[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Halloween Screenshot Contest

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Took me couple of hours to find a nice place as the background. Did over a hundred tries to find the best pose and smile. I don't know about you guys, I'm happy with what I did. The screenshot is cute for me that is why I put it under that category. I'm sorry if anyone doesn’t like it.
  • Flayre67Flayre67 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Their event, their rules, their choices. better luck next time mate and i definitely didn't entered the wrong category. do you even know what dramatic is? get over it. its just 3k emp anyway lol

Edit: oh and i didn't edit mine either. tf is your point
  • **********HERE ARE THE REAL WINNERS**********

Rigged as always, like the loading screen contest which introduced us some of the ugliest abomination known to art.
    Or, the EME art department just lacks artsy brain cells.. one or the other.
    So, to elaborate my sentiments, I decided to pull together and compared these so called "winners" with the ones that should've won over them any day.

EME, seriously, please do not hold a contest if you fail at judging it. Stop luring in people to participate just to waste their time.
    Some of these people spent hours and hours creating something that's genuinely art, is pleasing to look at, and is worthy of being called the winner, yet you spoil it all by misjudging everything.
    I am not disregarding other entries, absolutely not. They're good, but just nowhere as good when put in comparison. And of course, their efforts are commended.
    EME, if you were really trying to appreciate the artists in the TERA community and what they had to offer by holding these contests, we could understand. However, what you have done and always been doing is nothing but denial to us, or anyone who does art.
    Just look at KTERA, or JTERA community. There's no random questionable items on their loading screens or contest winner lists except art. You don't need to be them or even be like them, but at least try to keep up in the same direction.
    So, PLEASE, hire someone who actually has an eye for this kind of thing before it hurts both sides even further!

Have your crack at it, guys. I believe in you.

Scariest:
    Won.. But I think it's more dramatic than scary, no? Maybe the guy entered it wrong?
    61eyoib.png
    VS
    Should've won. It's not edited, just look at the effects and scares this guy achieved in one go.
    bvgZH5d.jpg

Funniest:
    The BS that won, it's not even on full graphics.
    KeSAfkd.jpg
    VS
    Should've won.
    QkBZTlK.png
    Or this.. Don't need me to explain why, right? Unless you have no sense of humor, then get out of here.
    SD3gR5Y.png

**The next two are the prime example of good, or even very good but still nowhere as good when compared.
    Most Dramatic:
    Won... It's not bad, honestly, but still..
    YjyiPee.jpg
    VS
    Should've won, MAYBE?? Dude probably spent hours taking a shot that perfectly lines up brooch effect + skill effect + turning and aiming camera right after using a skill for the awesome background..hello?
    TERA_Screen_Shot_20171027_204005_1_2.png

Cutest:
    Won... lol - just a standstill shot of elin in combat, a stiff face with random colorful costumes. Cute? I mean yes elins are cute, but look at next two.
    20171028012444_2.png
    VS
    Should've won by a landslide, look at this fkn genius miracle. Look at the emote being used and captured at the perfect moment while proportioning the character with the background and the environment that is the butterflies. NOT EVEN MENTIONING THE CHOICE OF COSMETICS!
    I bet it was too much for the brain of whoever was judging so they just bypassed it...Sad.
    ih7daq.png
    or this, if you're opposed to male character winning "Cutest", just look at that face, the costume, and the beauty of the entire shot. Open your eyes.
    TERA_Screen_Shot_20171023_194225.png

Most Halloweeny:
    Don't even ask why this won... low graphics and poor resolution.
    22712171_1487035041389733_1571312921520537595_o.png?width=834&height=470
    VS
    Should've won by the perfect popo shot we've all been waiting for.
    RsJwv1j.jpg
    Or something like this. I've never seen more halloweeny things in one shot and all well proportioned than this, honestly.
    TERA_Screen_Shot_20161011_051843.png
  • Mmm.. interesting.

