Mystic lock-on hitboxes are broken

edited September 12 in Bug Report
I don't need to aim my heals, cleanses, or offensive/pvp lock ons at all right now. You can aim like a quarter of a screen away and lock-ons will autolock to the nearest characters. This is reallllly broken in pvp, and pve, but moreso pvp.

Edit: More testing. Due to this bug, I can lock on over 30 meters away. Someone has said they've even gotten 35 meters. Considering longshot is supposed to be 19meters.........

Comments

• ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited September 13
    Why are you complaining about this? You should be enjoying it.. I think the way it was before this change was really laggy and slow.. I don't think they should touch the way the locking is even if this is a supposed "bug". It makes it a lot easier for ppl who suffer with severe lag as lag really interferes with being able to lock onto someone properly. You mentioned that you were aiming a quarter of your screen away from someone but that's not true at all. I can't scroll my mouse more than 3-5 meters in width right or left from the person's character without losing the target.
    edited September 13
    Btw I just tried to heal a bunch of times while locked on 30 meters away, and the heal does not hit them. So even though I can target them from the distance the heal doesn't apply and reach them.
  • Why are you complaining about this? You should be enjoying it.. I think the way it was before this change was really laggy and slow.. I don't think they should touch the way the locking is even if this is a supposed "bug". It makes it a lot easier for ppl who suffer with severe lag as lag really interferes with being able to lock onto someone properly. You mentioned that you were aiming a quarter of your screen away from someone but that's not true at all. I can't scroll my mouse more than 3-5 meters in width right or left from the person's character without losing the target.

Uh, I mean it just changes how 3s plays if you're vs a mystic, and just pvp in general. Sure pve is relatively harmless, albeit boring in my opinion. It's just like "why complain about valk they do so much damage!!!!" Just always parse with a valk if you're going for competitive speed runs right? And don't get me started on valks in pvp. Mystic already were the better healer compared to priests, now it's extremely unbalanced. The game developers and publishers should be striving for BALANCE. That's the point.
    And in my testing, the people 30m away got the heal, so they obviously need to test it further, and then change the tool tips if this is intended.
    edited September 14
    I pvp as well.. but I refuse to make a pre-made group to do 3s in Champion Skyring.. Not that I wouldn't have an issue healing or doing it it's the fact that I prefer to play whenever the hell I want without having to go through the trouble of making a pre-made group. I feel like the targeting is rather enjoyable sorry you're having such an issue with it.

I totally and 100% agree with BALANCE.. which they seem to forget. It's like every few months they come out with a new class make it UBER OP then nerf it into the ground once everyone has geared up. That's why I play on my Mystic now and stay playing on her as they generally don't get the same yo-yo treatment that some of these other classes do with nerfing and buffing.

Perhaps I am thinking 30 meters isn't as long as what your thinking it is.. I know that if someone is at the furthest distance I can possibly lock on with them highlighted green I can not heal them. The heal won't hit them as at that point it's too far in distance. What I do like and don't want them to change is how much easier it is to scroll over people and lock on. The width is perfect because even before if I was slightly off their character or even at times when I would scroll over the persons character it would fail to lock on/highlight them. Many times a fail heal went off and I missed one or two people because of not being able to properly lock on mostly when I was lagging. I think what they did was made the "character box" for targeting purposes wider which to me is way more preferable than it was before.
  • I mean they've already acknowledged it as an issue. If you've looked at general there is much discussion on it as well. I was just placing a formal bug report in the correct forum spot.

Just because you may think it's better, it doesn't mean it's not an issue, whether they have to change tooltips to match or whatever. They'd have to give it to priests as well, then what about all the dps lock ons? Really slippery slope for pvp.

Also as an aside, you can both premade and solo q champion skyring, it's not just premade.