So some players actually affect TERA??

Comments

• kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    Pages wrote: »
    Manjuh wrote: »
    So EME doesnt wanna speak about this leak and exploit and players who got rich with it now?

Any results from any investigation into what took place wouldn't be shared publicly anyway. Again, remove the tinfoil hat. Conspiracy theories are incorrect.

Not to be rude, but it's not a conspiracy theory. EME admitted that they released the information a little early to some players. Fine, it's whatever. It happens, right? Except that there was literal insider trading, with Kamizuma making a post 5 hours before EME made the conversion rates public, where he was selling his items for old-market value (before they all dropped to the current value of 5.35g = 1 token).

well ya that's because i found out from the ppl that the original people leaked too. If i had known earlier (last week) i would have gotten rid of a lot more things.
  • Manjuh wrote: »
    So EME doesnt wanna speak about this leak and exploit and players who got rich with it now?

Any results from any investigation into what took place wouldn't be shared publicly anyway. Again, remove the tinfoil hat. Conspiracy theories are incorrect.

Why investigate anything if conspiracy theories are wrong? Your pinned post literally says [filtered] got leaked. Sometimes the players hear about stuff EME doesn't want, but it would be nice if EME admitted to mistakes in the case there was one.
  • BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL IN THE CURRENT ECONOMY.

so you guys accounted for the common enigma scrolls in the current economy? (aka unlimited)

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    Pages wrote: »
    Manjuh wrote: »

Not to be rude, but it's not a conspiracy theory. EME admitted that they released the information a little early to some players. Fine, it's whatever. It happens, right? Except that there was literal insider trading, with Kamizuma making a post 5 hours before EME made the conversion rates public, where he was selling his items for old-market value (before they all dropped to the current value of 5.35g = 1 token).

well ya that's because i found out from the ppl that the original people leaked too. If i had known earlier (last week) i would have gotten rid of a lot more things.

I didnt even get info from this and last week i sold all the extensive, premium and master alks that i have, also all the spellbind, then bought things like lootboxes or costumes and even elite vouchers that i know will rise in price.

If people didn't expect something like this comming even with or without a leak then they deserve this outcome.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    > @seandynamite said:
    > Remove the tinfoil hats. As I stated in the original post, EME did not create these ratios; nor did any players. The conversion rates were created by the BHS design team BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL IN THE CURRENT ECONOMY. NA TERA players have A LOT MORE materials in their possession than the other territories, by incredible amounts.
    >
    > Again, let me repeat that for anyone that doesn't understand:
    >
    > EME did not create the conversion rates. The BHS design/dev team did and passed it along to us, and today we passed it along to you.

Ok, so EME didn't make the rates, then WHY did you give the info to certain players? To make some guides for you? Is EME incapable of making a conversion guide for the game it runs? It's not like you have idioticgenius on the player council that makes tons of guides for Tera translated from Korean or anything. It's just pure incompetence.
  • Manjuh wrote: »

why would there need to be an investigation if conspiracy theories are incorrect you're contradicting yourself with this statement ?_? lul

brings to the next point why can eme speak on hacks and other 3rd party things but when eme give information to players and the players benefit from it nothing is done its actually quite ridiculous players had the potential to get millions of gold but they just get slap on the wrists LOL?
  • Remove the tinfoil hats. As I stated in the original post, EME did not create these ratios; nor did any players. The conversion rates were created by the BHS design team BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL IN THE CURRENT ECONOMY. NA TERA players have A LOT MORE materials in their possession than the other territories, by incredible amounts.

Again, let me repeat that for anyone that doesn't understand:

EME did not create the conversion rates. The BHS design/dev team did and passed it along to us, and today we passed it along to you.

It might be true that Enmasse doesn't make the conversion rate but by sharing info beforehand to the selected few which should have been kept confidential until the public release makes you just as guilty and conspiracy as it seemed.I am truly disgusted for you only defending because of the leak/exploit has been exposed.
  • They will never admit they screwed up, wich is why I generally keep my opinions to myself instead of posting here, but this is kindda ridiculous.

