[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

IS the elite status (Subscription) p2w?

12346»

Comments

• edited September 2017
    kubitoid wrote: »
    Pretty hard to find examples that are not at all "pay2win" if you have a broad enough definition, honestly.
    PoE

Consider for example this thread where, according to that person's broad definition, even that game can be considered "pay2win." Which is why the whole argument is pretty silly -- it means whatever people want it to mean, and with a broad enough definition virtually everything can qualify.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    feminzii wrote: »
    DeadX wrote: »
    feminzii wrote: »
    DeadX wrote: »
    prove me wrong snowflake? no? didn't think so. seems there's another no experience 'gamer' here.
    further enlightenment:

i have experienced and played multiple pay to win mmo's, you CANNOT win without opening your wallet. you CANNOT gain the advantages other wallet warriors can through in game methods.
    that part is obvious
    the nonsensical and moronic part of your argument is that it is essentially "because I played game X and it was more pay to win than game Y, game Y has no pay to win features"
    and lastly...no one else could come along and say someone had to buy the emp lol. buying and selling emp is just as OPTIONAL as everything else. grinding or procuring the top gear is less optional if you want to "win". there are multiple paths to end game gear...even solo and not a cent spent.

why can't they? going off your own dumb argument, someone could just as easily say that elite is P2W because the only way to actually obtain it outside an event is by someone swiping their card to buy it. as @aeyrebaby said, it's the exact same thing as you saying that other features aren't pay to win just because someone had to grind the gold. both arguments are equally moronic.

no one could say elite is pay to win fool, WHERE'S THE ADVANTAGE TO WIN that you can't get in game? hmm? c'mon fool tell me. that was pathetic...i keep trying to explain to you snowflakes that you CANNOT win in a pay to win game unless you PAY. THAT'S the definition.

do you understand english? let me try and simplify for you.
    PAY, to proffer currency TO an entity to WIN. what part of it's not OPTIONAL don't you understand? now tell me snowflake where in the cash shop is something that can let you WIN that no one else can acquire by any means in game?

c'mon snowflake, tell me ROFL.

I never said elite was P2W, on the contrary on page 1 I said
    elite isn't p2w
    and referring to the "elite is p2w" argument in my response to you I said
    both arguments are equally moronic

the point was that following your dumb logic, someone on the other side could flip around what you're saying and make the reverse argument and there's no reason why they couldn't. You fail to see that which doesn't come to me as much of a surprise

also, where is this snowflake thing coming from? i'm lowkey cringing everytime I read it. If you can't talk to someone without throwing in buzzword insults that have nothing at all to do with the conversation being had, you should really learn to.

flip around? only if they're delusional or rationalizing. it's a rather simple set of three words with specific meanings.
    PAY
    TO
    WIN
    it's not pay for convenience, it's not paying is optional, it's pay to win.

so tell me how my logic is 'dumb' when the specific definition of the words can only be determined ONE WAY? feels or beliefs are irrelevant. you pay for internet, it's not optional to pay, you'd lose internet or have to steal it. you pay for food, electricity...how the hell can you come up with different definitions or meanings to something you do in everyday life that SOMEHOW only apply to a game? hmm?

that's the ridiculousness of the arguments that the game is pay to win, it isn't. idiots trying to add meanings to SPECIFICALLY one phrase that doesn't apply anywhere else JUST to support their feels.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    kubitoid wrote: »
    Pretty hard to find examples that are not at all "pay2win" if you have a broad enough definition, honestly.
    PoE

Consider for example this thread where, according to that person's broad definition, even that game can be considered "pay2win." Which is why the whole argument is pretty silly -- it means whatever people want it to mean, and with a broad enough definition virtually everything can qualify.

As long as a game offers you to pay for stuff, it would be considered p2w by those people. A cash shop will -always- offer an advantage of some sort as that's your incentive to open up your wallet. You can find an argument for every game if your definition is "you spend money and get stuff in return". Including LoL, PoE, Hearthstone, Tera, GW2 etc. And once you can label any game and any cash shop item as "p2w", the term loses all meaning.
    aeyrebaby wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Also, by your logic, elite IS more p2w than dragons because it literally doubles your rate of progress in the game
    The difference is that elite benefits allow you to reacquire or save gold in a way where you can continue funding it for yourself easily, just by playing the game. I didn't think that one needed an explanation but there it is!

You yourself made the argument that a dragon helps you win CU and BGs. Both of those generate gold/items. Thus, based on your own arguments, the dragon does pay for itself as well.
  • LilMsQTayLilMsQTay ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    > Also 1.5 dragons are free handed in game.
    >
    >
    > Where/how do you get those?
    >
    >
    > Do daily. Mid tier dungeons give you 2 dragon scales per clear. 200 clears of whatever dungeons and you'll get enough scale for 1 dragon.

Ah yes, I have been saving scales. My guildie got one after 8 months of doing the same. Hopefully I have better rgn, if not I have 4 months to go.