The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Kyra Returns to TERA for Halloween! [UPDATED]

Kyra’s Pop-Up Potion Shack is back and open for business!

From Thursday, October 19 at 10 a.m. PDT, until Tuesday, November 7, you can once again earn catalysts throughout TERA, then cash them in for spooky Halloween prizes! The Potion Shack will stay open until 10 a.m. PST on November 14, but use your catalysts before then!

How Do You Get Catalysts

Elite players will get five catalysts the first time they log in during the event.

Starting at level 25, you automatically gain boxes of catalysts every 5 levels. These boxes can only be opened by characters of the appropriate level, so open them as soon as you get them. Reapers only get catalysts at level 60 and 65.

Victories in highlighted battlegrounds earns a Potionmaster’s Catalyst Box. See the updated battleground calendar for the battleground of the day!

Killing specific bosses in various dungeons also grants level-appropriate catalyst boxes:

Bastion of Lok—Murdranak
Sinestral Manor—Malgarios
Saravash’s Ascent—Saravash
Cultist’s Refgue—Terkasia
Necromancer Tomb—Kaidun
Labyrinth of Terror—Laknerus
Ebon Tower—Thulsa
Kelsaik’s Nest—Kelsaik
Kalivan's Dreadnaught—Kalivan*
Lilith's Keep (Normal)—Lilith*
Lilith's Keep (Hard)—Nightmare Lilith*
RK-9 Kennel—RK-9
Thaumetal Refinery—Garuuksalk
Thaumetal Refinery (Hard)—Nightmare Garuuksalk

*Kalivan's Dreadnaught and Lilith's Keep (Normal) award 1 catalyst. Lilith's Keep (Hard) awards 2 catalysts.

Hunt Brutal Basilisks
Hunt Brutal Orisks
Hunt Brutal Ovoliths
Hunt Brutal Blondbound Teraliths
Hunt Brutal Fimbrilisks
Hunt Brutal Searing Fangspawns
Hunt Brutal Naga Battlemasters
Hunt Brutal Iron Giants
Hunt Brutal Onyx Hydraths

Prizes for this round of Kyra’s Potion Shack include EMP jackpots, Halloween-themed costumes, pets, dyads, superior noctenium elixirs, and cosmetic accessories. (See the FAQ for the full list of prizes.)

Be sure to use your catalysts before maintenance on Tuesday, November 14, because afterwards any catalysts previously earned or purchased will be erased from player inventories and from the Welcome Window’s catalyst balance. Also, any catalyst boxes will be removed!

Now get out there and start brewing!

Comments

• XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hey the prizes seem to be pretty bad and useless cosmetics this time around(unless we can pick only the consumables like last time)
    Edit: I misread, so the catalysts do go away, this is event is pretty crap then
  • Yeah, I appreciate that kyra is back, but the selection on cosmetics IS pretty bad. I don't wanna sound ungrateful, I'll still participate like every year, just probably not gonna put as much effort since, we all know I'm just gonna end up with 200 useless masks and some nocts :c!
  • SowenSowen ✭✭✭
    I'm kinda disappointed as well :'(
  • Will the Devilicious outfits be available again?
  • Please add LK and take out some IOD ... our guild archer and another warr one shot bams on IOD
    Rather balance it out and have everyone do LKN, takes more than a minute like IOD Bams ...
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    having TR be a catalyst dungeon but not KD/LK..... :thinking:
  • It's time to stop crying and enjoy the event, is aways the same history, they put very rare items, ppl farm in event 24h/7d weekly then the same ppl come saying "OMG what EME did with the tera economy, they have no sense doing the events"
  • OmnomberryOmnomberry ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    DpkFicxll wrote: »
    It's time to stop crying and enjoy the event, is aways the same history, they put very rare items, ppl farm in event 24h/7d weekly then the same ppl come saying "OMG what EME did with the tera economy, they have no sense doing the events"

but why IOD, its already crowded and top dps farm it so fast
  • I don't care if the rewards are bad/good costumes, i can live without them if they skyrocket the price or gow down.

As long they still COSTUMES, and not resources.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Add two more dungeons plox. KD/LK

PS: Add some mounts, in anyway thanks for this. No mats should be distributed much right now, and also we have extra event for Halloween, so things gonna be balanced out later on.
  • No Diamonds/crafting materials and other usable things?
  • i was hoping for gold talents or any crafting materials that may help us enchant our gears
  • DpkFicxllDpkFicxll ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Omnomberry wrote: »
    but why IOD, its already crowded and top dps farm it so fast

But it's not a catalyst box, looks like one catalist for killing 10 bams, if i'm right it's 50 bams to open a potion

and please, don't add more dungeons, if u guys put a trash dungeon the ppl will spam, spam and spam the same dungeons just like was last year with shadow sanguinary, where the strong guys will made a premade and farmed alot more than the other players
  • After looking at the reward list, i`m kind of disappointed by the overwhelming lack of crafting materials. Crafting seems to be a big theme right, so it would have been nice if they would have dropped some Golden Darics or Plates into these rewards. Maybe even a diamond or two, for the people that want more then just cosmetics and silver tiaras. Overcrowding Island Of Dawn is tolerable I guess, but I`m also disappointed that the catalysts won`t be dropping at starter dungeons like RG,SF,KC etcetc, being as fresh level 65 players would probably prefer doing actual dungeons, over grinding those mindless "stick figures" at IOD. Maybe this is just my opinion, but I think that fresh players are not likely to jump into Thaumetal Refinery Hard Mode or RK-9 Kennel. This isn't even about player skill or finding a static, they physically won`t get Vanguard rewards without having the item level for those dungeons.

The new patch is great btw. I`m loving the new crafting system. Thumbs up all the way on that. If only they would have adjusted the catalyst event accordingly, this would have been fantastic. I mean, the Smart Dyad Niveot, the EMP, and the pets are practical rewards, and the Devilicious and Scrubs Costumes are great. But everything else is just... junk. I hope that the RNG on the catalysts is favorable this time around.