[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Can we have these Victory Box system changed and bring back Store?

Comments

• Halrath wrote: »
    I can't go into too much detail here, but let me try to address a couple of things.

1. We understand that PvP is being harmed and that frustrates players. It isn't what we want either and we have tried to push back with Bluehole and get more positive development for PvP content. We have been arguing and advocating for improved BGs, leaderboards, and better rewards.
    2. With the Arsenal update, all of the battleground rewards will get new components, items that will be useful to you no matter your gear or enchantment level.
    3. There are more changes coming to PvP and battlegrounds. We can't put them on the roadmap yet, but they are coming.

Next week, we'll be releasing more information about the new gear progression system. I believe Spacecats is also doing a Q&A during his Twitch stream next Friday. No one wants players to have a frustrating experience and we are making changes. I hope you'll find v61 an improved experience.

In other words, nothing is going to be changed.

1. Yea, we know. You guys have been "talking" with BHS for about 5 years now. Nothing's changed and nothing will. BHS isn't going to suddenly one day decide to revamp PvP. If you guys can't/won't do anything yourselves, nothing will happen.

2. Yea and every patch they're garbage. Every patch PvP boxes drop some new VM mats / accessory mats / misc feedstock potions etc. But never in amounts comparable to PvE. Unless you can guarantee that they are getting a significant boost in value, we can assume they're just going to be worthless, again.

3. The roadmap that extends to "Future Updates"? If they aren't "Future Updates" then are they even coming at all? What is the roadmap even for if you can't put future updates under the "Future Updates" section?
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    > @Chsalia said:
    > Halrath wrote: »
    >
    > I can't go into too much detail here, but let me try to address a couple of things.
    >
    > 1. We understand that PvP is being harmed and that frustrates players. It isn't what we want either and we have tried to push back with Bluehole and get more positive development for PvP content. We have been arguing and advocating for improved BGs, leaderboards, and better rewards.
    > 2. With the Arsenal update, all of the battleground rewards will get new components, items that will be useful to you no matter your gear or enchantment level.
    > 3. There are more changes coming to PvP and battlegrounds. We can't put them on the roadmap yet, but they are coming.
    >
    > Next week, we'll be releasing more information about the new gear progression system. I believe Spacecats is also doing a Q&A during his Twitch stream next Friday. No one wants players to have a frustrating experience and we are making changes. I hope you'll find v61 an improved experience.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In other words, nothing is going to be changed.
    >
    > 1. Yea, we know. You guys have been "talking" with BHS for about 5 years now. Nothing's changed and nothing will. BHS isn't going to suddenly one day decide to revamp PvP. If you guys can't/won't do anything yourselves, nothing will happen.
    >
    > 2. Yea and every patch they're garbage. Every patch PvP boxes drop some new VM mats / accessory mats / misc feedstock potions etc. But never in amounts comparable to PvE. Unless you can guarantee that they are getting a significant boost in value, we can assume they're just going to be worthless, again.
    >
    > 3. The roadmap that extends to "Future Updates"? If they aren't "Future Updates" then are they even coming at all? What is the roadmap even for if you can't put future updates under the "Future Updates" section?

Yeah I'm with this guy. I want to believe, but the track record leaves me pessimistic.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to actually disagree but...

These are victory boxes from leveling battlegrounds (level 65 KR version notwithstanding.) They contain no class-based PVP with any relation to the actual game, but rather BG specific role-based stuff with unique skills. They're not gonna have good items.

You get HP potions or Battle solutions or some ores from CS, what difference does that make? and We know how much effort it takes to win that compare to Kumas.

Before this stupid system, I was getting into BGs knowing what I am gonna do, what I am gonna get. A character was playing for Smart Dyad structure (now gotta wait for EME to give an event for that), One was there for Resizing kits, one was there for Bonanza boxes. I had plans, I never needed that RNG crap, no one needed it, we had enough rng, we have enough RNG, we don't need that RGN defines our one day of efforts in BGs.
    im dont notice iron and kumas are pvp ...............

When you are not killing mobs, that is PVP, it doesn't matter if you are doing Kumas or CS, when there is a player is in the other side, that is PVP, you need to notice better.

PS: It is not Kumas, get the point it is about all BGs, before you had plans to craft PVP accessories, now it is up to the RNG, one example of how garbage this system is.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    I hate to actually disagree but...

These are victory boxes from leveling battlegrounds (level 65 KR version notwithstanding.) They contain no class-based PVP with any relation to the actual game, but rather BG specific role-based stuff with unique skills. They're not gonna have good items.

You get HP potions or Battle solutions or some ores from CS, what difference does that make? and We know how much effort it takes to win that compare to Kumas.

Before this stupid system, I was getting into BGs knowing what I am gonna do, what I am gonna get. A character was playing for Smart Dyad structure (now gotta wait for EME to give an event for that), One was there for Resizing kits, one was there for Bonanza boxes. I had plans, I never needed that RNG crap, no one needed it, we had enough rng, we have enough RNG, we don't need that RGN defines our one day of efforts in BGs.

The rewards usually being bad from CS/FWC/Grid/3s boxes doesn't change my point... that Iron Battleground and Kumas Royale are low-tier casual battlegrounds, you can't expect really good rewards from their victory boxes.

But, I agree they should just revert to the old credit system and let people choose their rewards again.
  • I've been wondering about this since I came back to the game a month ago.

