Need Help with Making Gold.

Just for starters, I'd appreciate if you didn't flat-out, or indirectly, say I'm stupid or something. I'm genuinely looking for help here, and the sarcasm, insults, etc. don't really help. Thank you <3

So, a reoccurring theme with every MMO i play, and part of the reason I think I find myself really frustrated at game's end-game stage: I'm always poor and can never make gold. I had like 18k in the bank this morning, and now it's all gone because I enchanted two Misery pieces to +12 and a Misery weapon to +9. This was a real shock for me, and it honestly spoiled the game for me for the rest of the day. Not because of RNG, I knew it was RNG, I was just a bit shocked to lose everything I had.....esp. on enchanting mid-tier gear for ONE character.
So it made me think, spending money on EMP can't be the only way to make decent gold, when enchanting mid-teir gear is that expensive. What else is there?
I came here hoping you guys could enlighten me on some ways to make gold, esp. outside of just farming IoD bams.

Methods i've heard of so far:

IoD.
I hear the IoD method a lot but honestly I get pretty bored doing that, I find running instances or leveling more engaging. Besides, when I first was told about IOD, I went there, and never felt like I was getting much of anything.

Rootstock.
Someone in my guild discord mentioned Roostock being a good way to make gold if you suck at making gold. However they didn't really say how, and I didn't want to ask because I felt stupid asking in front of everyone and for not knowing, esp. since I've played this game - on and off - for years.

Reapers.
This is a method that I first heard of over a year ago, but back then I didn't have character slots and ended up taking a long hiatus.
Now I can actually do this method, but before I put the time into that I'd like to know if that's even still a viable method? Like, how much would you get from leveling one reaper on average? I'd appreciate any answers for that.

So, those are the three methods I've heard of it, and wondering about. But I'd really appreciate hearing all other methods, esp. ones that require running instances and not spending real money - since I enjoy that the most, and can't afford to spend real money all the time.

Thank you for reading <3

Comments

• reapers don't work as good anymore for getting gold, rootstock you can make ok gold if you make certain food items, im not sure which ones, also you have to have a decent gathering skills and production points. iod is how I make my little bit of gold. buy masterwork alkhest lootboxes with your credits. to make any decent amount of gold doing the iod method, you will want 5-10 alts farming it and plenty of time. but then that becomes work, and as someone pointed out before, the hours you spend farming in comparison to the hours you would work at a minimum wage job, you could buy emp with that money and make way more gold.
    so i guess the thing is, if you do have a job and spent 2 hours of pay everyday into emp , and convert it to gold, it would be way more rewarding than farming for 2 or more hours a day. if you don't want to go that route at all, then invest in character slots and do the iod thing.
    good luck.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Rootstock is mostly for lamb bulgogi and floretta soup, both of which provide huge bonuses.

You can infinite grind food via twangi mire, but that is honestly very tiring and monotonous. Probably you can do it between queues.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    unless you're brokering at a very high level, you'll always make more on a per hour basis by selling emp (even if it's a minimum wage job as others have pointed out). That's just how the game is atm.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    I'm told that the changes coming in the next couple months will make crafting profitable again, which means gathering materials will sell decently again (hopefully)

For Rootstock: get as many qualified characters set up in Rootstock as you can, and grind the daily quests for lamb. (Sheep herding) And possible milk (Defend the cows from hyenas)

The introductory quests will introduce you to finding and using recipes. Make lamb bulgogi. As much as you possibly can. If you have production points leftover from gathering to get the lamb bulgogi ingredients make floretta soup. Sell any extra milk you won't be making into soup. If you have any extra production points make other recipes that strike your fancy and/or sell the raw vegetables you can gather.

• Catservant wrote: »
    I'm told that the changes coming in the next couple months will make crafting profitable again, which means gathering materials will sell decently again (hopefully)

For Rootstock: get as many qualified characters set up in Rootstock as you can, and grind the daily quests for lamb. (Sheep herding) And possible milk (Defend the cows from hyenas)

The introductory quests will introduce you to finding and using recipes. Make lamb bulgogi. As much as you possibly can. If you have production points leftover from gathering to get the lamb bulgogi ingredients make floretta soup. Sell any extra milk you won't be making into soup. If you have any extra production points make other recipes that strike your fancy and/or sell the raw vegetables you can gather.

do i need to lvl anything to be able to prepare for this? or can my char do this as a fresh 65 np?
  • you want to have your gathering skills leveled up
  • I don't think it matters on gathering, iirc. You can do rootstock on like a level 30 char.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »

Oddly enough, I reached the exact opposite conclusion after reading the new stuff. Nothing currently useless will be usefull, some items will become useless while others will have their usefulness greatly decreased. One 1 single gathered item has the potential to stay relevant. Most of the new crafting relies on farmed items and not gathered ones.

As for reapers: It's "meh" gold for the levelling itself(total value of each reaper is about 20k) but they are quite handy to have for events like Rootstock or Summer festival so you should fill any char slots you currently have with reapers, even if they are just lvl 58. You can raise them to 65 if you actually enjoy the levelling and just delete them when the next levelling event comes along, replace with brawlers that can later be used to farm cool things.

