[TERA PC] Alert: Character transfers are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve an issue.
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] TERA’s annual summer celebration is back with a vengeance. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20
[TERA Console] We will be entering maintenance on Monday, August 3 at 7 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details and updates, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Can we get real costumes? Can EME get the right to create its own costumes?

13»

Comments

  • HwasaHwasa ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Halrath wrote: »
    We have spoken with Bluehole several times about the quality and types of cosmetics. While they often ask for input, they are not held to that and their art team is free to make items as they see fit. We have given suggestions several times this year and expect to see some of that come to fruition in the future.

    The sad reality is that we (players and publisher) often speak about wanting more realistic or less overtly sexualized costumes, but I can stand in Velika all day long and not see anyone wearing the practical armor costumes.

    I am happy to pass on player feedback to Bluehole. The TERA team speaks to them weekly and communicates daily. We are one region out of many, however, and Bluehole will develop the items they feel will sell the best across all territories. I do expect things will improve.



    See, I sometimes feel like the people who complain about sexualized things want the company to NEVER EVER EVER make sexualized costumes, and that's not fair. I, as a female, am not sensitive to and insulted or offended by sexual costumes and I like a lot of them. I don't like the head-to-toe covered in armor crap, or the long poofy dresses, but I'd NEVER tell the company not to make them.....that's not fair to people who do like that crap. And I mean yes, full coverage armor is more realistic but when we get down to it - being a magical sorcerer or Brawler with magical fist of doooom that can block a BAM 234203948 times your size isn't realistic no matter how you spin it, so the idea of wanting realism in a game/world that is so far from reality is just a tid bit silly.

    But anyways, the reason I say the people who complain seem like they never want sexualized stuff is because they a) harass the company/players-who-like-it when they release something sexual, and b) completely discount more-realistic/full-body costumes when they ARE added to the game. The 3 dragon sets are ALL full body armor, i mean a sliver of stomach is showing but jesus that's barely anything. And like Halrath mentioned, there are plenty of realistic armor costumes in-game and no one wears them. And don't give me the "they're old" thing, people didn't like wearing them when they weren't that old either.....lol xD

    I think BH should do a balance, realistic/full-coverage AND sexy, if anything - add more fashion-coupon realistic armor sets in-game by updating the fashion coupon vendors. But yeah, dismissing the cute/sexy costumes because they're not realistic, in a game that's not realistic at all, when many others enjoy them - isn't cool. But it also isn't cool to not try and appease that vocal minority who wants more coverage. I think they did that with the dragon sets, and seeing as how these toilet paper costumes they just released are hideous af, I hope the next new skin isn't full coverage, because that would be the fourth release of full-coverage stuff...........even though the dragons are just reskins.

    Less reskins, more original stuff would be nice too......but that's another discussion.



    TLDR: Both sides should be heard, the full-coverage people aren't more mature or better people because they want full-coverage since there's nothing wrong with things being sexy, update the in-game fashion coupon guys with realistic armor, and Halrath is right that the overwhelming majority of people don't/won't choose the realistic full-coverage stuff provided anyways.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    I would also wonder, did no one else buy those practical armors that were released near the anniversary?

    Full coverage and fantastic quality. I get complements all the time and yet no one seems to be wearing them. Because of the previous threads asking for a modest option frankly I expected them to be on every tenth character. We did not put our money where our mouths were, and unless they sold far better than it appears, we have given BHS no reason to take our requests seriously.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    I would also wonder, did no one else buy those practical armors that were released near the anniversary?

    Full coverage and fantastic quality. I get complements all the time and yet no one seems to be wearing them. Because of the previous threads asking for a modest option frankly I expected them to be on every tenth character. We did not put our money where our mouths were, and unless they sold far better than it appears, we have given BHS no reason to take our requests seriously.

    I change costumes often. Sometimes you may see me wearing a casual costume from the shop. Sometimes an armor from the fashion coupons, and sometimes an armor from the shop, like the practical armors and dragon armors.