I won the last contest with a really elaborate piece so I thought that's what they liked and based on when judging, so I outdid myself this time and went even beyond.. but I guess same trick doesn't work twice? LOL

Maybe some of you remember my entry from last time:
    TERA_Screen_Shot_20161012_174029_1.png

Welp, as a previous winner, I must say...things got weird LOL and this is some funny stuff we witnessed this time around.
    Grats to the winners, like some said, your time and effort were commended and rewarded. But your winning on the other hand, while a reality, let's just say EME is not without RNG hahaha.

o///
  • 3GKXT597WA wrote: »
    EME, seriously, please do not hold a contest if you fail at judging it. Stop luring in people to participate just to waste their time.
    Some of these people spent hours and hours creating something that's genuinely art, is pleasing to look at, and is worthy of being called the winner, yet you spoil it all by misjudging everything.
    I am not disregarding other entries, absolutely not. They're good, but just nowhere as good when put in comparison. And of course, their efforts are commended.

Agreed tbh. I didn't enter, so I don't have anything to be salty about, but I was following this thread every day to look at all the entries and I must say I'm very surprised by the chosen winners. And then for those winning shots to be called "outstanding submissions which stood above the rest" haha

I'm guessing they just had one guy rushing to pick some winners last minute. I thought the way they did the last screenshot contest was better. They had the whole office vote on the winners and gave the results on stream. There was much less disagreement from the community that time around
  • I think graphics shouldn't matter. Some ppl just can't turn on better graphics.
    And even if I think there are better entries than the winner - there are always ppl who won't agree with EME. It's their choice, not ours - so; congrats to the winners :)
    ...some really good entries are not even Halloween-related...

My personal winner is the pink human angel :D but it's more "funny" than "cute"
  • edited November 2017
    nice work people
  • edited November 2017
    Personally I think these ones are one of the best for each catergory. Just look at how beautiful these screenshot are, compared to the winners.

These are the ones that should have won
    Cutest nHYZjDF.png

Most Dramatic ff01b2e3cce87fd042cb9641d2c47dbd.png Or even this TYv3Uhy.jpg

What do you guys think?
  • All contenders did actually did good and I liked to view most of them.

But about Scariest I have two issues, Player get to a place which is possible by a glitch, right? and it is volcanic and not Halloween related, screenshot is beautifully done, no argument there but as I said that is not so Halloween related and also is a blow to others that didn't glitch to get to places.
  • meh this is something....
  • All contenders did actually did good and I liked to view most of them.

But about Scariest I have two issues, Player get to a place which is possible by a glitch, right? and it is volcanic and not Halloween related, screenshot is beautifully done, no argument there but as I said that is not so Halloween related and also is a blow to others that didn't glitch to get to places.

It's not a glitch, i flew around fyrmgorge(whatever the spelling is) and you can totally swim around the lava w/o tricks. And if it were a glitch, they didn't mention that it wasn't allowed anyway.

'Not Halloween related' yeah i do thought about it but after a couple of google searches i think Halloween is abstract, it's like some sort of cosplay but with a theme of being spooky. you don't only thought of halloween as about only pumpkins. there are also vampires, wolves, skeleton shts, etc. I don't think it's necessary to have pumpkins all around you to be halloweeny

FJINOEH.jpg
  • rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    what did you learn boys and girls dont bother with art events anymore cause they can pick a pink killing eye thing > something that you dedicated hours into
  • Spacecats skipped page 17 to 23 .... Sutcho Funniest WTF!!! Jesus, Snowman and SANTA not funny enough? Space Cats lost my respect, But hey if you see Santa be nice you might get mail for x-mas :3 Space Cats gets coal lol
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have no idea why my entry hasnt won even 100 emp
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    581860TERAScreenShot20171108011433.png

202185TERAScreenShot20171108010717.png

504696TERAScreenShot20171108010402.png

Body is 10 characters too short.