[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

A Simple Math of the New gearing patch

most of us noticed the rate of tokens in the new gearing patch is VERY VERY LOW compared to what it should be.
but im not gonna discuss that here cuz its EME's job to do their best for the players. (but most players are dissapointed. to not say everybody)
i saw the new about new gearing patch when i got home. and saw the video of the link. cool.
and in the video they showed the new gear that will be given to the lv65 in the new patch (like the actual idoneal gears).
and then there is the table showing the list of the mats requiered for the enchantment of it. here we go.
This is the price u'll need to pay to enchant the Idoneal 2.0 aka LOW TIER. yes. LOW TIER. aka slaughter/guile in this patch.
(there are mid tier+high tier + top tier after it)

according to the table. Just to enchant FULL low tier and convert it into mid tier & the misery gear in our patch, u'll need all this:
109+80+66+66=321 Golden Talents
91+64+51+51=257=Wood Scrap
39+28+22+22=111 Archdevan Catalyst
6974+4971+3977+3977=19899 Gold. ~20k gold
now. the big part.
1 Golden Talent = 30 tokens.
1 Wood Scrap = 10 tokens.
1 Archdevan Catalyst = 10 tokens.
so in total =321*30+257*10+111*10=13310 tokens.
and according to what they posted. 1 ses = 28 tokens. so 13310 = 475 ses.... lets say its 150g ea. so its 71k gold.
and with the ~20k gold its 90k gold in total.
to begin with, i really doubt a new lv65 can afford this. and a lv65 with no gear can literally do NOTHING. nobody will accept him in lfgs and less if he's new and ppl doesnt know him, and less posibility he will have if he's in strong servers like MT/TR. not talking about the few lfgs on the other servers. he probably can only do channelworks or not even that.
u may think 90k is not big money to enchant it into mid tier (or the conversion of misery+12). but remember that the success rate was 100%.
how many gold will cost u if misery is 100% success rate? probably not even 20k. and this costs 90k.
and remember the mats used in this tier are the cheapest mats. higher tier uses more expensive mats. and its NOT 100% success rate. at top tier u may fail 50+ times to get a single success. and each try may cost u 30k+ gold value's items. and most of us wont be able to afford it for sure.
i agree that we have more mes/ses/bes than Ktera but its because we had events like the summer festival, that we have more mats is not a reason to undercut so much the rate of the tokens. since every mat was grinded by the players. and not every player is able grind it.
475 ses can be all a player has if he didnt farm the events like the non-lifers with 10+ alts. (not offending cuz they worked hard for it everyday)
i can tell Tera has 3 tiers of players.
1. non lifers / Tera Lovers: >3h Tera play time per day. they wont be playing a game so long everyday if they dont love it. and less if they have work / school. serious.
2. normal players: 1h-3h play time per day. they have more things to do and cant play Tera even if they want. but they like the game. yolo or serious.
3. casual players. <10mins per day / 1h per week. just as the name says. they're just casual and they dont really bother about the game. yolo.

tier1 are the top players. with high game experience / gold / gear / etc. they play the most. and they have the most gold cuz they've spent all the day for it. they can afford the cost even if the price is 10x higher. just look at kamizuma for example, 80 millions in gold in a single server. he surely can get top tier gears whatever u do. but he's Kamizuma and there's only 1 Kamizuma.....not every top tier player can afford the big ammount of gold in the new patch but they can get 1 part at least.

tier2 are normal players. some may be rich or have the gear but only few of them. most of them are around high-top tier gears. only some of them will be able to get top tier, with effort or gold. and others buying gold with emp. but only few of them will be able to do it.

tier3 players will never be able to get top tier gears. no need to explain it i think.

and if u think. the active player base is mostly from tier 1 and tier 2.... that the rate is very low wont affect the tier 3 players cuz they dgafk. the mostly affected will be the tier1 and tier2 players cuz they invested so much in the game and just bc the new rate they lose tons of gold. (for example ses was 300g ea before and now ~150g ea only. losing 50% of the gold. and im sure they dont get their gold for free, all the gold they have they've worked for it)
i just hope EME can keep this in mind. cuz poor ppl in this game will still be poor. and rich ppl wont get affected by whatever u do cuz they'll get the money back anyway.
dont ruin this beautiful game by throwing the players away, and lets make it better <3 between all

