What are the new Crit caps for classes?

For example: Valk still 100 total crit factor is sufficient?

Comments

• StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    I played with 218 crit on archer and had >95% crit. Before patch. This number (210-220) got from different resources of another region of Tera. After patch I raised it to 234 and its fine again. Below this number was a bit tough.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I heard from some players and around. Fix it if I am wrong (+ crit factor numbers)

Warrior: +250 crit factor?
    Archer: +230-240 crit factor?
    Gunner: +250 crit factor?
    Lancer: ......?
    Ninja: As much as you can?
    Slayer: +300?
    Zerk: +300?
    Valk: +60?

Would be nice to get some info about this :)
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warriors use full power accessories almost exclusively now, so no, definitely not +250.
    Archer: +206 gives 70% crit, so no again.
    Gunner: That is absolutely way too high, by almost 80 crit factor. Ludicrously high.
    Lancer, 3 crit, 2 power is doing the same as 5 crit. Hold the line adds 60 crit factor so 230-240 should be about right.
    Ninja: I don't play
    Slayer: Haven't touched it yet.
    Zerk: Still using +316 crit factor
    Valk: still using +48 crit factor.

For HH and RKH (when it comes out,) you can expect to add crit factor obviously.
  • RathgarRathgar ✭✭✭
    Slayer needs a Class Guide rewrite, big time.

I think it's 245 crit rate to ensure Measured Slice crits 100%. From there, it seems to be personal preference. I went as much Crit rate as I could get so Ultimate Overhand Slash can crit - it doesn't have the same innate 30% chance normal OHS has.

I'm totally in the Slayer camp of using two 7.2% CDR lines on your weapon now and have Energetic Etchings on weapon and hands. MOAR IN COLD BLOOD!

I've seen some of the really high end players mixing jewelry a lot. 2 Pumped Ears or 1 Pumped Ear and 1 Ring. Like I said, personal preference after 245. I'm sure the extra Power is for PVP. I'm PVE only.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    So I heard from some players and around. Fix it if I am wrong (+ crit factor numbers)

Warrior: +250 crit factor?
    Archer: +230-240 crit factor?
    Gunner: +250 crit factor?
    Lancer: ......?
    Ninja: As much as you can?
    Slayer: +300?
    Zerk: +300?
    Valk: +60?

Would be nice to get some info about this :)
    like casandratr say zerk need +316 crit factor dont matter if are low or mid tier

im still test in sorcerer, but is no easy since you need change crit and power to mid/high/top tier ( im dont care if im run with priest or mistic since im do less damage with mistic huehue )
  • Slayer: Haven't touched it yet.

; ;
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I will eventually... lol. I just have 3 other classes with stormcry that I'm working on.
  • what is the crit cap for warrior now? newbie here tnks
  • Only have done a few test with lknm and kd with warrior's crit factor but what it feels like is around +160 is enough to make scythe crit from the back with the triple crit glyph. could be wrong though cause i havent done any of the other dgns and only a few runs of full power acc and inner with a mystic most of the time.
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I'm not as knowledgeable for most of the classes but I can probably give some insight about what I think for lancer. I feel like there really is no crit factor cap for lancer. Even I had questioned this to myself before but through experience it feels like there is really none unless someone really knows if there is one?

You can have like +550 crit (keen emote + brooch + 10 stacks) and wallop will still not crit lol or +300 and wallop crits but spring attacks don't crit. Because there seems like not much cap for lancer, it's good to get some sweet spot in the crit and then stack as much power as you can. Sometimes you can figure this out by experiencing sample sizes in your runs when trying different setups.

The good sweet spot for lancer I think is around +230-290 depending on if you use 3crit/2pow or full 5 pc crit. I use 3 crit 2 Pow setup a lot in my experience (except I use full crit 5 pc for vergos in hh). In this patch with the 3crit/2pow, my crit is at +234 unbuffed. In the new dungeons, 10 stacks + lamb, the crit for me averages around 40-42 ish percent with solo priest. Without Lamb it's around 37-38 percent, 40 percent if lucky. I have yet to test with mystic in this patch. From what I researched a bit: with mystic + 5 crit pc + lamb + full 10 stacks, it can reach near 50-53 percent crit rate avg. And of course average crit always varies on rng and total length of boss fight. The crit resist is also much higher in this patch for the new boss dungeons. If you're doing something like harrowhold p2-p4 for example, you'd wanna go with full crit 5 pc instead of the other since vergos crit resist is very high at the front.
    Thanks all for info, but seems confusing to me. I have higher cap and still I see some very stinky white attacks. My luck is crap I think :confused:

So what about:

Brawler: +200-240?
    Reaper: As much as you can?
  • DeathologistDeathologist ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I don't know how some players came up with those numbers, I am not good enough and not a Tera hard core players, because being a hard core players in a game that its content gets killed by its developer seems a waste of time for me, but me to time I come around because this MMO has an action and versatility when it comes to play each class still keeps you attracted to Tera. I am checking some numbers with low gears and on low tier bams, usually doing solo with low gears and the balance crit and power can give you the idea. Most players get to IOD with higher tier gears and kill those bams and think they are doing alright with crit/power balance they have and when they get to high end content the problems mostly showing up.

Anyway lets get to crit factor and dps factor. The good thing this patch introduced is you can easily manage your rolls to reach the optimal balance.

