[TERA PC] Kaia’s War—the latest content update for TERA PC—is now live! This patch brings a host of improvements to PvP, including increased rewards for battleground victories and Civil Unrest: Velika. Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v92_notes

Any chance of Elite getting an update?

124»

Comments

• @Koikoi

I did not know that, wow. What tier level?
  • honestly elite got better and worse since i last checked awhile ago
    the boosts are nice, and i love the EMP, but some things are outdated imo
    why not upgrade the mount? thats my main gripe
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Eylse wrote: »
    honestly elite got better and worse since i last checked awhile ago
    the boosts are nice, and i love the EMP, but some things are outdated imo
    why not upgrade the mount? thats my main gripe
    I've seen a few people say the mount needs an update but any request for what it should be swapped to?
  • HAKP4FNNEXHAKP4FNNEX ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Meshak wrote: »
    Elite used to get traveling bank. It was called travel insurance. You could summon schwab, and some others I don't think I ever used it once I had the travel journal, I still have over a hundred in my bank actually. Crystal Binds are kind of too easy to get to make it a worth while elite perk. Of course if that changes after the patch it would be good.

We used to get costume and pet items. Mostly they were 1-7 day items so it didn't replace the store. But if iirc very rarely they were permanent.

Its funny though I've actually been asking around what the point of elite is once your 65. I don't play for a long time so double dungeons doesn't help me much, maybe it would when/if I dungeon more. I don't even know what all the reset scrolls I have are for, but I cant trade or sell them.

I like the idea of increased dailies. It would be nice to farm gold on one character instead of just having to log in another 65 to do the same dailies. I don't see how having 2x vanguards would be pay to win since its already available in game, just with multiple characters.

The big downer for me with elite is the 1-7 alkahest, feedstock or whatever is worthless. At the end of the month its what maybe 100 feedstock or alkahest which is not helpful at all.

The gold, vanguard and exp boost has been nice, although I don't know how that will play out after the patch.

I agree elite should be QOL to keep it from pay to win, so maybe giving short duration costumes, pets, mounts or special "glows" with rare permanent items. Or maybe meaningful discounts in the store.

This is just some of what I remember liking about the old loot boxes though, maybe a lot of people don't care about these things. I'm certainly not an elite level player so I don't know what's useful endgame.

That's a one time banker. I think what people want is a permanent one, like everfull.
    MoeBunny wrote: »
    Somethings I'd like to see changed and added to elite are:
    • ◽ Double item XP from vanguard (XP that goes towards gear enchantment success) FK72AP3.jpg?1
    • ◽ Triple dungeon entries
    • ◽ Auto loot pet on elite bar
    • ◽Permanent Complete Crystalbind
    • ◽ Monthly Cosmetic gift box

Auto loot pet sounds like it'll be better than always having a banker.
  • Naru2008 wrote: »
    After reading most of the responses here that actually suggested some things to change, here's a summary of everyone's opinions, and my own;

What to keep;
    - Elite Crafter's Cure
    - Daily 15 EMP allotment (Possible increase, say to 20? Read reasoning below under 'What to Change')
    - Travel Atlas

What to get rid of;
    - Gold Boost (This actually is useful for alts that are leveling, especially on IoD, fresh out of level 65, so not sure why everyone is for this)
    - In the Elite Gift Box, get rid of the scrolls that are now useless this update (Mainly Beta, Delta, and Gamma) (unless the new dungeons are filling in those slots)

What to add;
    - A second Elite Crafter's Cure (with a chance to be given a normal Crafter's Cure, in case we're short on gold?)
    - Possibly some Strong Bravery Potions? (Depending on how people respond to this.)
    - I know this would be out of EME's possibility to do this, but what about a wheel we spin every day with different items on it that would rotate in and out to replace the Gold Boost every day? I think EU has something in their shop similar to that? (I think it's called Wheel of Fortune) (I've only played it twice, and I remember seeing some kind of wheel in their Store page.) Items included could be Bravery Potions(x10), Complete Crystalbinds(x10), materials that are in the new shops (varying amounts), gems, different Mounts and Skins, etc. The exception would be F2P players could spend a certain amount of EMP to spin as well, but Elites got 1 free spin a day. Of course, the rarer items would have tremendously low drop rates to prevent anyone from getting it too often and devaluing the items. I'm actually interested to see what everyone else thinks about this.

What to change;
    - Current Elite Mount (Something new, something unique. Not something that is just a re-skin of a current mount.) Maybe if a new mount comes out, for a week we get to use it, to show it off? By doing this we promote the new mount, and possibly get some people to actually buy the mount, which means more money in EME's pocket.
    - EMP amount to 20 from 15 (refer to 'What to Keep') (This way those items that some of us can't exactly reach at times that end with 0 and we are stuck with, say, 245 when it costs 250, would help tremendously. I'm not one of these users, but I'm sure this is a pain for some out there.)
    - Travel Journal (upgrade to 5 more slots)
    - Ghillieglade - Not really related to Elite Status except we get free entries, but maybe add some possibility of Gold dropping from the treasure chest? I agree with everyone else who touched on this; The only thing worthwhile is the Gold Finger Tokens. Either increase the amount of tokens, or add something more worth-while in the dungeon.

Thoughts?

The wheel idea is cool man.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Welp, apparently I edited it one too many times, so it's currently waiting approval, but glad you got to quote it first, ShadowOfLight.

I also think an auto-loot pet would be lovely. It of course wouldn't be permanent, just for as long as our elite status lasts.
  • KaspanovaKaspanova ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Jumped right to the end and maybe missed it. But for people like me, here's the EU's Tera Club rewards: https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-preview-changes-to-the-tera-club

Going back to read the discussion.
  • Kaspanova wrote: »
    Jumped right to the end and maybe missed it. But for people like me, here's the EU's Tera Club rewards: https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-preview-changes-to-the-tera-club

Going back to read the discussion.

Overpower feelsbad
  • removed emp .........
  • -Absolutely NO Perma CCB, Crystals breaking are an achievement, and for achievement hunters (as simple as it might be, and for those that don't know about it), this would restrict them from having access to that achievement. CCB's in general are plentiful from BAMs in general, so just remove CCB from the possible daily box drop.

-The 12 1 hour Gold Boosts should be made Perma Gold boosts though.

-Increase Atlas to 10 locations.

-EMP to 20 per day.

Besides this for Elite changes, they need to address TERA Rewards Emporium and keep up dungeons to grant TERA Rewards Points and even some Credits.
  • I like most of the ideas above but tbh crafting is a chore since they removed the crafting scroll that increased the speed. Increased crafting speed may be a tiny QoL change, but it'd be AWESOME.
    More gear exp would be cool too since the exp boost is useless except for the few hours it takes to level. As someone with 17 65s, I love that boost, but it's entirely pointless now.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Since crafting is so big this patch how about

Double production points
    Cures restore amount x2

This would definitely be worth subbing to elite for.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    Since crafting is so big this patch how about

Double production points
    Cures restore amount x2

This would definitely be worth subbing to elite for.

You already save 5k from merchants with one crafters cure that you have on Elite.

I wouldn't mid to have an extra potion but I don't think is needed.