[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Extended Maintenances Through 11/2

Comments

• HAI! is everyone having a joyful day? I hope so. =)=)
  • So...some servers will be down for days or am I getting that wrong? o.O
  • BrysanBrysan ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    One can only hope that is the solution to the problem that has been effecting the servers for over a year now.

Even if these 'upgrades' had any affect on the latency to the servers, whether it be more or less if it fixes the constant server lag, disconnects and the terrible routing for some people's ISPs produced by the servers i'd be happy either way. Although, I do have 250ms (on a good day) and if I was to endure anymore ping than I already have i'd be upset. Non the less if it fixes the issues i stated above i'll be satisfied with the changes and I might actually consider investing into paying for elite again for the long term.

Wishful thinking though, right?
  • Hope it a server merge :> along with server hardware update tera needed new servers for years if we can get stable servers people would come back...
  • berrymilk wrote: »
    Hope it a server merge :> along with server hardware update tera needed new servers for years if we can get stable servers people would come back...

It won't be a server merge, whether it be a good or bad thing.

@Halrath comment is quoted below.
    Halrath wrote: »
    Symn wrote: »
    Or is it finally going to be a server merge

They are not server merges.
  • Spacecats, can you give us more detail about this extended maintenances? people just wanna know if gameplay will be better than now, if server stop crash and if general performance will be increased.
  • MarkDRx wrote: »
    MarkDRx wrote: »
    @Halrath Can you give us some information regarding this migration? Are you moving the server's physical location to another area of the country?

Literally the first thing that comes up when you search for "server migration."

"Server Migration is simply the act of moving your server data and configuration from one server to another."

Did I ask you? You aren't giving any information that wasn't already known stop trying to be such a smart [filtered]. I'm asking the GM if they are moving to new equipment in the same room, or moving the server location to another state. Your input is completely unnecessary much like your existence on these forums.

or post in these forums, or ask in these forums, or reply in these forums, or other people in these forums

im hope they replaces hamsters with capibaras
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    berrymilk wrote: »
    Hope it a server merge
    without trying to being an [filtered], do you really hope they would merge server without making an announcement weeks prior? imagine the response to such an act.
  • Interesting. Hardware migration for AV and MT--ALL servers unavailable for duration. Hardware migration for FF, TR, and CH--AV and MT will be up and running. I am sure there is a good reason for this. Probably something too technical for the hoi polloi to understand, which is why the obvious asymmetry was not addressed. Just surprised the local trolls have not gone ballistic in the thread.
  • Lolitaa wrote: »
    I really hope the servers aren't being moved to Seattle because that is by far the quickest way to get me to quit this game.
    >assuming u live somewhere in NA

What, because you ping might increase slightly? how petty. come live in southeast asia and play tera u [filtered] then maybe u will appreciate the ping you would have if servers were in seattle.

Perhaps you would have a lot better ping to the Tera in your region.
    You can't really expect people to be happy about EME's host's [filtered] routing or a possible drop in QoL of some players connections just because you play from the other side of the world of your own volition.
    Every time you stub your toe, do you appreciate the pain because there's some people out there without toes? moon2W
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    DreamMT wrote: »
    Perhaps you would have a lot better ping to the Tera in your region.
    I probably would! if i know about other regions and ping 2 years ago. i was nagged into downloading it from steam by a friend. it wasn't until mooonths later I learned of eutera, ktera, jtera. i learn to put up with my ping, but it still irritates me if someone with extremely lower ping complains about a small jump.
    when i came to tera, i didn't know about ping. (which why i'm not going to argue further into detail and be hit with terms I don't know. QoL for example) i wasn't into games. (still not either, but i like tera) i didn't know about ping reliance, I thought every player played like I did. how wrong i was
  • WolfMasterWolfMaster ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    kubitoid wrote: »
    berrymilk wrote: »
    Hope it a server merge :> along with server hardware update tera needed new servers for years if we can get stable servers people would come back...
    to discover that server theyve been on is merged with another one and they have nothing left, no characters, no gold, no cosmetics. pleasant surprise for returning player isnt it :)

How many years have you been gone. When they merged highwatch with whatever to create feyforest, all my stuff was still there and I hadn't played on highwatch since 2 weeks after it opened. I still have chars on feyforest and ch. Never play them and just log them every 6 months not to lose them.

Did anyone every think that maybe they could be also getting faster upload with the new equip to reduce lag. We need the same net as Japan/Korea 1gb up/down. At least that's what my friends there have.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    @Halrath Can you give us some information regarding this migration? Are you moving the server's physical location to another area of the country?

Literally the first thing that comes up when you search for "server migration."

"Server Migration is simply the act of moving your server data and configuration from one server to another."

Did I ask you? You aren't giving any information that wasn't already known stop trying to be such a smart [filtered]. I'm asking the GM if they are moving to new equipment in the same room, or moving the server location to another state. Your input is completely unnecessary much like your existence on these forums.

or post in these forums, or ask in these forums, or reply in these forums, or other people in these forums

im hope they replaces hamsters with capibaras

But those won't fit in the little wheels...

EDIT: Maybe they are installing more robust anti-cow fencing
  • ✿❀ Five hours later ❁❃
This discussion has been closed.