If you prefer playing just 1 char and doing dungeons, well, do that. Use your favourite char for some fast solo quests. Do your Ace and Ghille, sell the stuff, it's not much but it's something and you don't need need to be a specific class or have certain gear to pull it off. At the end of the day, how much gold you can make depends on how much time you dedicate to it and how good you are at what you do.
  • Have you tried Ace Dungeons? These take around 2-4 minutes depending on your gear and class, you can get some credits/fs/tokens instantly and in the long run you can save up medals for permanent etching II that will give you a nice burst of money. Celestial arena used to be profitable for low-geared characters too but idk about now.

Also, always enchant your weapon 1st (and your footwear last). +9 weap is nearly useless (and totally useless without perfect rolls).
  • HwasaHwasa ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Thanks you guys, I appreciate getting all the responses I did! The EMP method isn't the way I wanted to go simply because money is tight and when I buy emp I like to get stuff for my characters or account in the store, but maybe it's cheaper to sell emp and buy stuff with gold in-game so i can stock what's left over, idk. Definitely going to farm some for Rootstock and try other methods outside of EMP though. So again, thanks you guy! *huggles for all*
    Xandervb wrote: »
    Have you tried Ace Dungeons? These take around 2-4 minutes depending on your gear and class, you can get some credits/fs/tokens instantly and in the long run you can save up medals for permanent etching II that will give you a nice burst of money. Celestial arena used to be profitable for low-geared characters too but idk about now.

Also, always enchant your weapon 1st (and your footwear last). +9 weap is nearly useless (and totally useless without perfect rolls).

Didn't think I was going to go flat broke and lose all my feedstock, or I would have planned it better.....my bad for sure. Thankfully I did get the perfect rolls I needed so it'll help a little.

But no I haven't tried Ace Dungeons at all yet! :O Sounds like I need to check those out.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Hwasa wrote: »
    Thanks you guys, I appreciate getting all the responses I did! The EMP method isn't the way I wanted to go simply because money is tight and when I buy emp I like to get stuff for my characters or account in the store, but maybe it's cheaper to sell emp and buy stuff with gold in-game so i can stock what's left over, idk. Definitely going to farm some for Rootstock and try other methods outside of EMP though. So again, thanks you guy! *huggles for all*
    Have you tried Ace Dungeons? These take around 2-4 minutes depending on your gear and class, you can get some credits/fs/tokens instantly and in the long run you can save up medals for permanent etching II that will give you a nice burst of money. Celestial arena used to be profitable for low-geared characters too but idk about now.

Didn't think I was going to go flat broke and lose all my feedstock, or I would have planned it better.....my bad for sure. Thankfully I did get the perfect rolls I needed so it'll help a little.

But no I haven't tried Ace Dungeons at all yet! :O Sounds like I need to check those out.

I don't think ACE Dungeons are worth your time (but if you are really, really, really lucky you can get some misery weapon/armor boxes), I would take the suggestion from TWMagimay about doing more diverse content.

How to make gold will be something you don't like to do because there are classes to run X content way better than others. Saying this, if you are not willingly to burn time using a certain class to do solo content faster or having shorter queve times on dugeons/battleground then it would be better to tell you what you can get from each content to make gold.

If you aim to get full misery +12 and stick with it to the end of the patch or if you have plans to get better gear before new gear progression system arrives are also things you should take into consideration to focus on certain content for that matter.

Also what is your current item level? >423? Are you a healer? I guess you are because you got 2 misery pieces +12 before the weapon.
  • AbaddonoffireAbaddonoffire ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

I don't think ACE Dungeons are worth your time (but if you are really, really, really lucky you can get some misery weapon/armor boxes), I would take the suggestion from TWMagimay about doing more diverse content.

How to make gold will be something you don't like to do because there are classes to run X content way better than others. Saying this, if you are not willingly to burn time using a certain class to do solo content faster or having shorter queve times on dugeons/battleground then it would be better to tell you what you can get from each content to make gold.

If you aim to get full misery +12 and stick with it to the end of the patch or if you have plans to get better gear before new gear progression system arrives are also things you should take into consideration to focus on certain content for that matter.

Also what is your current item level? >423? Are you a healer? I guess you are because you got 2 misery pieces +12 before the weapon.

not op but i aim to get full misery +12 before the patch, whats the absolute best way to do this? i have my weapon +12 and working on upping my armor but am stuck with spellbinds atm before i can start equipping them.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

Why do you think that Ace dungeons are not worth it? I can't log in atm to check current energetic II etching price, but assuming that one run is 4 minutes max (including loading screens), only with medals you can get item worth around 15k spending less than 3 hours in game on ungeared character that can't even do high tier IoD BAMs. Not to mention that you also get tokens and small amount of credits and fs.
  • This is the problem with this game,if you want to make large amounts of gold you need to put loads of time or real money.
    I kinda took a brake from tera to grind in WoT things that remain relevant throughout the game I made 11 mil credits in 20 days only spending 4h of my time,to compare this to tera is like doing 15 min dungeons only diff there if you have premium time/elite here you get 50% more xp crew xp free xp credits,here you get a useless mount port in every town and 12 gold boost and nostrum + acces to 65 dungeons 4 times a day.
    To put this in math u avrage in 1200 gold(if lucky)/ 4 280 gold dungeons that will take you a few hours to complete(some will start and lie they do them in 20 min,still 20x 4=80 min thats 1h 20min and thats if u super dps the dungeon and your full buff potted and have above avrage gear) for the avrage joe.