[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

So some players actually affect TERA??

Comments

• Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    AMD549YLJ5 wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    As a Community Manager myself of another company, I find this completely appalling and unprofessional of EME.

Good points presented in your post. However, you don't need the portion in which I've quoted to back up your points. It comes off as unprofessional.

While I can see where you would find this coming off as unprofessional, I wanted to make it clear that I have experience in said position, so I sympathize with Space, knowing what this will cause him to deal with, however something needs to be done. Figured letting them know they aren't alone in this would help even just a teeny-tiny bit, even with my feedback presented in said post. I probably could have worded it differently instead.

Thanks for the feedback though.
  • Manjuh wrote: »
    So EME doesnt wanna speak about this leak and exploit and players who got rich with it now?

Any results from any investigation into what took place wouldn't be shared publicly anyway. Again, remove the tinfoil hat. Conspiracy theories are incorrect.

OK, so at least I got the answers for my questions from GM.

Q1. Will there be any penalty for those selected player?

EME : Any results from any investigation into what took place wouldn't be shared publicly anyway

Q2. Will there be any apology and/or compensation for this happening?

EME : remove the tinfoil hat. Conspiracy theories are incorrect.

Now I am asking one more thing. Is what @seandynamite said EME's official standpoint for this issue? Or just his/her personal opinion?
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just one question: Who on Earth needs to have the complete chart in order to make a guide?
  • TWMagimay wrote: »
    I have just one question: Who on Earth needs to have the complete chart in order to make a guide?

it was a good idea :angry:
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    YN4K3A6E5R wrote: »
    Remove the tinfoil hats. As I stated in the original post, EME did not create these ratios; nor did any players. The conversion rates were created by the BHS design team BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL IN THE CURRENT ECONOMY. NA TERA players have A LOT MORE materials in their possession than the other territories, by incredible amounts.

Again, let me repeat that for anyone that doesn't understand:

EME did not create the conversion rates. The BHS design/dev team did and passed it along to us, and today we passed it along to you.

If you want to blame the player, excuse me but NO, i blame spacecats and his stupid mongos.

Now posts like this are counter-productive, and will just sour the relationship further between EME and the player base. Insulting EME won't get the job done. Pointing out a problem is one thing. Insulting them for said problem is another.
    YN4K3A6E5R wrote: »
    Perma ban kamizuma, he knew the rates before anyone else and sold all his [filtered] before the maket crash. #BANKAMI

This also won't do anything. Don't witch-hunt users.

Those things are the way of many users on the forums, if you read other threads you can tell how they like to insult others for hobby.

it's called disclosure and is actually a legal requirement of most companies.
  • Ok here are what I found about the leak so far. I am still reallu careful about calling out, so I cannot give the very details.

1) It seems like the leak(or exploit) started about 2-3 days ago.

2) EME gave their document and asked help to one of the TERA fansite managers who have been helping them for the lots of things such as dungeon guide and general guide.

2.5) Most comments with people' rage were pointing out some Player council members. Although some of the selected players are also PC, they were barely mentioned for this issue. So, we all need to be careful about witch hunt.

3) I am not 100% sure, but 99% sure that it is not the first time that EME gives their doc to those people. It have not always been before the patch, but seems like it has been mostly almost same time as the day of the patch. However, the thing is EME has been collaborating with those selected members from long time ago.

4) So apparently, the leak came from one (or more) of those fansite managers.
  • biboy24biboy24 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    They have 1 week to get feedback and make changes :3
  • PlebMasterPlebMaster ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/16238/ktera-upcoming-content-feedback

You're welcome! I'm glad Bluehole Studio did the right thing. Before the gear revamp update officially being announced in NA TERA, there were people who already made lists of KTERA's item conversion and then later started destroying our NA TERA's economy which was unfair to a lot of people because not everyone is rich enough to buy the current items they need at this current patch. People started stocking up items like Semi-Enigmatic Scrolls hoping that it would convert to a high amount of token value in dismantling which led the price of items such as that to go up from its original pricing. So this pretty much sums up and gives a moral lesson to people to not always follow up with whatever KTERA has in their economy in comparison to ours. Thank you so much @ Bluehole Studio.

Edit: Just saw Halrath's post about this being Bluehole Studio's conversion for NA TERA, not En Masse Entertainment.
  • Yes but this information was public and everyone could make their use of it or not.
    On the other hand ppl who could sell tons on MES/BES and stock on Gemstones a few days ago are in an unfair advantage with this leak.
  • Yeah, some players do affect Tera. Some guilds do too, more so than others.

En Masse's Cover Up with Essential mana: https://terasource.tumblr.com/
  • @Jiash man i'm liking every one of ur post keep up the good work sir :D
  • Remove the tinfoil hats. As I stated in the original post, EME did not create these ratios; nor did any players. The conversion rates were created by the BHS design team BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL IN THE CURRENT ECONOMY. NA TERA players have A LOT MORE materials in their possession than the other territories, by incredible amounts.

Again, let me repeat that for anyone that doesn't understand:

EME did not create the conversion rates. The BHS design/dev team did and passed it along to us, and today we passed it along to you.

You are hilarious ... conspiracy? I mean we literally know what happened from the people that did it, not even including what you posted. I can show you screenshots of it being admitted what happened lol. Worry less about our hats and more about how a group of literal cats, not even from space, could run this operation better. smh you guys ... you think we're stupid.
  • Spacecats ain't never gonna help you host that tourney, bro, so you might as well post it. <3

ALSO, YOU KNOW THE ENTIRE VETERAN/ENDGAME COMMUNITY HATES YOU, EME. WHY WOULD YOU EVER TRUST EVEN A SINGLE ONE OF US? HONESTLY. HAVE SOME SELF-AWARENESS.
  • Nothing new, all these players who make content for the community or play in the KR version take advantage of the information they get early and share with their circle of friends. Just remember of the "Cutting-Edge" tittles when the 65 was released, do you think everyone who got it did in a fair way? When the game turned in to F2P some people (in some cases, guilds) got rich selling the vitriol they stocked up.
    The worst part in all this history is that EME has been dealing with the NA community since the release of TERA NA, and update after update they manage to mess up something. In this one BHS literally changed the exchange rates to be based in our economy and someone from EME thought it would be a nice idea share this information with some players early.

You want a idea to fix this mess? From that chart keep only the ones that can't be trade or give 3 or less emblem, everything else turn in trash. Take advantage of October and throw a good Kyra's for the Halloween event with the emblems as rewards, see how the things goes and adjust the rewards as needed. Oh, and the most important, share the information with everyone.
This discussion has been closed.