    Some of those armors look best on specific races, so thats why some may not like to use em.
  • Maybe a more lore friendly costume ? like the ones the npcs wear its time we get something other than maid costumes.
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Hwasa wrote:
    I think they did that with the dragon sets, and seeing as how these toilet paper costumes they just released are hideous af, I hope the next new skin isn't full coverage, because that would be the fourth release of full-coverage stuff...........even though the dragons are just reskins.

    I agree with the overall point of balance in your post. I disagree with your point that the dragon ones are not sexualized, therefore would not say they help the balance in recent releases. I would have liked if the chest was covered like the male version, but still skin tight. Personally I did not buy them for that fact; the open chest looks ridiculous in my opinion.
    Back to the idea of balance - the ratio of sexual:non-sexual is not the best. It's hard to compare overall, like I'm pretty sure that full set of armor released was limited edition, and we will never have the full idea of numbers unless EME released them to some extent.
    I just want more costumes with shorts/pants instead of dresses or skirts, "sexualized" or not, idc.
    Also these new snowy costumes are downright atrocious.

    Edit: [filtered] up formatted hard
  • Catservant wrote: »
    I would also wonder, did no one else buy those practical armors that were released near the anniversary?
    I bought the Dawn's Guard and Night Watch bundles when they were available. They were too good to pass up. The last two costume releases weren't for me nor will the weapon skin that is coming out soon. It's okay though, different people like different things. I'm sure someone likes this costume.
  • CampaignerCampaigner ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Halrath wrote: »
    We have spoken with Bluehole several times about the quality and types of cosmetics. While they often ask for input, they are not held to that and their art team is free to make items as they see fit. We have given suggestions several times this year and expect to see some of that come to fruition in the future.

    The sad reality is that we (players and publisher) often speak about wanting more realistic or less overtly sexualized costumes, but I can stand in Velika all day long and not see anyone wearing the practical armor costumes.

    I am happy to pass on player feedback to Bluehole. The TERA team speaks to them weekly and communicates daily. We are one region out of many, however, and Bluehole will develop the items they feel will sell the best across all territories. I do expect things will improve.

    Well... I actually do want them but the practical armor armoires (random item loot box) are not only quite expensive, they also have every color variation crammed inside... so it's kind of demotivating if you're looking for body armor of a particular color. The body armor is also like... 130-600k gold on the broker on MT so it's not that people don't like them, it's just that they're hard to actually obtain.

    Even if I do manage to get the one I want chances are I'm not going to afford to have it on multiple characters.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campaigner wrote: »
    Halrath wrote: »
    We have spoken with Bluehole several times about the quality and types of cosmetics. While they often ask for input, they are not held to that and their art team is free to make items as they see fit. We have given suggestions several times this year and expect to see some of that come to fruition in the future.

    The sad reality is that we (players and publisher) often speak about wanting more realistic or less overtly sexualized costumes, but I can stand in Velika all day long and not see anyone wearing the practical armor costumes.

    I am happy to pass on player feedback to Bluehole. The TERA team speaks to them weekly and communicates daily. We are one region out of many, however, and Bluehole will develop the items they feel will sell the best across all territories. I do expect things will improve.

    Well... I actually do want them but the practical armor armoires (random item loot box) are not only quite expensive, they also have every color variation crammed inside... so it's kind of demotivating if you're looking for body armor of a particular color. The body armor is also like... 130-600k gold on the broker on MT so it's not that people don't like them, it's just that they're hard to actually obtain.

    Even if I do manage to get the one I want chances are I'm not going to afford to have it on multiple characters.

    Exactly this, many would have bought them if they weren't in that stupid box, if marketing was right, many players would have bought it.
  • HwasaHwasa ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Hwasa wrote:
    I think they did that with the dragon sets, and seeing as how these toilet paper costumes they just released are hideous af, I hope the next new skin isn't full coverage, because that would be the fourth release of full-coverage stuff...........even though the dragons are just reskins.

    I agree with the overall point of balance in your post. I disagree with your point that the dragon ones are not sexualized, therefore would not say they help the balance in recent releases. I would have liked if the chest was covered like the male version, but still skin tight. Personally I did not buy them for that fact; the open chest looks ridiculous in my opinion.
    Back to the idea of balance - the ratio of sexual:non-sexual is not the best. It's hard to compare overall, like I'm pretty sure that full set of armor released was limited edition, and we will never have the full idea of numbers unless EME released them to some extent.
    I just want more costumes with shorts/pants instead of dresses or skirts, "sexualized" or not, idc.
    Also these new snowy costumes are downright atrocious.

