[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Gear Progression Revamp Information Begins!

Comments

• what happens to ambush set crafting materials? like lady pow etc?
  • KJKKNRJFWK wrote: »
    what happens to ambush set crafting materials? like lady pow etc?

That is a very very very good question, I know a LOT who are like just a few Hypnotic Powders away from crafting one and get to FINALLY use the +12 scroll.

I guess a lot of players would like to know if they should just give up on ambush right now or make a final push for the next 5 days.

Can we get a response to this? @Spacecats @Halrath @seandynamite

Thanks in advance!
  • Ambush materials and Tier 11 enchanting stuff don't convert to tokens, from the lists I saw.
  • I was reading through the guides, but saw nothing about the old gear crafting part, i was wondering what could i do with my
    Lady’s Handkerchiefs
    Caprin Handless
    Eau de Fascinations
    Hypnotic Powders
    Envy Crystals
    I was gonna make an ambush weapon soon, i was almost done, but the update will be coming soon so i don't know what to do with them.
    Can i make them in to tokens or do i sell the things i can asap so i have gold for the new upgrade system?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    9FA5NLFNGJ wrote: »
    I was reading through the guides, but saw nothing about the old gear crafting part, i was wondering what could i do with my
    Lady’s Handkerchiefs
    Caprin Handless
    Eau de Fascinations
    Hypnotic Powders
    Envy Crystals
    I was gonna make an ambush weapon soon, i was almost done, but the update will be coming soon so i don't know what to do with them.
    Can i make them in to tokens or do i sell the things i can asap so i have gold for the new upgrade system?

They wont be able to convert into tokens, so far we have seen.

You can try to sell them or try to get the rest of the mats you need but at this point when we know most of the cost of enchanting mats for old gear in new patch, I think is better to try to sell them.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    9FA5NLFNGJ wrote: »
    I was reading through the guides, but saw nothing about the old gear crafting part, i was wondering what could i do with my
    Lady’s Handkerchiefs
    Caprin Handless
    Eau de Fascinations
    Hypnotic Powders
    Envy Crystals

They cannot be converted into tokens because they are not from this gear patch, those items are from VM8 which is already a patch old (will be 2 patches old on Tuesday).
  • After watching Friday's stream, I think that overall this is a change for the better (despite the obvious discontent about exchange ratios, which is an issue for another topic). However, I would like to point out that you also should've shed some light on the new crafting features in the stream. I imagine that it was too much to fit in into a small time frame which would obviously be remedied if there were 2 weekly preview streams, instead of just one. There are new systems introduced, like the jewelry etchings, that didn't even get mentioned in the stream. It's all good that there is a guide on Essential Mana, but it would've been better if we had some official input on it.

And, on a somewhat unrelated note, the preview video for the stream was the cringiest thing I've ever seen, but you guys really need to do more of that kind of OC (original content) stuff. Might seem banal, but such cheap productions are actually solid PR and put human faces on the staff, instead of the authority and blundering managers, that most people seem to equate the staff with.
  • Karzoe wrote: »
    KJKKNRJFWK wrote: »

That is a very very very good question, I know a LOT who are like just a few Hypnotic Powders away from crafting one and get to FINALLY use the +12 scroll.

I guess a lot of players would like to know if they should just give up on ambush right now or make a final push for the next 5 days.

Thanks in advance!

Bumping
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Karzoe wrote: »
    Karzoe wrote: »
    KJKKNRJFWK wrote: »

Thanks in advance!

Bumping

Untitled_1.1507471569.png
    http://picpaste.com/Untitled_1.png
    Nothing.
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Can we get some clarity on pre planning for this update? Like what I want to know is if it's going to cost me 2k feedstock to awaken my deathwrack gear after the update? Will it cost me a 150-180 feedstock for each awaken enchant on my deathwrack gear after the update? Or should I do this before the update? Is the removal of awaken only apply to the new gear but the old gear (oblit,deathwrack,ambush) stays on the old awaken system? This alone would help me decide and prepare my current deathwrack gear which is not at +15 yet. Obviously the goal is to get it +15 so I can convert it to top tier gear but I don't want to dump mats into my gear now if it will save me costs after the update?
    edited October 2017
    Can we get some clarity on pre planning for this update? Like what I want to know is if it's going to cost me 2k feedstock to awaken my deathwrack gear after the update?
    No
    Will it cost me a 150-180 feedstock for each awaken enchant on my deathwrack gear after the update?
    Yes, as well as Masterwork Alkahest ie. nothing changed
    Or should I do this before the update?
    Refer to above
    Is the removal of awaken only apply to the new gear but the old gear (oblit,deathwrack,ambush) stays on the old awaken system?
    Awakening system is removed entirely. Awakened gear stays awakened
    This alone would help me decide and prepare my current deathwrack gear which is not at +15 yet.
    Hope this helps
    Obviously the goal is to get it +15 so I can convert it to top tier gear.
    Mhmmmm

Cheers o/
  • Can we get some clarity on pre planning for this update? Like what I want to know is if it's going to cost me 2k feedstock to awaken my deathwrack gear after the update?
    No
    Will it cost me a 150-180 feedstock for each awaken enchant on my deathwrack gear after the update?
    Yes, as well as Masterwork Alkahest ie. nothing changed
    Or should I do this before the update?
    Refer to above
    Is the removal of awaken only apply to the new gear but the old gear (oblit,deathwrack,ambush) stays on the old awaken system?
    Awakening system is removed entirely. Awakened gear stays awakened
    This alone would help me decide and prepare my current deathwrack gear which is not at +15 yet.
    Hope this helps
    Obviously the goal is to get it +15 so I can convert it to top tier gear.
    Mhmmmm

Cheers o/

So basically I should just carry on with my +13 deathwrack gear now as it won't save me after the update.. I also read somewhere to use extensive, and premium alkahest now as we won't be able to use it after the update? Thank you so much for answering!!
    I also read somewhere to use extensive, and premium alkahest now as we won't be able to use it after the update?
    Yes, only Masterwork Alkahest can be used to enchant above +9
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    But not the Masterwork Alkahest you have now! What you have will be relabeled as "degraded masterwork alkahest" which you can trade for emblems to purchase NEW masterwork alkahest for enchanting. And the rates are not favorable!
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    So will feedstock be used to enchant old gear then? I know you said it stays unchanged.. but I thought I heard on the twitch stream that the new mats will be used even on deathwrack/oblit/ambush gear? Unless I heard them wrong. Do you know for sure if it's going to be feedstock or new enchanting mats to enchant deathwrack gear after the update? Also.. do I need to use my extensive and premium alkahest before the update? or will i be able to use it on my deathwrack gear still?