Comments

• KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Fun fact kamizuma dont gear his characters. So even if he can. He will not go for top+9 in the first week
  • they have done this befor you know, befor we had these feedstock we had some sort of dust and even befor that we just used gear to enchant our main gear.
    overall the main reason they do this is to take away some of the "i have 200000000000 alks and 4000000 mes bring it on!" and the next day every one drops the game because they already have there +12 or +15
    just go with the flow and dont look at all the math because math sucks
  • mid tier player always be mid tier players , so im no sure why they want get high tier gear ( since is like get VM from last season pacht) and toptier is like VM current pacht

if casual players dont have full misery in the main character , why they need get hightier next pacht since took more mats and gold ? if the upgrade to mid tier +0 from misery +12 only took somes golden essenses and always be 100% ?

of course, im glad you can get tokens no only for ses ( cuz 5 g per token dont affected all servers and prices in tradebroker ) so you can get token from almost old mats super cheap and super flood market

your maths is wrong ( for low and mid tier )

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    A casual is not labeled becuase the amount of time he spend, not even for his skills but for his interests in the game.

Hardcore gamers can be wont be hurt for these changes since they will still have enought to get some alts with top tier.

The only ones affected by this are those who thought to makes tons of gold selling old mats to casual players but if you classified a casual as someone that playes the game about 1 hour per week then either way you never will make gold from them.

I think your description of casual players are some what innacurate or only take into account a slim population of what casuals really are.
  • @StevenAnthony just read again. the math is right. its from low tier (idoneal 2.0) to mid tier (misery +12 conversion). and beeing mid tier player doesnt mean u cant go for high tier or top tier. if so then it just means u're not willing to challenge&try&overcome the endgame contents and know the new things about it
  • @ElinUsagi the casual player of my context are just the casual players. the ones that barely plays the game, not even login in. all the others are in the normal player section, including erping / yolo / afk ones, also the 'casual' players u're calling about
  • @StevenAnthony just read again. the math is right. its from low tier (idoneal 2.0) to mid tier (misery +12 conversion). and beeing mid tier player doesnt mean u cant go for high tier or top tier. if so then it just means u're not willing to challenge&try&overcome the endgame contents and know the new things about it

cuz they dont need this maths, very simple .....
  • In Ktera. The new patch actually benefit NEW player better.

I like how you ignore all other ways to get the materials and just want to buy everything with gold and token.
  • In Ktera. The new patch actually benefit NEW player better.

I like how you ignore all other ways to get the materials and just want to buy everything with gold and token.

no its just a comparison. cuz in the end u'll need gold to enchant the gears anyway. farming mats will take the time, im not against that. but low tier players wont be able to get the mats if they cant even do anything cuz nobody wants them in party, do u know what i mean? in that case getting the gear with gold is the only way they have. and not saying that ppl prefers playing with party of same tier for more efficiency instead of wiping for life
  • Well I am casual player. I play about 2 to (max) 4 hours every other day (every day if there's an event I like) I have max misery gear (minus earrings) and 50k in the bank.
    Looks like I won't be able to upgrade all my stuff, but don't fret I have a casual adittude as well and if it takes me a few more weeks to farm it myself, or months for that matter, then idc that's how long it will take , I'm not buying off the broker to get there.

It's the journey not the destination... at least that's what I scream to my comp when we wipe in hard mode and I log off to try it again another day.
  • walking1987walking1987 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    LilMsQTay wrote: »
    Well I am casual player. I play about 2 to (max) 4 hours every other day (every day if there's an event I like) I have max misery gear (minus earrings) and 50k in the bank.
    Looks like I won't be able to upgrade all my stuff, but don't fret I have a casual adittude as well and if it takes me a few more weeks to farm it myself, or months for that matter, then idc that's how long it will take , I'm not buying off the broker to get there.

It's the journey not the destination... at least that's what I scream to my comp when we wipe in hard mode and I log off to try it again another day.

Actually, you will be able to upgrade all your stuff faster than it is right now.
    2-4hrs a day would get you to mid-high tier gear fairly easy. you will see
    And unlike the current gear where you need to get the set to have the set bonus. The new gear doesn't have that. meaning you can choose what to upgrade first.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    You're assuming you'll be buying everything using Entropic Emblems when many of the stuff drops in large quantities if you just play the game.
  • walking1987

I do like that I don't or won't feel compelled to have to stock pile stuff and wait to upgrade all at once to get a set bonas.
  • curious. per my understanding that mes and ces are being phased out, would it only make sense to stock up ces from the merc as it should be getting removed?