There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 8 - 11 A.M. PDT

Extended Maintenances Through 11/2

Hey everyone!

For the next two weeks, the operations team will be conducting extended maintenances that will affect TERA operations. These are long-planned hardware migrations that require downtime for various services. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update this thread if details change.

Tuesday 10/24 - Maintenance will run from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. PDT. AV and MT will be migrated. All TERA servers will be unavailable.

Thursday 10/26 - Maintenance will run from 6 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PDT. All TERA servers and websites will be unavailable. The TERA forums WILL be available.

Thursday 11/02 - Maintenance will run from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. PDT. FF, CH, and TR wil be down for migration. AV and MT will be available.

Comments

• We are finally getting better servers?
  • Intredasting
  • We are finally getting better servers?

God hear you, Bro.
  • Or is it finally going to be a server merge
  • Symn wrote: »
    Or is it finally going to be a server merge

They are not server merges.
  • Halrath wrote: »
    Symn wrote: »
    Or is it finally going to be a server merge

They are not server merges.

a guy can dream cant he
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    No he can't !!!!!

Every time some one dreams , or wantingly suggests they strongly fast shoot down merges with out a doubt :)
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Will there be less lag and fewer server meltdowns?
  • @Halrath Can you give us some information regarding this migration? Are you moving the server's physical location to another area of the country?
  • With this much maintenance time, seems like something big is happening!!!
  • LessThanNoneLessThanNone ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    MarkDRx wrote: »
    @Halrath Can you give us some information regarding this migration? Are you moving the server's physical location to another area of the country?

As much as I wish they were (Give me a west coast server EME, pop one down in Seattle) I highly doubt that they're actually moving the servers at all; rather, they just appear to be upgrading hardware hence the use of the term "hardware migration".
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Halrath Can you give us some information regarding this migration? Are you moving the server's physical location to another area of the country?

Literally the first thing that comes up when you search for "server migration."

"Server Migration is simply the act of moving your server data and configuration from one server to another."
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe our server provider has moved to a new building, and we're being transferred to the new site, on new servers.

Oh, heck it's all just speculation. @Halrath can you tell us anything after it's over? Or will we be doomed to never ever find out?
  • Just don't increase my ping please.
  • MarkDRxMarkDRx ✭✭
    edited October 2017

Literally the first thing that comes up when you search for "server migration."

"Server Migration is simply the act of moving your server data and configuration from one server to another."

Did I ask you? You aren't giving any information that wasn't already known stop trying to be such a smart [filtered]. I'm asking the GM if they are moving to new equipment in the same room, or moving the server location to another state. Your input is completely unnecessary much like your existence on these forums.
This discussion has been closed.