Honestly, idk what kind of people thinks is a good idea to leak information on rates of conversion about materials that directly affect the economy of the game. The management of eme should really fire the person that said "you know what would be a good idea guys? To let a few players know about rates before everyone else so they can have an unfair advantage over everyone else!! YEAH!!!"

Idc about the excuse of "it was to help make guides" is ridiculous, I keep on reading it and I can't believe anyone thought it was a good idea. Is like you don't know humans/people. Being people yourself, you should know most people think of their gain before anything else and would act upon recieving such information. And ofc they'd also let in the big secret to the select few they consider friends.

RIDICULOUS!!!!!
    Naru2008 wrote: »

I agree with all you say there and I would add, if EME already had that info in their hands and that were not meant to be discussed again with BHS for corrections then no players should have been involved or your should have made an official announcement the very same day you got that info before to show it to a few selected players, in other words there shouldnt be a few selected players for this kind of info, even PC should be excluded if BHS wont let you discuss the trade rate to make some adjustments.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

I agree with all you say there and I would add, if EME already had that info in their hands and that were not meant to be discussed again with BHS for corrections then no players should have been involved or your should have made an official announcement the very same day you got that info before to show it to a few selected players, in other words there shouldnt be a few selected players for this kind of info, even PC should be excluded if BHS wont let you discuss the trade rate to make some adjustments.

This.

This easily could have been avoided by using their; oh my lord I can't believe I'm about to say it;

QUALITY ASSURANCE TEAM
    With help from their Community Managers to actually write the guide once the QA guys reported to them.

Pretty sure unless you literally have no QA guys sitting around the office to run tests on these sorts of things to write our Guides, then the entire company needs restructuring and have heavy focus on Quality Assurance. Surely even as Koreans, BHS would know to focus on QA because that's what keeps games running.

This is Business 101, and BHS (and subsequently EME) are failing this course.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    YN4K3A6E5R wrote: »
    Remove the tinfoil hats. As I stated in the original post, EME did not create these ratios; nor did any players. The conversion rates were created by the BHS design team BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL IN THE CURRENT ECONOMY. NA TERA players have A LOT MORE materials in their possession than the other territories, by incredible amounts.

EME did not create the conversion rates. The BHS design/dev team did and passed it along to us, and today we passed it along to you.

If you want to blame the player, excuse me but NO, i blame spacecats and his stupid mongos.

Now posts like this are counter-productive, and will just sour the relationship further between EME and the player base. Insulting EME won't get the job done. Pointing out a problem is one thing. Insulting them for said problem is another.
    Perma ban kamizuma, he knew the rates before anyone else and sold all his [filtered] before the maket crash. #BANKAMI

This also won't do anything. Don't witch-hunt users.
  • YN4K3A6E5R wrote: »
    Perma ban kamizuma, he knew the rates before anyone else and sold all his [filtered] before the maket crash. #BANKAMI

A ban wouldn't serve any purpose besides appeasing a few people who aren't well-informed.
  • Naru2008 wrote: »
    As a Community Manager myself of another company, I find this completely appalling and unprofessional of EME.

Good points presented in your post. However, you don't need the portion in which I've quoted to back up your points. It comes off as unprofessional.
    Remove the tinfoil hats. As I stated in the original post, EME did not create these ratios; nor did any players. The conversion rates were created by the BHS design team BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL IN THE CURRENT ECONOMY. NA TERA players have A LOT MORE materials in their possession than the other territories, by incredible amounts.

If you want to blame the player, excuse me but NO, i blame spacecats and his stupid mongos.

Now posts like this are counter-productive, and will just sour the relationship further between EME and the player base. Insulting EME won't get the job done. Pointing out a problem is one thing. Insulting them for said problem is another.

This also won't do anything. Don't witch-hunt users.

Those things are the way of many users on the forums, if you read other threads you can tell how they like to insult others for hobby.
This discussion has been closed.