1. Valk: Needs +50 crit factor, remember 10% nerf and also crit resistance is higher, you want to have a bit more crit on some crucial skills, I recommend +60, because you can even see white number on Crescent with previous crit factor. I prefer Energetic etching for gloves/weap, and then hard core players I assume can go for full power etch for accessories. ( after some more tests, I think +50 crit factor did fine, so +50-55 seems fine, 60 was overdue.

2. Warrior: If not mistaken, +240 have been the scythe crit cap, so anything under that is a mistake, also around 30% of warrior damage had been said that comes from Blade Draw, so under +260 will effect Blade Draw definitely as you see way less white Blade Draw with +260, etching can be mixed with Pumped and Energetic, personal preference on warrior. I have doubts around Tank War tho, since Warrior get frontal crit buff, I think that number can still works for them, that needs more tests. (numbers with Assault stance being on)

3. Gunner: +150 is optimal for Gunner this patch I believe, under that number can be a whole lotta white numbers on filler skills and hurt the total dps. For etching I like to have energetic to reduce the CD for Balder's vengeance which does lots of dmg now and att speed can do good for them, Pumped always good too.

4. Archer: +235-250, under +230 you will see white numbers on critical skill such as RF, thunderbolt, RA. So definitely you will lose a lotta of DPS under +230. Etching I prefer Pumped but some players I have seen go for mixed energetic/pumped, depends on the builds and type of inner.

5. Ninja: +280-300, this class seems weird to me. Everything feels so random when it comes to dps and crits, the biggest problem to me is the animation of skills, they seem slow and animation frames seems slow, these hurts this class, Double Cut, and other crucial skills got long animations. This class is very ping-depended even if it is one of the most easy classes in Tera to master. I prefer Energetic and not a fan of much power on this class.

6. Zerk: Still Slaying Zerk is S tier and too stronk, +320-330 crit, many players don't believe in CDR, so they pick Crit Power as fourth weapon roll. Etching depending on your build. Pumped, Keen, Energetic can help you depends on your build.

7. Mystic: I haven't tested much yet, but 3 crit/2 power, +250-260 Crit factor with Merciless Aura seemed fine for me with dps build and rolls, and I should say, it feels very refreshing to have mystic DPS back but I still miss old days with charms that you could pick based on your build. etching, Energetic and pumped seems good for DPS mystic. ( I did some more killing as dps, I think getting +280-300 crit factor with Merciless Aura might do better, needs more testing)

8. Brawler: Haven't tested much with dungeons mid tier to high tier and think it through but I noticed less than +260 is hurting crit on Rage, Piledriver, Jackhammer a lot and you can see them not crit many times and you lose so much dps with fillers. Etching Energetic and pumped do real good.

9. Slayer: My opinion and my preference :/ , play it for fun this patch unless we get any good change for them, worse dps class in game right now, Ninja is doing better, You might get crit on MS, but everything else can not crit no matter how much crit you have, +330 is mandatory I believe, etching, Energetic and Pumped, more pumped, ppl say more ICB but that won't help you much, it just softens the RNG a bit not making anything 100%.

10. Lancer: +260-270 crit necessary now, under that number even on low tier bams of IOD and low dungeons, you will see lots of white numbers, specially on Wallop, so you have to have that +260 this patch. Energetic weap/gloves, pumped for jewels.

11. Reaper: +280-300, ping depended class for highest dps, but still if you get the hang of it can manage high dps. This class also have the animation problem that effects dps, but I like this class if it weren't Elin Exclusive this class would have been one of most favorable class in whole Tera, with better and less framed animation tho. I prefer Energetic etching for everything.

12. Sorc: same as slayer this class needs help when it comes to Crit, it doesn't matter how much crit you build, RNG can wreck you as you can see a whole lotta white numbers coming up on your screen. +280-300 crit factor, Problem with Sorc is the crucial skills have long cast, if they don't crit then you are rekt and lost time and dps, so those long cast skills better crit, so I recommend +300 crit factor, Forcefulness for Dungeon runs, Pounding for solo runs, Energetic for players under 200 ping or even lesser, Pumped for high pings cause that won't help you much, keen if you need to reach that optimal crit factor.

Priest I haven't tried yet, also those numbers and stuff I said are my personal preference that came from testing classes on IOD mostly with Guardian set mostly, so in longer fights I could see the numbers and how they show up with multiple builds, those Etchings II from IOD tokens helped to figure out some stuff lol
  • As a main slayer, I have to ask just how bad is it? A couple weeks ago when I was in twistshard and running crit factor at 316 total, I was getting crits frequently, in the 7mil to 10mil range. It varies from boss fights of course. I'm going off of what shows up in my combat log. What should I be seeing as, good or acceptable damage? I do play the class regardless. I just like hitting stuff. ^^
    Paizen wrote: »
    As a main slayer, I have to ask just how bad is it? A couple weeks ago when I was in twistshard and running crit factor at 316 total, I was getting crits frequently, in the 7mil to 10mil range. It varies from boss fights of course. I'm going off of what shows up in my combat log. What should I be seeing as, good or acceptable damage? I do play the class regardless. I just like hitting stuff. ^^

I am hearing as said when it gets to mid tier and high tier stuff Slayer crits gets even worse :D
  • Well that sucks. lol I'll have to pay attention to that and try, if I can, offset that. :)