RK-9 unusual mechanic advice

Hi I decided to try the new dungeon today, but I need some help dealing with the Savvis mechanic, does anyone have any tips? I've recorded some video so you know which mechanic I'm talking about.

(oh btw at the end there it says 37 ping since the gif doesn't really have the quality to show it)
YES, YOU MAY HAVE FIGURED OUT THIS IS YET ANOTHER WHINY LAG POST ABOUT SAVVIS BEING UTTERLY TERRIBLE. (sorry about cursing, whichever mod deleted that)
NO THERE IS STILL NO SOLUTION THAT ALLOWS ME TO PLAY TERA RELIABLY!
YES, TERA HAS BEEN UNRELIABLE FOR A YEAR NOW!
NO, I DON'T WANT TO QUIT AND GO PLAY A BETTER GAME, I LIKE TERA.

Edit: Oh and before one of the usual trolls comes and blames my isp, it's sadly not. It's savvis, as evidenced by this screenshot from 4 minutes ago where i have 20 ping to chicago and then massive packet loss as soon as i hit a savvis node.
https://i.imgur.com/GGnYXOb.png

Comments

• NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Turn off injector.

;:^3
  • Actually, using that would probably solve my problem. I'm just not a cheater, so I don't use it :(
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I actually love the fact every single post about situations like this is 'Turn off your hacks' 'turn off your injector' etc, etc.

Like, have any of you actually thought, just maybe, not every person complaining about packet loss and lag is a cheater or hacker? Honestly, if you have nothing worth contributing to the post, go away. You're not helping people who actually have this problem. You're a jackass.
  • The lag actually "helped" you avoid the rockets that come after the triple punch lol. All you had to do was avoid the back AOE and you would've been golden.

But, ya, that was a terrible lag... This hasn't happened to me yet, but I would've been pissed.
  • biboy24biboy24 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    99% of the people saying Turn off injector is the one using it.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    I actually love the fact every single post about situations like this is 'Turn off your hacks' 'turn off your injector' etc, etc.

Like, have any of you actually thought, just maybe, not every person complaining about packet loss and lag is a cheater or hacker? Honestly, if you have nothing worth contributing to the post, go away. You're not helping people who actually have this problem. You're a jackass.

I actually love when my baity posts get a bite. :3
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Actually, using that would probably solve my problem. I'm just not a cheater, so I don't use it :(

You're right actually. A little reading on how the "injector" works and user testimonials reveals that it does in fact fix the notorious lancer onslaught desync issue (among many other ping related problems that the devs never even tried to fix). The notion that you were "injecting" ... It's an ironic accusation to make, even if it was made in jest, because if you'd been "injecting" as they say, you wouldn't have had a reason to make this thread in the first place.

Does your lag occur at a specific time during the day? For me I can guarantee that I won't be able to play between 6 and 8 in the afternoon (pst). During this window I always get ping spikes that make the game unplayable for me. Other online applications run just fine of course, but not tera. Last time this happened, it was Zayo's routing and the issue only resolved when we switched to Savvis. Sucks how what works for one can be devastating for another. Anyway, people have been bringing this up for nearly a year. Maybe more actually. I don't really think there's anything that can be done about it; I've started just doing other things between 6 and 8 pm. It's not ideal but it's realistic.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get what's going on how did he teleport behind the boss when he's holding a block
  • I wish it were just two hours a day but it's more like twelve lately. I pretty much only get to play from 3 am to 3 pm which you can probably tell is not ideal
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    I don't get what's going on how did he teleport behind the boss when he's holding a block

Onslaught desync
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, I am just using tokens, off-topic soz but my ping is +500 and when it comes down it get to 350. It have to stare at my upgrade panel till it produces something. So maybe lag effecting that too. Too laggy recently for part of players.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Decided to record what that first gif SHOULD look like, this is same connection and computer and etc, just earlier in the day before savvis starts lagging.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    so I wasn't off topic at all. Lag is really bad, I mean past 2 days, I didn't do anything beside token exchanging, even that for me takes longer. Idk why EME is not taking lag seriously :/
  • Just wanted to say, not a huge user of forum here. But when I do I find your posts informative.
    so ty :) - loved "what not to buy" LoL. wrote the list down!