    Edit: [filtered] up formatted hard

    I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I just don't find those covered from head-to-toe minus an awkward sliver of stomach dragon costumes sexy at all. The open stomach was dumb af though, I completely agree, it looks moronic >_> But the reason I think they did that was because they know full well most ppl buy the cute/sexual stuff more, and they were trying to win some of those people over by saying "hey hey look, here's some skin!"(lolol) but honestly it just ended leaving both sides unhappy in a way.

    And the new toilet paper costumes......lets juts say, those things could go on a 90% discount sale and I still wouldn't buy them for my characters. And buying them to sell? Hahahahahaha, they'd just take up broker space collecting dust. >_>
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Hwasa wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Hwasa wrote:
    I think they did that with the dragon sets, and seeing as how these toilet paper costumes they just released are hideous af, I hope the next new skin isn't full coverage, because that would be the fourth release of full-coverage stuff...........even though the dragons are just reskins.

    I agree with the overall point of balance in your post. I disagree with your point that the dragon ones are not sexualized, therefore would not say they help the balance in recent releases. I would have liked if the chest was covered like the male version, but still skin tight. Personally I did not buy them for that fact; the open chest looks ridiculous in my opinion.
    Back to the idea of balance - the ratio of sexual:non-sexual is not the best. It's hard to compare overall, like I'm pretty sure that full set of armor released was limited edition, and we will never have the full idea of numbers unless EME released them to some extent.
    I just want more costumes with shorts/pants instead of dresses or skirts, "sexualized" or not, idc.
    Also these new snowy costumes are downright atrocious.

    Edit: [filtered] up formatted hard

    I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I just don't find those covered from head-to-toe minus an awkward sliver of stomach dragon costumes sexy at all. The open stomach was dumb af though, I completely agree, it looks moronic >_> But the reason I think they did that was because they know full well most ppl buy the cute/sexual stuff more, and they were trying to win some of those people over by saying "hey hey look, here's some skin!"(lolol) but honestly it just ended leaving both sides unhappy in a way.

    And the new toilet paper costumes......lets juts say, those things could go on a 90% discount sale and I still wouldn't buy them for my characters.

    Toilet paper costumes?
    ae5c656d498b7d36a9fbc0bd4a927d1d.jpg
    Compared to the new wedding costumes, I think the toilet paper one looks better.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Hwasa wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Hwasa wrote:
    I think they did that with the dragon sets, and seeing as how these toilet paper costumes they just released are hideous af, I hope the next new skin isn't full coverage, because that would be the fourth release of full-coverage stuff...........even though the dragons are just reskins.

    I agree with the overall point of balance in your post. I disagree with your point that the dragon ones are not sexualized, therefore would not say they help the balance in recent releases. I would have liked if the chest was covered like the male version, but still skin tight. Personally I did not buy them for that fact; the open chest looks ridiculous in my opinion.
    Back to the idea of balance - the ratio of sexual:non-sexual is not the best. It's hard to compare overall, like I'm pretty sure that full set of armor released was limited edition, and we will never have the full idea of numbers unless EME released them to some extent.
    I just want more costumes with shorts/pants instead of dresses or skirts, "sexualized" or not, idc.
    Also these new snowy costumes are downright atrocious.

    Edit: [filtered] up formatted hard

    I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I just don't find those covered from head-to-toe minus an awkward sliver of stomach dragon costumes sexy at all. The open stomach was dumb af though, I completely agree, it looks moronic >_> But the reason I think they did that was because they know full well most ppl buy the cute/sexual stuff more, and they were trying to win some of those people over by saying "hey hey look, here's some skin!"(lolol) but honestly it just ended leaving both sides unhappy in a way.

    And the new toilet paper costumes......lets juts say, those things could go on a 90% discount sale and I still wouldn't buy them for my characters.