Why, just why was there a need to change the system? Credits/store system lets players choose whatever they wanted from ks and belli store, much more preferrable than this RNG-heavy box bs. Also, even if a person lost a match, it didn't feel like he just wasted his time since he gained a decent amount of credits relative to his contribution points, a positive part of the old system since it rewarded those players who were decent and tried to win.

Old system, people were actually in control, free to get whatever it is they wanted from the ks/belli store while the current one is just, sorry to say, horse [filtered].
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Halrath wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    I am really trying not to be rude but BHS too dam stupid, this system is the worst thing I have seen in any games. Absolutely wastes your time, you won you get a jackpot, so what? what about when I lose the game I get absolutely nothing, then what is the point of this crap and when I win I get nothing then what is the point here again?

I mean for how long our feedback gonna be ignored? PVP is dead and now killing BGs for this God awful system, Keep the jackpots, I won't waste my dam time with this crap.

That is what I got after 140 mins of playing Kumas and two Bonanza Box added to that, and now tell me if this is OK in your book and wasting your players time and slap them in the face is OK by BHS, then I think all players that are interested in PVP even a bit needs to reconsider playing Tera. I am seriously pissed at how unappreciated we are to BHS and EME, I mean all games making playing the game worth the players time, BHS just wastes your time and we have to go with it because they are so stupid at running their game? and in the end gotta get some overpriced cosmetic item as the reward for playing Tera.

I am done with BGs, and no I don't think I am the only one, look at your game it's a ghost town, everyone has a limit, NA community's limit is just coming and still we are being ignored and our feedback is nothing.

I can't go into too much detail here, but let me try to address a couple of things.

1. We understand that PvP is being harmed and that frustrates players. It isn't what we want either and we have tried to push back with Bluehole and get more positive development for PvP content. We have been arguing and advocating for improved BGs, leaderboards, and better rewards.
    2. With the Arsenal update, all of the battleground rewards will get new components, items that will be useful to you no matter your gear or enchantment level.
    3. There are more changes coming to PvP and battlegrounds. We can't put them on the roadmap yet, but they are coming.

Next week, we'll be releasing more information about the new gear progression system. I believe Spacecats is also doing a Q&A during his Twitch stream next Friday. No one wants players to have a frustrating experience and we are making changes. I hope you'll find v61 an improved experience.

Thank you for all that information. It helps.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    old system was way better cause you could farm points and buy stuff you want. this system is pure rng and it sucks when you spend an hour to finally win a bg and get 6 t11 feedstock.
    Ves1978 wrote: »
    old system was way better cause you could farm points and buy stuff you want. this system is pure rng and it sucks when you spend an hour to finally win a bg and get 6 t11 feedstock.

Exactly, even if you get something better, still RNG.

@Strawberrypants remember old system? You could farm BC/KC from level 20 and use the same store. PVP players could level up and use the points they collected at 65. New system falls short in any aspects.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Ves1978 wrote: »

Exactly, even if you get something better, still RNG.

@Strawberrypants remember old system? You could farm BC/KC from level 20 and use the same store. PVP players could level up and use the points they collected at 65. New system falls short in any aspects.

Old system allowed you to gear low, mid or top tier also.

I don't ask to get BiS gear from credit shop but at least a way to get a decent gear for pvp players. For this RGN system they should remove some items from the list so we can get more chances in items that are more useful than the ones more common.
  • Chsalia wrote: »
    2. Yea and every patch they're garbage. Every patch PvP boxes drop some new VM mats / accessory mats / misc feedstock potions etc. But never in amounts comparable to PvE. Unless you can guarantee that they are getting a significant boost in value, we can assume they're just going to be worthless, again.

In the new update, the VGs for CS, FWC, and 3s, all give an enchanting box that, though RNG, can contain all enchanting mats. This includes the one that is otherwise only available in HH p3/p4 or from certain WBs. There will also still be the individual victory boxes/ticket system like now, but I'm unsure what their contents will be changed to.

As for BG improvements.. FWC goes back to its old semi-equalized form, where if your ilvl is high enough you keep the gear you have.
  • TsukasaKun wrote: »
    As for BG improvements.. FWC goes back to its old semi-equalized form, where if your ilvl is high enough you keep the gear you have.

Given what we do know, I do not believe non-eq will be an improvement in the context of gear changes. The gap between top+9 and high+9 is bigger than DW+15 and misery+12 both in stats as well as cost. Unless you swipe or PvE hard (or got lucky event times in NA), chances are you'll just have high+9 and get bodied by top+9 players.

In fact, the gap we're talking is comparable to original +15, back when it was so insane even BHS acknowledged it and nerfed it soon after. Except this time it's even bigger (due to etchings, dyads, extra stats) and more expensive.

So yea, not going to be fun unless you're one of the richer players.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    so why did bhs remove it anyway? do koreans get sexual pleasure from rng? :thinking:

• KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Chsalia wrote: »
    TsukasaKun wrote: »

Given what we do know, I do not believe non-eq will be an improvement in the context of gear changes. The gap between top+9 and high+9 is bigger than DW+15 and misery+12 both in stats as well as cost. Unless you swipe or PvE hard (or got lucky event times in NA), chances are you'll just have high+9 and get bodied by top+9 players.

In fact, the gap we're talking is comparable to original +15, back when it was so insane even BHS acknowledged it and nerfed it soon after. Except this time it's even bigger (due to etchings, dyads, extra stats) and more expensive.

So yea, not going to be fun unless you're one of the richer players.

FWC has always been the end-game place for large scale pvp. There is no reason why it should be equalized to begin with.

There is CS for the new players as well as gridiron (Which should also be uneq but that's a different story)