[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

RK-9 unusual mechanic advice

2»

Comments

• Why would you want to let the thread die? This has been a problem for literally a year and gets worse every day...
  • This is something EME has control over, they've fixed it in the past. I don't know why they reverted that fix because there's no communication on the subject, but that's not the salient point here. I live 200 miles from the server and have 20% packet loss with wildly fluctuating ping every single night, but flawless 30 ping connection at off-hours. As you can see from my traceroute, it has to do with savvis/cogent peering being congested which, yes, is a savvis problem. unfortunately i'm not a savvis customer so they won't respond to my inquiries at all and instead tell me to contact someone who is a customer. Which is what I'm doing! I appreciate that you've been forced to read my posts with a gun to your head and you're tired of them, but I'm quite tired of not being able to play tera for 12 hours a night.
  • It's not one customer who has issues with savvis, it's (probably, only eme or their data center would have this info...) everyone carried on cogent who is outside the chicago area but closer than atlanta or dallas. I understand that's not a huge number of people, but the fact is that it was undeniably better across the board when they were load balancing between savvis and zayo. I'd wager that the only reason there's not more people complaining is because most people getting this lag solve it the same way that people keep suggesting to me, they just cheat.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Move to Australia , you'll get low ping :p
    Had to finally say after reading all your posts and never saying
  • ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    dont use onslaught.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    7 o clock ping spikes right on schedule :train entering the station emoji:
    Equitas wrote: »
    Because out of the 10 threads you've created, 8 of them have been about the same thing (and 1 of the 2 that weren't still had a complaint about it). It's not getting anyone anywhere. If was an issue that En Masse had control over, it would surely be having an impact on everyone's performance. I don't have an issue with latency. Most people I've spoken with don't have an issue with latency. I think the community managers went way out of line with their "diagnostic" thread (which they have fortunately since deleted), because now you have people from Europe and South America demanding something be done about lag, while almost purposefully ignoring 2 key facts:

1. Distance from server plays an important role.
    2. Sometimes certain nodes get overloaded, or experience other issues.

If you have a problem with Savvis and data transmission, contact Savvis. If you have a better solution, then I'm sure they'd be happy to work with you to accept payment for the cost of transferring and hosting on a new server hive that would personally suit you.

Have you considered that most of the people who had ongoing connection problems quit the game ages ago because of it. Obviously by now, a year later and after the game's lost tons of players, the people remaining wouldn't have problems. What kind of masochist keeps playing a game that gives them a hassle every time they try to play haha. I could dig up older threads that talked about this exact same routing issue if you'd like, but your post implies that you've been around a while so I won't bother with it (anyone curious can just run a forum search on phrases like "routing," "zayo," and "savvis"). You're wrong to say it's just one guy having problems though. On the flip side, a bunch of the people I raid with have periodic lag problems at the same time every day and then it disappears. Guess we can keep talking about this now.

On another note, OP do you use comcast? I use it and I have this problem, and I've read from a few others on this forum that they have it too. Considering switching to a different provider in the coming weeks because of this and a few other reasons (comcast's customer service is terrible) so I'll let you know if that actually changes things.
  • Actually, using that would probably solve my problem. I'm just not a cheater, so I don't use it :(
    No, you don't use it because you've 32 ms as you said and you've no idea how bad is to play with 150+
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    not to start a thread. Anyone else lagging hard since patch? I am lagging, freezing, everything on my end is the same but my game is unplayable or very laggy :confused::confounded:
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    not to start a thread. Anyone else lagging hard since patch? I am lagging, freezing, everything on my end is the same but my game is unplayable or very laggy :confused::confounded:

Is normal in Tera lol..... For 5 years same problem. Just live with it xD