    Toilet paper costumes?
    ae5c656d498b7d36a9fbc0bd4a927d1d.jpg

    BHS steal the idea and make it 2018 wedding costume.
  • Margarethe wrote: »
    Hwasa wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Hwasa wrote:
    I think they did that with the dragon sets, and seeing as how these toilet paper costumes they just released are hideous af, I hope the next new skin isn't full coverage, because that would be the fourth release of full-coverage stuff...........even though the dragons are just reskins.

    I agree with the overall point of balance in your post. I disagree with your point that the dragon ones are not sexualized, therefore would not say they help the balance in recent releases. I would have liked if the chest was covered like the male version, but still skin tight. Personally I did not buy them for that fact; the open chest looks ridiculous in my opinion.
    Back to the idea of balance - the ratio of sexual:non-sexual is not the best. It's hard to compare overall, like I'm pretty sure that full set of armor released was limited edition, and we will never have the full idea of numbers unless EME released them to some extent.
    I just want more costumes with shorts/pants instead of dresses or skirts, "sexualized" or not, idc.
    Also these new snowy costumes are downright atrocious.

    Edit: [filtered] up formatted hard

    I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I just don't find those covered from head-to-toe minus an awkward sliver of stomach dragon costumes sexy at all. The open stomach was dumb af though, I completely agree, it looks moronic >_> But the reason I think they did that was because they know full well most ppl buy the cute/sexual stuff more, and they were trying to win some of those people over by saying "hey hey look, here's some skin!"(lolol) but honestly it just ended leaving both sides unhappy in a way.

    And the new toilet paper costumes......lets juts say, those things could go on a 90% discount sale and I still wouldn't buy them for my characters.

    Toilet paper costumes?
    ae5c656d498b7d36a9fbc0bd4a927d1d.jpg


    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Omg, nearly spit my coffee out at this one...... :p:p


    Margarethe wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Hwasa wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Hwasa wrote:
    I think they did that with the dragon sets, and seeing as how these toilet paper costumes they just released are hideous af, I hope the next new skin isn't full coverage, because that would be the fourth release of full-coverage stuff...........even though the dragons are just reskins.

    I agree with the overall point of balance in your post. I disagree with your point that the dragon ones are not sexualized, therefore would not say they help the balance in recent releases. I would have liked if the chest was covered like the male version, but still skin tight. Personally I did not buy them for that fact; the open chest looks ridiculous in my opinion.
    Back to the idea of balance - the ratio of sexual:non-sexual is not the best. It's hard to compare overall, like I'm pretty sure that full set of armor released was limited edition, and we will never have the full idea of numbers unless EME released them to some extent.
    I just want more costumes with shorts/pants instead of dresses or skirts, "sexualized" or not, idc.
    Also these new snowy costumes are downright atrocious.

    Edit: [filtered] up formatted hard

    I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I just don't find those covered from head-to-toe minus an awkward sliver of stomach dragon costumes sexy at all. The open stomach was dumb af though, I completely agree, it looks moronic >_> But the reason I think they did that was because they know full well most ppl buy the cute/sexual stuff more, and they were trying to win some of those people over by saying "hey hey look, here's some skin!"(lolol) but honestly it just ended leaving both sides unhappy in a way.

    And the new toilet paper costumes......lets juts say, those things could go on a 90% discount sale and I still wouldn't buy them for my characters.

    Toilet paper costumes?
    ae5c656d498b7d36a9fbc0bd4a927d1d.jpg

    BHS steal the idea and make it 2018 wedding costume.

    *Chuckle*
    The one from the RNG box comes with previously used toilet paper?


    Shhhh you two! Before they take you seriously!!!! lolol D:
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am indifferent as to whether cosmetics are mostly sexualized or not, I'll accept anything that is at least of good to high quality. The issue here is, a lot of cosmetics aren't even at my minimum expectation of "good". Too many re-skins and less effort has been put into a lot of cosmetics into the years. Not even their money maker, Elins, have that much effort put into their versions. Cosmetics also aren't really even released that often, given the long delay (relative to other games) I would expect better quality products. They don't even have as many weapons to worry about either compared to other games yet new weapon skins are not a common release. Even their recycle everything policy isn't even being done well. The least they could do is offer a wide variety in color and designs rather than one additional one when ever they decide to.
Sign In or Register to comment.