[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

it is unfair that the game is focused on 98% pvE

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who say you can craft VM from jackpots and victory chest alone, do the maths about the probability of that happening with current variety items on jackpots and variety items on victory boxes, add that to an average 60% winrate on any BG FWC, 3s, Griddion; 80% winrate on CS and make an average on time needed for each BG to be finished.

You will be impresed at how low are the chances and how much time you need to get DW throught BGs mean while in dungeons you can form an static party and get DW in less than a month using only one toon and spending less than an hour per day for this activity.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    For those who say you can craft VM from jackpots and victory chest alone, do the maths about the probability of that happening with current variety items on jackpots and variety items on victory boxes, add that to an average 60% winrate on any BG FWC, 3s, Griddion; 80% winrate on CS and make an average on time needed for each BG to be finished.

You will be impresed at how low are the chances and how much time you need to get DW throught BGs mean while in dungeons you can form an static party and get DW in less than a month using only one toon and spending less than an hour per day for this activity.

I love your reasoning , that is what PVE users do not want to understand and BHS does not want to understand, that we are now required to do pve to be able to do pvp, does anyone see a PVE user doing PVP to be able to do PVE? it is very difficult for us to do pve since we are not prepared as for team and a guild.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

My main problem with PvP players getting DW just from spamming BGs is just the "skill" level required to spam BGs. You don't even need to win to get boxes. If they implemented things like PvP ranking requirements or increased the chances in the Top 3 BG boxes, I would have no problem.

I love your reasoning , that is what PVE users do not want to understand and BHS does not want to understand, that we are now required to do pve to be able to do pvp, does anyone see a PVE user doing PVP to be able to do PVE? it is very difficult for us to do pve since we are not prepared as for team and a guild.

You don't need gear to PvP. BGs are mostly equalized.

PvE players ARE required to PvP for some classes' BiS jewelry.
  • Obs wrote: »

My main problem with PvP players getting DW just from spamming BGs is just the "skill" level required to spam BGs. You don't even need to win to get boxes. If they implemented things like PvP ranking requirements or increased the chances in the Top 3 BG boxes, I would have no problem.

and when do you go to CU? when I go to a GVG showdown? Do you think it will be just stay in a safe area and wait for a BG?
  • I will close the subject, there are very hollow users who do not understand the point of all this, they insist on saying that equipping for PVP is easy, I challenge them to do it without entering any instance, when it takes a day to crate a weapon vm, it takes us months and months
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    I will close the subject, there are very hollow users who do not understand the point of all this, they insist on saying that equipping for PVP is easy, I challenge them to do it without entering any instance, when it takes a day to crate a weapon vm, it takes us months and months

But nobody says that pvp equipping is easy? Almost everyone agrees with you, and there have been attempts to change this lately but eme/bhs are not interested in pvp at all.

it is very easy, delete the pvp completely and ready, delete that says pvp lvl 65 , it is ridiculous to continue selling the concept of PVP in a PVE server, I do not see sense to that, a server triumphs is not PVE because in pve there is no competitiveness, instead in pvp there is competitiveness, equip, build your guild, be TOP ranking
  • the question is, what would you think of this? @Halrath
  • this game is mainly pvp we have pvp event everyday for bg no pve event people no pay attenion??

this game is not pvp and the only reason they have the weekly power hour is to help pvp stay abit more active the game basically went down hill after the removal of pvp, pvp was tera biggest community and was the highlight of tera, pvp actually died when to many pve players went to the wrong server and cried, and that Ktera also does not pvp ether doesn't help so now where left with endless farm for dging, we still have a poor way of obtaining gear through pvp through to the rng system and still force to pve doing the same dg over and over is boring and there no new content what left of pvp is gone at the moment but there still people that come on 6pm est-9pm to do power hour that is the only time when the BG even pop. XD i'm not sure if you ever pvp in your life but you dont know the pain of pvp players
  • Go play Blade n Soul
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    YN4K3A6E5R wrote: »
    Obs wrote: »

are you saying BGs are pvp ?
    or BG is the only pvp we have?

Pretty much.

Open World PKing is pretty much dead except for Gunners at rallies.

GvG doesn't even happen on half the servers and if it does, it's more about guerilla tactics than actual PvP most of the time.

CU has more PvE hitting towers than PvP tbh. It also ends extremely quickly and happens once a week or is controlled by single guilds.
  • berrymilk wrote: »
    this game is mainly pvp we have pvp event everyday for bg no pve event people no pay attenion??

this game is not pvp and the only reason they have the weekly power hour is to help pvp stay abit more active the game basically went down hill after the removal of pvp, pvp was tera biggest community and was the highlight of tera, pvp actually died when to many pve players went to the wrong server and cried, and that Ktera also does not pvp ether doesn't help so now where left with endless farm for dging, we still have a poor way of obtaining gear through pvp through to the rng system and still force to pve doing the same dg over and over is boring and there no new content what left of pvp is gone at the moment but there still people that come on 6pm est-9pm to do power hour that is the only time when the BG even pop. XD i'm not sure if you ever pvp in your life but you dont know the pain of pvp players

Are you sure you're playing the same game? or you open up wrong boy
  • I'm surprised that many players keep saying that this game is focused on pvp, do not have to have a bit of intelligence to see that is totally false, just see all the updates and contents
  • I'm surprised that many players keep saying that this game is focused on pvp, do not have to have a bit of intelligence to see that is totally false, just see all the updates and contents

People have been saying PvP in TERA has been dead for years ever since FoA rolled in with +15. While BGs still pop, its either things like Kuma or equalized gear that really give no incentive to really do PvP or get geared for it. Open world PvP has been dead and there isn't anything like scoreboards anymore or crusades. I also generally see more comments about the lack of PvP and incentives for it than people actually saying TERA is PvP focused. Also, TERA is mainly a PvE game.

So like

??????
  • As has been said many times Tera is a PvE focused game.

It isn't a question of fairness. It simply is what it is.

If you want more PvP focus you'll have to find another title.
  • 2 years after Tera came out and for the next 2 years after, its been over 1.5yrs since Tera was really into PVP. No more guild wars (no castle), no more alliance wars, no more groups of people just outlaw fighting or really at all dueling. Before, you need to PVP to get materials PVP gears but not thats theres only 1 type of VM, they made it pointless to do anything pvp wise at it isnt even rewarding to roll pvp stats, even everything is almost equalised.