[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

How to sell EMP to avoid Scam.

I am seeing some newcomers are selling EMP and some veterans unfortunately use that and try to scam them. So I give few tips.

1: WTS EMP ratio: Want to sell EMP, that is usual phrase to call in Trade chat/Global, Current ratio is 1:35 to extend of 1:40, it means, 1 EMP for 35-40 Golds.
2: WTB EMP ratio: Want to buy EMP, some players are calling that, it means they are willing to buy EMP, you pm/whisper them your own ratio.
3: Set a place, usually choose Highwatch and Velika, always check the buyer attitude and be aware of that, it helps. You trade personally, face to face, remember never do parcels, never do cross-server sell or even buy, so when the player is in front of you, you start the trading.

No some tips about trade:

1: When you set your ratio, and buyer agreed, don't buy the item right away, let them come to you, when you saw the player and got sure then buy the item.
2: Never buy multiple items with EMP, if a player wants multiple items, it is fine, just buy one by one, get 1st item, trade that item, get your gold for that item, lock the trade. Then you get the other items in that order. You won't get items then see that player not buying or fleeing so you get those items in your hand, and also one by one trade is easy for you to track and calculate the gold and items.
3: Announce the item in chat and its gold price value in chat between you and buyer, if anything go wrong, you can take a screenshot of that and report the player, remember if you felt something is fishy, you can take a screenshot of trade window, but better to call it off totally

Notes:

1: There are players, veterans mostly try to lower the ratio or trick you into it, usually don't sell them when you felt that in chat, usually will end in scam or giving you less gold.
2: Be patient when trying to sell EMP with your ratio and trade, you rush and you might mess it up or when you rush in chat, that calls for those kind of players targeting you.
3: There are discount times that EMP ratio rises, it is upto you to pick a ratio that works for community and faster trades.

Selling and buying EMP is totally fine and I like this part, so keep these in mind to avoid getting scammed or disheartened by few players.

if anyone got any other tips for them or some more ways to avoid any problems, share with community plz, tnx.

Comments

• Especially during sales please... qwq; The past mount-sale weekend I was logged in for way longer than I usually do because no one was advertising their emp and a lot of people were anouncing they wanted to buy qwq; some people do not mind paying higher rate for items they want that just came back to the store for a sale...
  • report scamer
  • FerriaFerria ✭✭✭
    Umm... EMP rates are different in different servers. When you think about it, in-game gold is easier to obtain and it's free as opposed to people actually using REAL HARD cash and selling it to get gold.

Idk, I think the "free players" who play broker and/or have no-life and have ample amount of gold would still win against someone who spends real money in a way due to the rates being pretty crappy.

Say 1:40 x 12k EMP = 480,000 gold. What can you even buy with that to satisfy yourself in-game? LOL!! One dragon mount now is 450k-600k. Oh which reminds me, then we have those people who'd ONLY buy for a specific rate even during sales even though they are rich af in Tera.. so yeah. LOL.

So someone has to send $100-$400 to get a costume/item they want or mats/gear boxes.

Meh.

Good guide, and yes, newbies, avoid being scammed... however, do plan your spendings lol
  • ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    new comers that don't know what WTS means or cant figure it out shouldnt be buying hundreds of dollars of EMP.
  • edited October 2017
    Honestly... "how to sell EMP to avoid scam" is use the trade broker and pay the taxes. That's the only risk-free way of doing trades between strangers in the game. Obviously no one likes paying the tax or being at the mercy of what's on the broker (or buying things speculating where the demand is), but anything else adds risk. I don't recommend it for anyone unless it's between people they trust.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly... "how to sell EMP to avoid scam" is use the trade broker and pay the taxes. That's the only risk-free way of doing trades between strangers in the game. Obviously no one likes paying the tax or being at the mercy of what's on the broker (or buying things speculating where the demand is), but anything else adds risk. I don't recommend it for anyone unless it's between people they trust.

For years, people doing that, and many people were fine, on CH, I know of 3-4 people vet mostly try to scam or get cheaper. It is not a bad thing at all. if they follow that they will be fine. I love getting EMP, that is my Tera life :#
  • What is this, trade one by one? Would as well better find different emp seller otherwise it would take long. But I guess it works for the sellers, sucks for buyers (like me)^^
    DTYXAGL4TR wrote: »
    What is this, trade one by one? Would as well better find different emp seller otherwise it would take long. But I guess it works for the sellers, sucks for buyers (like me)^^

it works for players that are new, and it doesn't really take much, when I do this, I give the sections and names to seller so they find them faster.
  • also make sure they added the right amount, this one guy offered me 40k for an item when we started the trade he added 1 gold and pressed agree, if you dont double check propperly you are screwed too.
    UdonPasta wrote: »
    also make sure they added the right amount, this one guy offered me 40k for an item when we started the trade he added 1 gold and pressed agree, if you dont double check propperly you are screwed too.

Yeah this, double check and never lock the trade fast. Always double check gold and trades.