effects of the skills can trigger a migraine or make it worse. It took a lot of fiddling around with them in order to get it just right. Now I have no idea what I had where and have to go through that process all over again. I don't even care about the gold that I'm having to spend in order to repurchase skills. That's no big deal, gold can be easily re-earned.

    While keeping an eye on the other Tera versions for coming updates may not be part of the job description, customer service (I would think) should be. Knowing that the NA Tera gets the same general updates as the others, but after they do, common sense dictates keeping abreast of what's coming to stay ahead of potential issues that will need to be handled. It's called being proactive.

    @Spacecats and @seandynamite I implore you to keep things like this in mind for future reference. You say you had no idea that this was happening, but you could have known and this isn't the first time that you've had to go back and fix things because you didn't look to see what exactly was coming. You also have said that you're invested in better communication, but situations like this show otherwise.
  • Still no reimbursement or compensation for this? I swear EME really used to be a good company, but now they approach stuff like this with an attitude like if all we have to do is buy skills on all our chars (15 65s here) that we should just eat it. I mean I just have basically stopped actually running stuff because every time I log in and see the red number on my skill menu button I just sigh, dilly dally in town, do broker stuff and log out. I do remember when EME cared more. I miss Tonka & Minea T~T </3.
Sign In or Register to comment.