[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Elite Status Updates - Changing to elite status bring new benefits for you! - needs editing

2»

Comments

• AcendiaAcendia ✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Acendia wrote: »
    NikuroTega wrote: »
    I wonder if they are bringing back gem bags for elite status. That'd be a thing worth subbing to.

Actually kinda funny, back then gold was worth way more and the gems were really good. They would definitely fit this new patch well.

No it shouldn't come back, back them Gems weren't mats for gearing, they are now. They should never come back now

I don't really care either way, but it's just once-a-month thing anyway and if the perk was exactly the same as before it wouldn't be unfair or broken because it wasn't really that many gems compared to this patch. I can get the same amount of gems in a single day of Ghillie if I was lucky.
  • Acendia wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Acendia wrote: »
    NikuroTega wrote: »
    I wonder if they are bringing back gem bags for elite status. That'd be a thing worth subbing to.

Actually kinda funny, back then gold was worth way more and the gems were really good. They would definitely fit this new patch well.

No it shouldn't come back, back them Gems weren't mats for gearing, they are now. They should never come back now

I don't really care either way, but it's just once-a-month thing anyway and if the perk was exactly the same as before it wouldn't be unfair or broken because it wasn't really that many gems compared to this patch. I can get the same amount of gems in a single day of Ghillie if I was lucky.

the trick is rubyes, get to many rubyes as you can
  • edited October 2017
    Like all the threads about this... elite status offers the most important thing that can't be obtained in game for free: zero broker listing tax. It's a game-breaking advantage... to those who use it. If you don't use it and don't find any of the other things convenient... then fine, don't buy. The fact you can get by in the game just fine without Elite is part of what keeps the game fair for F2P players.

EME has said they're planning to make more improvements to Elite in the coming weeks, so if you have other suggestions about what you think would be worth it, now's the time... but I struggle to think of much they can do that will make it "must-have" without also seeming too "pay-to-win".
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly as counterpoint said, the no broker fees make it a life saver if you sell expensive items on the broker all the time
  • FerriaFerria ✭✭✭
    I personally would like to see the noctenium infusion potion added as an elite perk. Here's why. They added the nostrum to the elite perks, which nostrums aren't really that hard to get and are easily available. I have stacks of them saved up from farming IOD and opening mwa boxes in the past. I don't exactly know where or how people aquire noctenium these days after they removed Alliance. Though I think it would be a very nice addition to our perks and I'd then feel like I'm getting my moneys worth each month.

Another thing, and I've asked for this years ago, would be for 5 more slots added in the travel journal. I currently have two world bam spawns saved, two dungeon entrances, and one mountain in velika I like to go to get away from the people and cities during my down time or afk time. I would love to add more dungeon entrances, more afk spots, and one or two more world bam spawns for my achievements.
  • SirachaNinjaSirachaNinja ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    1. how about a faster way to open crates/emblem boxes (where there are rng choice of 1-4) - should be gamewide implementation
    - you can tick an automatically choose an option and just keep clicking until boxes run out

2. auto roll/defend in the reward tier dungeon
    - you can have a bot auto defend the loot box in the reward tier dungeon (it has no bearing on game content), most people just bored of doing this dungeon and doesn't care how much % they get from the mission (any number from 1% - 100% would be good enough)

3. reward tier point boost (instead of looter gold boost - this boost doesn't do anything)
    - definitely people will buy elite in troves for this since it will take years to get to tier 10: not much bearing in game advantage since you will still have to buy your dark flame skill with tokens (75k tokens) that only do cosmetic (for bragging) and only show for 1 character
    - some feedback on this: when reward tier was rolled out, people got their tier based on how long they stayed in elite (so it makes sense), also the point isn't given for free, you will still have to finish the vg mission to get the points

4. more keen mote drop from IoD, helps complete vg faster (this will free up time people do other things in game (like gather ores) and has no bearing to game advantage), retain players
    - while at it (gamewide): increase spawn rate and density of IoD bam, i had to kill 3 bams then wait 30 seconds for the first kill to regen

5. costmetic sampler box (like a 1-3 days smart box for cosmetic) - never game breaker in anyway, encourage people to spend more emp to buy the real cosmetic if they like it

6. random temporary shape changer/confident potion box (these are temporary cosmetic items that is never game breaking) - people have fun and enjoy the game

7. gem bag and what not (some people want these), i dont really care so i put it here if it's easy

yes, i have a lot of ideas, i should work as content manager/engagement manager for game :)
    will add more when i think of some :)
  • No . bad ideas ..
  • 3. reward tier point boost (instead of looter gold boost - this boost doesn't do anything)
    - definitely people will buy elite in troves for this since it will take years to get to tier 10: not much bearing in game advantage since you will still have to buy your dark flame skill with tokens (75k tokens) that only do cosmetic (for bragging) and only show for 1 character

Of the ideas you mentioned, this one I can potentially agree with. I thought from the get-go that Elite should double your in-game reward points and reward credits. It would be consistent with many of the other "doubling" benefits of Elite. Whether it's technically feasible or not, who knows, but at least I think it would make some sense.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. reward tier point boost (instead of looter gold boost - this boost doesn't do anything)

Of the ideas you mentioned, this one I can potentially agree with. I thought from the get-go that Elite should double your in-game reward points and reward credits. It would be consistent with many of the other "doubling" benefits of Elite. Whether it's technically feasible or not, who knows, but at least I think it would make some sense.

And those who have tier 10?

Would not be better for Elite to have another kind of perk that can go on after you reach t10?

ie. Double Reward Credits from Special dungeon.
  • edited October 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

And those who have tier 10?

Would not be better for Elite to have another kind of perk that can go on after you reach t10?

ie. Double Reward Credits from Special dungeon.

Well, this was why I was including double reward credits, not just points. But I also thought, from the get-go, that anything in-game that rewards points should also reward credits for a similar reason.

(Then again, the amount of people who actually have Tier 10 in this game are very small, and while I do think they should be considered... I'm not sure they'd be my main focus in terms of who needs to be enticed to buy Elite.)